Probotic question

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Probotic question

This topic contains 19 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  impossible 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

myword12345
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 55

Im in 5 months with the diet. I am just now starting probotics because I was scared too , but here I go. I started with 4 Billion first day 8 billion second day. I am having a little brain fog dizzy tired sweating at night.sinuses. What I was wondering is how fast should I increase? What goal am I trying to get to 50 b? Also how long do I take them?

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

If your having problems like that you might want to excercise caution. Probiotics have their dark side too. Alot of people experience problems with them. Anything from immune reactions to sibo to feeding other nasty gut infections. If a person has a true leaky gut, probiotics are one of the worst things they can take as it leads to major circulating immune complexs. This feels like what your describing, or kind of like just being sick. One of the first symptoms is usually pressure in the sinus’s, ears and/or eyes. If I was having those problems and I didnt experience those exact symptoms from taking antifungals, there is no way I would continue them, at least not orally.

myword12345

What should I do then?

myword12345

Couldnt it just be die off? Dont I have to take them to get better?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I personally wouldn’t be too worried. Your symptoms aren’t severe, right? Eventually you’ll want to work up to a higher doseage of 30-90 billion cfu per day but as of now I would stick to low doseages.

HMF neuro is a probiotic that typically doesn’t cause many problems and you could take a weaker version of it called HMF forte if you are interested in one that contains human derived probiotics.

-raster

myword12345

I am taking
    Gr8-Dophilus 4 Billion 3 a day. I am now getting like a cold and in my chest and back .Really tired brain fog, bloating and a good old yeast infection just feels like a flu sort of. I figure it was just die off or maybe I was catching something.

impossible

That is the major problem with blogs/forums/books/etc and protocols like this. People feel that they must follow them in order to get to where they want to be. This often winds up hurting alot of people and most of the time it gets called die off or detox. There is no one protocol that is right for everyone, in fact I think broad protocols are rather foolish. The better ones should serve as nothing more than basic guidelines to add and subtract from and what works best FOR YOU is what you should do. If taking probiotics orally hurts you, then it stands that taking probiotics orally is what you should not do in order to get better. That does leave one other option though 🙂

myword12345

I started researching and even with leaky gut it says probotics is what is going to make it better. I feel like I have no choice but to take them. I am hoping it is die off and will pass soon. I guess I will keep it at 12 b for now.maybe when this part passes move up to 30b. How long is it that you are suppose to take them for life? Or till you are better?

myword12345

How do you take them if not orally? Added to an enema ? Wouldn’t it still be put in your body?

impossible

myword12345;51990 wrote: How do you take them if not orally? Added to an enema ? Wouldn’t it still be put in your body?

Yep, the majority of the problem comes from the fact that they are in the small intestine, where leaky gut is the main issue and is also an area that is supposed to be near sterile and where the immune system becomes more sensitive during times of gastro inflammation.

myword12345

I will look into that, I will research it all more Thanks to both of you

impossible

Most probiotics get killed before they reach the colon when taken orally anyway. Enema is actually a far superior way anyway.

That depends on just how “leaky” the gut is. If its letting bacteria into the bloodstream, that is a friggin disaster.

If it is making you sick, would you rather have your immune system using its limited resources fighting off your probiotics or your infections? Plus that only pushes the immune system farther into Th2 dominance. And would that much more inflammation be good or bad for leaky gut? Dont listen to what people that sell probiotics and protocols say, listen to your body.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You are experiencing typical die-off symptoms imho and it should only be temporary. I always will suggest that you get professional help but not everyone can afford this. Most people experience slight changes for a short period of time after taking probiotics, especially if the infestation is still bad.

Most people generally do experience great benefits from taking probiotics despite the minor symptoms you might get at first. Of course probiotics are not for everyone but they do generally cause candida to die and you to feel bad.

-raster

impossible

I think its highly unlikely that a person 5 months into it would get enough die off from that small of an amount of probiotics to feel like they have the flu.

Tdog333
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

impossible;52004 wrote: I think its highly unlikely that a person 5 months into it would get enough die off from that small of an amount of probiotics to feel like they have the flu.

never know though i guess, i just started bactillus coagulans which is supposed to literally eat c.diff and candida and help sterilize the small intestine, i just took the reccomended dose yesterday and have some die off today. but its pretty minor, just like a small cold so i think you’re right to an extent but never know what candida will be vulnerable to

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Probotic question’ is closed to new replies.