Probiotics worsening things

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Probiotics worsening things

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

kingbean
    Participant
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 5

I know all about die-off after starting probiotics, antifungals, new diet, etc. But when I switched brands and upped the strains (from 50billion to 100billion), my run of feeling good and relatively symptom-free ended within a couple of days. Lots of brain pain (inflammation), fogginess, anxiety, depression. This has lasted more than a month. Anyone have trouble on big probiotics or on certain brands/strains? Wondering if the probiotic is to blame? I’m taking the Klaire Labs version. Thanks.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Do you have a detox plan? I recommend reducing your intake of probiotics. My ND starts people off slow with a low doseage of like less than 15 billion cfu (HMF forte) which is a prebiotic mostly. Then after time he has them increase to a higher dose as they can handle it. This isn’t a race, but more of a marathon.

Check out this post:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst8180_Doing-too-much-too-fast.aspx

-raster

kingbean
    Participant

Raster-I greatly appreciate it. I assumed my body would just catch up to these big changes at some point (it’s been a month on the big 100B probiotic). However, during that time frame, I also changd my diet (no sugar, gluten, dairy), added Nystatin, which floored me, and then later oil of oregano, which floored me again. Too much, too soon makes sense to me. My detox plan is lemony-water and molybdenum 3x/day. a little non-sweaty exercise too. that’s about it. Am i missing something? Been at this thing 4 months, but only aggressively in the last 30 days. Again, appreciate your thoughts. Are you in recovery?

raster
    Participant

You are likely overdoing it imho and you don’t have a good enough detox plan…so I would reduce antifungals and probiotics and you should feel better. Some people remove antifungals completely and feel way better.

This is a long term battle for most people, and I tell most forum members to plan on a 6-18 month recovery to get over this.

-raster

kingbean
    Participant

Thanks. What more to add to detox beyond what I’ve stated?

raster
    Participant

Liver cleansing herbs and detox products like candidate. Some foods help detox. Vitamin C is
    helpful in detoxing.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9434_Die-off-remedies-post–will-edit-more-in-time.aspx

-raster

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Probiotics worsening things’ is closed to new replies.