Probiotics: Why they’re Necessary

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Probiotics: Why they’re Necessary

This topic contains 71 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by  Sonic Boom 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 72 total)
  • Author

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

I asked Brenda to explain the idea of stomach acid. This is what she wrote back and what is on her website.

Our comprehensive line of probiotic supplements continues to be America’s leading choice for optimal digestive and immune support. Each of our high-potency, multi-billion-count formulas combines clinically studied probiotic strains in fewer capsules to ensure maximum effectiveness, with advanced Enteric-GUARD™ delivery technology to help protect the active probiotics from harsh stomach acid and transport them directly to the intestines where they are needed most.>>

“The destruction of bacteria by the stomach acid is basic physiology. If you want to deliver more good bacteria to the intestine, you need to protect them on their way there.

Sometimes, with upper digestive issues like GERD, esophagitis, and others, probiotics are needed in the upper tract, so you wouldn’t want those to be coated. In that case, you want the probiotics (along with other reparative substances) to come in contact with the tissues – and in fact, I recommend in those cases, a powdered probiotic.”

Lauren

Hy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 59

so what’s the best time of day to take probiotics? I found megaflora tonight. Wooo!!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hy wrote: so what’s the best time of day to take probiotics? I found megaflora tonight. Wooo!!

Hello, Hy. Glad you were able to find the megaflora.
    The best time is very early in the morning, on an empty stomach and at least an hour before eating.
    Just as you’re going to bed is another good time, again on a completely empty stomach, at least two hours after food was taken. Be sure to drink water afterwards.

Be sure not to take probiotics or drink kefir within several hours of taking an antifungal.

Able

Hy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 59

Able900 wrote:

so what’s the best time of day to take probiotics? I found megaflora tonight. Wooo!!

Hello, Hy. Glad you were able to find the megaflora.
    The best time is very early in the morning, on an empty stomach and at least an hour before eating.
    Just as you’re going to bed is another good time, again on a completely empty stomach, at least two hours after food was taken. Be sure to drink water afterwards.

Be sure not to take probiotics or drink kefir within several hours of taking an antifungal.

Able

Thanks, Able! So antifungal would be best taken in the middle of the day away from the kefir in the morning and the probiotic at night. Got it. Yes! Excited to be taking this new step!

Aloe214
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 8

@raster should i take HMF neuro with meal (following the label) or on the empty stomach in the early morning and before bed? Is it safe to take more than the recommended amount?

Marbro
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 252

bump for new folks

Jo*Jo
    Topics: 64
    Replies: 242

Able900 wrote:
    Natural Probiotics:
    Ten days to two weeks from the day you actually start the diet (depending on how your treatment has progressed at the time), you could test a natural probiotic, specifically homemade kefir or homemade yogurt – if you start one of these at that time, you should definitely use homemade products only and not a commercial type of yogurt or kefir.
    Then two weeks later, or four weeks after finishing the detox, you can test commercially purchased organic non-sweetened Greek yogurt. Oikos and Fage are two excellent brands of organic Greek yogurt.

NOTE: Homemade kefir will be the most beneficial whole food supplement added throughout your treatment.

Regarding the kefir, can this be either milk or water kefir?

Also, I want to do this diet to the best of my ability (I will be starting Tuesday 17th April) but do i have to buy such expensive probiotic tablets? I really cant afford this. Is there any alternative?

Delyse
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 47

Hi Able

All of the brands you recommend are not shipped to Australia because they need to be in ice.

The only one I could find with DDS-1 is dr. Mercola in stabilized form which I purchased from iherbs.it contain 70 billion CFU per 2 capsule serving. Currently I am taking probiotic with 8 strains but no information about the count. Can I move to dr.Mercola one after finishing that one.

Thanks for your advice.

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Jo*Jo wrote:

Also, I want to do this diet to the best of my ability (I will be starting Tuesday 17th April) but do i have to buy such expensive probiotic tablets? I really cant afford this. Is there any alternative?

Hi Jo Jo,

You can do either milk or water kefir, but IMO milk kefir gives you more nutrients (potassium, protein, calcium…) where water kefir just offers probiotics. Water kefir is less expensive as you don’t have to purchase milk. On the other hand, if milk was part of your budget anyway, everything stays the same, you just make kefir out of that milk now.

If you can’t afford expensive probiotics, get something to get you started and do kefir which is fairly inexpensive. Later if you can, just ramp it up. Also, what you can do is eat as many prebiotic foods as you can as this will feed probiotics and, like in the real life, if you are a good host they will stay 🙂

Don’t stress to much over it, I know how it is as I am on a very fixed budget, plus living in a country where most of the stuff is not available, but stress is not good for your treatment so just make up a plan with what you can do and just don’t worry about what you can’t do.

I believe that we can still recover even if we don’t do everything there is to do as long as we cut off candida’s food supply and restore the good bacteria and feed it well. The healing process might just take longer doing it this way but once you start feeling better and get used to eating this diet just enjoy the rest of the journey towards better days. I am on third month and at the beginning I was going from few great days to few very bad days but now it all stabilized a bit. I am slowly progressing and slowly feeling better. I’m not 100% yet, far from it, and I still have off days, but never so bad as before. I calmed down a bit and now just waiting patiently to be completely healed and 100% symptom free, relaxed and enjoying the ride 🙂

Arijana

sammcl
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 151

What if you took both supplements together?

Jo*Jo
    Topics: 64
    Replies: 242

orka1998 wrote:

Hi Jo Jo,

You can do either milk or water kefir, but IMO milk kefir gives you more nutrients (potassium, protein, calcium…) where water kefir just offers probiotics. Water kefir is less expensive as you don’t have to purchase milk. On the other hand, if milk was part of your budget anyway, everything stays the same, you just make kefir out of that milk now.

If you can’t afford expensive probiotics, get something to get you started and do kefir which is fairly inexpensive. Later if you can, just ramp it up. Also, what you can do is eat as many prebiotic foods as you can as this will feed probiotics and, like in the real life, if you are a good host they will stay 🙂

Don’t stress to much over it, I know how it is as I am on a very fixed budget, plus living in a country where most of the stuff is not available, but stress is not good for your treatment so just make up a plan with what you can do and just don’t worry about what you can’t do.

I believe that we can still recover even if we don’t do everything there is to do as long as we cut off candida’s food supply and restore the good bacteria and feed it well. The healing process might just take longer doing it this way but once you start feeling better and get used to eating this diet just enjoy the rest of the journey towards better days. I am on third month and at the beginning I was going from few great days to few very bad days but now it all stabilized a bit. I am slowly progressing and slowly feeling better. I’m not 100% yet, far from it, and I still have off days, but never so bad as before. I calmed down a bit and now just waiting patiently to be completely healed and 100% symptom free, relaxed and enjoying the ride 🙂

Arijana

Thanks Orka. I have ordered some Kefir grains and am looking forward to looking after and making the most out of them.

Lauren

Able or anyone else that has bought MegaFood ™ by MegaFlora
    14 Strains- 20 Billion Per Capsule (with DDS-1) do you find it in health food stores or only online? Is this a normal price for this probotics? http://www.iherb.com/MegaFood-MegaFlora-Optimal-Potency-Probiotic-Formula-90-Capsules-Ice/4084?at=0

Thanks I just felt like it is time to change my proboitics,
    Lauren

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Lauren,

Yes, this is the going rate for good probiotics. I wasn’t able to find it any cheaper anywhere else online and its because they make just about $1 selling each bottle (whoever sells them). Vitamin shoppe carries them too, but isn’t available in every store. If they don’t have them, they’ll talk you into another brand.

I believe wal-mart also carries megaflora and its available at my local health food store (thats where I get it).

-raster

Lauren

Thank you Raster!!! I think my health food store might actually have them. If not I will try Walmart!
    Thank you for responding,
    Lots of love to you,
    Lauren

Doggiemama
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 204

Able900 wrote:

Hi Able,I found that one in Sweden? What do you think about this product?

Hello, Thomas.
    The probiotic looks good; 50 billion count and 14 strains, plus it contains the DDS-1 type, very good choice.

Able

I found one at Mercola.com that has 10 strains and 70 billion that has the DDS-1

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Probiotics: Why they’re Necessary’ is closed to new replies.