Probiotics: Why they’re Necessary

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Probiotics: Why they’re Necessary

This topic contains 71 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by  Sonic Boom 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 72 total)
  • Author

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

I looked up these proboticis but I did not see that they are delayed released capsule which means that stomach acid can destroy the probiotics before it get to the intestine. Also do these probotics have potency until consumptions? These are just question I need answers to before buying my next brand of probotics. Thanks again for responses.

brendo
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 7

Able900 wrote:

I was wondering about Maltodextrin. I read that it is a sweetener and has a fairly high GI. I have a probiotic which contains maltodextrin and inulin. Should it be avoided for the diet?

The inulin is fine of course, but the Maltodextrin can present a problem for you. It’s made by boiling down the starch from rice, corn, or potatoes. So as you see, the Candida should love it.
    How many doses do you have left?

Able

I have quite a few left so I’m going to stop it for awhile to see if my symptoms get better. I was also wondering about cellulose in supplements/vitamins. Should this be avoided as well?

Thanks Able

themarn
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 6

I am also wondering about probiotics. The little research I have done talks about the stomach acid digesting the probiotic and is therefore not any good when it gets to the intestines. Thanks for any help!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

themarn wrote: I am also wondering about probiotics. The little research I have done talks about the stomach acid digesting the probiotic and is therefore not any good when it gets to the intestines. Thanks for any help!

Please link us to the research. I’d love to read that.

Able

Munoz
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 32

Thanks Able for the explanation. I bougth one and contains Maltodextrin bah!, I guess I better stay with mega-flora.

By the way I always wonder about “dimensions” in this battle, like for example, if I take a capsule with maltodextrin that would feed candida,right? how much candida could be fed with this small amount, is that harmful? did you get my point. ( is not like if I eat slice of pizza, milkshake and hamburger) just wondering???

themarn

Able900 wrote:

I am also wondering about probiotics. The little research I have done talks about the stomach acid digesting the probiotic and is therefore not any good when it gets to the intestines. Thanks for any help!

Please link us to the research. I’d love to read that.

Able

Hi Able,

I just am confused by all the opinions out there and am getting overwhelmed. It’s just not as simple as cutting out the carbs and sugars as I initially thought. Here’s the information I have found about probiotics not being helpful; I have no idea how reputable the sources are, but either way, it has left me feeling stressed about what to do.

http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/probiotic1.php#p2

http://www.candidasupport.org/RESOURCES/comparing-candida-products/#probiotic
    # 2. The bacteria must have some sort of guaranteed delivery system that gets them through the stomach without being digested and into the colon where they are needed. Always check the labels, most do not have any delivery system at all. The 3 strains in Threelac are naturally rugged and have been specifically chosen for their resistance against being digested by stomach acid.

http://www.yeastinfectionadvisor.com/probioticsforyeast.html

Thanks for any thoughts/insights you have.

Marni

Lauren

Theman and Able,
    Renew life probiotics also has the ability to pass through stomach with out being destroyed. It is called delayed release capsules. This way the stomach acid does not destroy the probiotic before it gets to the digestive system. Renew life brand has more strands of beneficial bacteria than threelac and you can get a count up to 200 billion, which is a lot stronger than threelac. I wish I could link this information to you but it is from a tv recording and some from a book and I dont believe I am allowed to do that with out the authors permission. If you watch Brenda Watson The Road to Perfect Health form PBS she mentions this. I might ask if she has something that I can link to this website to for other people to read. Right now I am not sure if I will be switching from Renew Life even though it does not have one of the strained that would be best because at least I know for sure it is reaching the digestive tract.
    Thanks
    Lauren

Downtown
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 39

themarn,

In your first link, Why probiotics are not healthy, those links are talking about probiotics and sepsis (blood poisoning). A much more serious condition than most people here. Another talks about probiotics and short bowel syndrome, due to surgery and a very serious condition. Able can shed more light on Dr. Price’s more evidence section. He knows more about the acidity and alkalinity of the body.

The second link if you notice, has no diet and no real answers, other than taking threelac. Suprisingly enough the product they are trying to sell. That speaks for itself.

The last link has a diet that is a little iffy. The protocol that Able and Raster have laid out on this forum is much more strict than other diets. The reason being is to give a diet that 99% of people can follow and see results if done correctly and long enough. Many other diets, while good, leave more room for error in that somebody may get a reaction and set themselves back weeks or months before finding out what the trigger was.

Though there is a lot of information, try not to overwhelm yourself. Print out things you feel important and keep them handy to refer to. You’ll pick it up as you go.

Good luck,
    DT

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Another problem worth mentioning is that most probiotics do not bind super good to the intestinal wall and just get released (through the bowel) in time. One probiotic that is better than others at adhering to the intestinal walls is the one I take called HMF neuro.

I have tried about 4 different brands of probiotics and HMF neuro works the best for me. I recently tried megaflora for a month and a feel that HMF neuro is superior despite it having a lower billion count. I have tried the renew life one (50 billion) and another one not worth mentioning, and the 12.5 billion HMF neuro probiotic is more effective than the 20 billion megaflora or 50 billion renew life probiotic.

It is the only probiotic that contains HMF; human micro flora. This is harvested from other people and the body recognizes it better than other probiotics.

I would not touch threelac because it contains 3 strains and is 5 billion or less count per pill.

-raster

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Raster – when you say “effective” what do you mean? Did you see a direct change/ response when you changed over? I started on the mega flora and SF 722 about 10 days ago and I took a real turn for the better, mentally & physically. I got the 20bill by accident but my 50bill arrived today so I’ll start on that straight away.

Lauren

raster wrote:
    It is the only probiotic that contains HMF; human micro flora. This is harvested from other people and the body recognizes it better than other probiotics.
    -raster

Raster,
    That is very interesting. It does makes sense that it would be more compatible to our body. How do they harvest it? Does this brand have delayed release?
    Thank
    Lauren

Able900
    Spectator

It’s good that you have found a probiotic that worked so well for you, Raster, but for the sake of some people, they may need the DDS-1 strain plus additional strains for a complete cure. Forte HML contains only three strains of bacteria and no DDS-1 strain (according to the label on the web).

Able

Able900
    Spectator

themarn wrote: I just am confused by all the opinions out there and am getting overwhelmed. It’s just not as simple as cutting out the carbs and sugars as I initially thought. Here’s the information I have found about probiotics not being helpful; I have no idea how reputable the sources are, but either way, it has left me feeling stressed about what to do.

The first link is Bee Wilder’s website; a lot of people have problems with Bee’s knowledge and protocol. For one, she claims that lactose is merely changed into another form of sugar during fermentation, but what actually happens is, during fermentation, the lactose will form lactic acid; this is not a sugar, but rather an acid which is most beneficial to a Candida treatment. Bee also sells products (and will ask for donations), which means she’s biased as far as product choices.

As you saw, the second link is basically one long advertisement for useless ThreeLac products. I wouldn’t pay you a dime for all the information on the website.

The third link is also one long advertisement for various products such as colon cleansers and Candex which means I can’t put any faith in the information. (they’ll take VISA, MasterCard, Discover, among other payment methods).

The bottom line is, people are curing their Candida with quality probiotics.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I agree with your statements able; I feel that it is best to take a variety of probiotics while healing from the candida to get the best variety of strains. For instance, do a month of renew life, a month of HMF neuro, a month of megaflora, etc.

We could spend a lot of time debating the effectiveness of certain probiotics, I don’t think we should waste any time on arguing which one is best. The megaflora brand is good and effective, deciding which one is most effective is like shopping for a car; each car has its own pluses and minuses (or no minuses).

I haven’t seen more than 2-3 other forum members try out HMF neuro and I am eager for someone else to try it out to see if they notice a difference or not; that is the main reason I am suggesting/promoting it. It won’t be available almost anywhere, so ordering online is pretty much the only option and shipping it with refrigeration is expensive.

As far as how they harvest the HMF, this is going to to gross everyone out. But they somehow get the HMF from women’s vagina’s and put it into the probiotic. How does this work? I have no idea! And who would be willing to do this? I can’t answer this as well. It isn’t delayed release either and I don’t know if this matters or not.

What I mean by more effective is that I feel maybe 1.5 times better on the HMF neuro when compared to megaflora or renew life (taking 3 capsules per day of each one). I tried out megaflora during January and switched back to HMF and I just feel really good in general. I haven’t changed anything else in my diet or lifestyle. This is just me and it may not be the same for anyone else, I just want someone else to try it out.

-raster

themarn

Thank-you Able and DT, your responses helped clarify things for me and helped me to ‘calm down’ a bit. This is a bit of an overwhelming ‘adventure’ in trying to cure this rotten fungus.

Marni

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Probiotics: Why they’re Necessary’ is closed to new replies.