Probiotics: Why they’re Necessary

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Probiotics: Why they’re Necessary

This topic contains 71 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by  Sonic Boom 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Author

dave
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 34

As I am purchasing everything I will need to begin this I am wondering a few things about both kefir and probiotics. First, concerning the probiotics, I am already taking a 25 Bil, probiotic each night before I go to bed that has 5 strains. I plan on rotating soon but am wondering if I should stop taking my current probiotics for the first week of the diet PLUS the first week I introduce the kefir? Meaning I would be without probiotics for the first 3-4 weeks of the diet? This is fine if necessary but I want to clarify in case it would be better to be taking them during the initial weeks of the diet?

Also, some say to take with food some say without, both on bottles as well as individual people….does it matter? Which provides the good bacteria the best chance at doing their job?

Re: kefir, should commercial probiotics be taken at the same time as the kefir is drank or another time? Is anyone familiar with the Kefir Lady in Ohio and have you used her? I emailed her tonight in hopes of getting some decent grains going ASAP. Thanks for the help!

dave
    Replies: 34

Bump

serenedream
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 84

After reading this forum post, I am starting to get a little nervous. I came across this website before exploring the forum (and how vastly different the strategies are in areas). I ordered my probiotic prior and chose the website’s suggestion of: http://www.thecandidadiet.com/healthy-origins-probiotics.htm

It’s shelf-stable, but after reading, it seems that I should have gotten a probiotic that needs to be refrigerated? Since I spent the money, would anyone advise to just take the HO and start MegaFlora or a refrigerated brand after?

As always, thank you!

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

Yes Serene,

You will be fine if you take what you have first. I often have 2 bottles of probiotics going at once. Sometimes when I run out of probiotic I go down to my natural drug store and buy what ever they have on the shelf just to take until the good stuff I ordered online gets here.

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

Dave,

I took probiotics for years and never felt a thing. My naturopath would get me really strong probiotics from innate and other great companies. Then she would ask me if it was too much for me. I never knew what she was taking about because I never felt a thing no matter how much I took.
    FF to month 4 on the strict diet and I’ve made it through a ton of die off. Now I feel the probiotics! Oh! the gas and the bloating!

My point is that probiotics are not that important early on. Just take what you have and don’t stress it, when you’ve been on the diet for a while and you are feeling a little better that’s the time to get serious about probiotics. It seems to me that the earlier bottles will not be as effective as the later bottles.

emz333
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 49

hey guys dammit my milk thistle may contain maltodextrin? i googled it but can not find exact ingredients. its greenridge milk thistle, if anyones heard of it. i stopped taking my probioti because it contained it which doesnt say on the bottle, i had to google it. so harrrrrd!

hobitfoot
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Jo*Jo;21887 wrote: I was just about to by MegaFood Mega flora 14-20 (link) but they say there’s a problem with shipping it internationally with ice so they suggest buying a stabilized probiotic instead but I dont know which to get? None of them are any of the recommended ones in the first post.

I can’t get these items refrigerated to Korea, too. do I have alternatives? (I regularly order my items from iherb)

DaughterNature
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 82

Able900;4382 wrote: Natural Probiotics:

If you order probiotics over the Internet be sure to request that your order is shipped in an optional ice pack for protection, and when you receive them, they should be kept in a refrigerator for storage.

Able

Able, I want to ask: how do I request for an ice pack for protection on amazon? I am getting all probiotics sent to me from there.

Thanks

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You have to order it from a different site that supplies the ice packs with the probiotics. I personally use rockwellnutrition.com for my probiotic purchases and they put ice packs with their shipments for free. I believe iherb.com might also ship with ice packs but it might not be free.

-raster

DaughterNature
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 82

Able,

You mention in the original post that amazon ships the listed probiotics: MegaFlora 50-14, Flora 50-14 from Innate Response, Flora 200-14 from Innate Response, and Renew Life Ultimate Flora. Do you believe shipping from amazon is wise if a cold pack is not provided? Will the probiotics maintain their beneficial qualities throughout a 3 to 5-day journey?

Also, I plan on drinking lots of kefir. Is it possible to eliminate expensive probiotics at a certain point and continue to consume my homemade kefir milk as my only probiotic? I live in a hot and desolate area–an inconvenience if I must ask for 1-day shipping to keep my products cool.

Thank you.

bacflip4
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 12

What do you do for yogurt/keifer if you are showing a cow’s milk sensitivity?

Sonic Boom
    Replies: 52

Has anyone found a site that ships HMF Neuro Probiotics by Genestra with ice pack shipping?

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Probiotics: Why they’re Necessary’ is closed to new replies.