Probiotics – What to Start With?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Probiotics – What to Start With?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  orka1998 7 years ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

nikki
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 136

This is my situation.

I started with the diet 3 weeks ago, (did some minute mistakes unknowingly, but right now on the right track)

Started taking antifungals 2+ weeks ago. (Virgin Cocount Oil + Raw Garlic). I have a plan set for antifungals through out the treatment.

I ordered Molebdenum, Should get it may be early next week.

Once I get the Molebdenum, I would like to introduce Probiotics into my diet, and I need expert opinions on this,

I read about homemade keifer, but I need to travel to my home country in May for about a month. So I cant store it at that time. So, I will start keifer sometime in June.

When I am in my home country I will have home made yogurt every day for a month.

So, what is a good thing for me to start with. Should I directly start with the Capsules.

If Yes, Which one would you suggest. What about Dosage?

Can, I even directly start with Store bought Organic Greek Yogurt? If Yes, Dosage/week?

And, How should my dosage be all along the treatment.

Once I return in June, I will be depending on

Homemade Keifer,
    Store bought organic Greek/Plain Yogurt,
    and Capsules…….

Can someone suggest some plans for me……

Thank you
    Nikki

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Check out this post:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1108_Lactobacillus-acidophilus-DDS1.aspx

I am unsure if you can get this probiotic in europe or not.

I like one called HMF neuro and its the only one that contains HMF: Human micro flora.

As far as yogurt or kefir; their counts are in the millions while taking the capsules are in the billions. If you want to get better, taking billions of probiotics is what you need. Kefir has a high amount of strains of probiotic; this is one of the main reasons we recommend it.

-raster

nikki

HE Raster, Thanks for your quick reply.

I already checked out that post.

I was asking suggestions with my particular situation. I am not in Europe. I am in the US.

Can, you give out suggestions about the dosage of capsules, when , what to start with and how to take them all along the treatment. And also about the Greek Yogurt Dosage, and when can I start with it.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Thats mentioned in the protocol, but I will copy and paste:

Natural Probiotics:

Two weeks from the day you actually start the diet (depending on how your treatment has progressed at the time), you could test a natural probiotic, specifically homemade kefir or homemade yogurt – if you start one of these at that time, you should definitely use homemade products only and not a commercial type of yogurt or commercial premade kefir.

Then two weeks later, or four weeks after finishing the detox or of starting the diet, you can test commercially purchased organic non-sweetened Greek yogurt. Oikos and Fage are two excellent brands of organic Greek yogurt.

NOTE: Homemade kefir will be the most beneficial whole food supplement added throughout your treatment.

Commercial Probiotics:Three or four days after starting a homemade kefir or yogurt, you can start taking a probiotic capsule. Or, if you prefer not to eat the homemade kefir or yogurt, you can start the probiotic ten days after you’ve started the diet- but this is only providing you are taking Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate.

If you order probiotics over the Internet be sure to request that your order be shipped in an optional ice pack for protection and when you receive them, they should all be kept in a refrigerator for storage.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

Doseage of greek yogurt…I’d start with half of a bowl or so and slowly increase to a full bowl. Should be maybe a portion size of a small tiny pie as far as quantity (couldn’t come up with any other other portion comparions ideas). I personally feel that the commercial yogurt and kefir is fine…

-raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Nikki, I got your PM. Are you saying that you can’t order any of the probiotics that are named in the protocol for probiotics?
    Because if that’s what you’re saying, remember that some of us are in America, and have no idea what is available in your country.
    If I were starting a probiotic myself, I’d start with Megaflora 14-20 (below).
    Whether you start using Greek yogurt or kefir first, start very slowly. Three teaspoons of yogurt or 3 swallows of kefir only. Raise the amount by one every day.

Innate Response – Flora 20-14 (20 billion – 14 strains) Ultra Strength
    100% Whole Food Probiotic 60 Vcaps (with DDS-1)

MegaFood™ by MegaFlora
    14 Strains- 20 Billion Per Capsule (with DDS-1)

HMF Neuro Probiotics by Genestra – 2 capsules a day.
    This doesn’t contain DDS-1, but it does contain other benefits.)

Able

nikki

Able900 wrote: Nikki, I got your PM. Are you saying that you can’t order any of the probiotics that are named in the protocol for probiotics?
    Because if that’s what you’re saying, remember that some of us are in America, and have no idea what is available in your country.
    If I were starting a probiotic myself, I’d start with Megaflora 14-20 (below).
    Whether you start using Greek yogurt or kefir first, start very slowly. Three teaspoons of yogurt or 3 swallows of kefir only. Raise the amount by one every day.

Innate Response – Flora 20-14 (20 billion – 14 strains) Ultra Strength
    100% Whole Food Probiotic 60 Vcaps (with DDS-1)

MegaFood™ by MegaFlora
    14 Strains- 20 Billion Per Capsule (with DDS-1)

HMF Neuro Probiotics by Genestra – 2 capsules a day.
    This doesn’t contain DDS-1, but it does contain other benefits.)

Able

Able, Thanks for your response.

Is the one shown in the below link the right product??

http://www.mynaturalmarket.com/MegaFood-MegaFlora-90-Capsules.html#supTop

If Yes, How many Capsules do I need to take per day, and how many days should I take it before I change to a different brand.

Thank you

Able900
    Spectator

Yes that’s the right Megaflora. I assume you haven’t been taking any type of probiotic prior to this, if not, start with 1 capsule a day, early morning or late at night on an empty stomach. No antifungals taken without several hours of taking the probiotic.

Since you don’t have Molybdenum yet, you should wait until it arrives and take it for three days before starting the probiotic.
    Take this one until you’ve used the bottle, usually a month, then you could change to Innate, we’ll talk about the dosage at that time since it’ll depend on your situation.

Able

nikki

no, I havent been taking any probiotics yet. I took plain yogurt few days while starting on the diet, but stopped after noticing the sugar content.

I have plans to start with store bought plain organic greek yogurt along with the MegaFlora once I get the molebdenum.

I will be taking home made yogurt in May, along with the MegaFlora.

And then from june, I will continue with the Megaflora or any other type probiotic capsules and the greek yogurt.

does this sound alright.

Able900
    Spectator

I have plans to start with store bought plain organic greek yogurt along with the MegaFlora once I get the molybdenum.

Just don’t start them on the same day. Start one, then wait 5 to 7 days to start the other one.

I will be taking home made yogurt in May, along with the MegaFlora.

Do you intend to make kefir somewhere down the line?

And then from june, I will continue with the Megaflora or any other type probiotic capsules and the greek yogurt. does this sound alright.

Sounds fine and dandy.

Able

nikki

Able900 wrote:
    Do you intend to make kefir somewhere down the line?

Able

Yes, I have plans, but some time in June, I will be travelling to my home country in may, so I will started working with Keifer once I get back to the US.

And, I have one more question,

Can I carry the MegaFlora Capsules along with me in the Checkin Baggage in the Flight.
    Or, does it need to be refrigeration all the time.

I have a 24hr + Flight. Its almost like 30hrs + from start to end. So, the MegaFlora will be in the bag outside of refrigerator for more than 35hrs, Is that alright or do they need to be refrigerated.

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

nikki wrote:

I read about homemade keifer, but I need to travel to my home country in May for about a month. So I cant store it at that time. So, I will start keifer sometime in June.

Hi nikki,

Just so you know, kefir grains can be frozen in a little bit of milk. My mom had them frozen like that for few years. When I needed them for my treatment, she pulled them out and within few days we had kefir.

In case you don’t want to wait few months to introduce kefir, I wanted you to know that there are ways to save it.

I also have some grains frozen to save them in case something happens with the ones I am using now.

Best of luck to you!

Arijana

WilliamHolst
    Topics: 42
    Replies: 72

I ordered some kefir grains a couple weeks ago and i never opened the package and put it in the refridgerator will they still be good a couple months down the road when im ready to use them?

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

WilliamHolst wrote: I ordered some kefir grains a couple weeks ago and i never opened the package and put it in the refridgerator will they still be good a couple months down the road when im ready to use them?

Are they freeze dried? Or are they fresh? If they fresh and are in the fridge, they must have food, you must change the milk they sit in about every 4-5 days. I had them sit in the same milk for 7 days or so if I forget or get sloppy, but I would not recommend it as the first kefir after might not taste as good. If you want to save it for a month without changing the milk, then put it in a plastic container and little milk and freeze it.

Hope this helps. Let me know if not.

Arijana

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Probiotics – What to Start With?’ is closed to new replies.