Probiotics…need help please!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Probiotics…need help please!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  healinglight 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

healinglight
    Participant
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 66

Hi!

I cannot find probiotics with more that 5 strains in India, and certainly not Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS-1. The choice is really limited and the maximum potency 5 billion only.

I have an option of asking a friend making a visit from the US to India this month to get some for me (to save the shipping cost which is way too much in Indian rupees). Also, Mega flora website mentions they do not ship internationally and stabilized brands should be preferred in such cases.

Can someone please help me with what alternatives do I have for stabilized brands of probiotics, like, which brand, the potency, same 14 strains mentioned in the forum or something else too to look for if it is stabilized?

I have very limited time to let my friend know my requirement for probiotic and would greatly appreciate a response soon. Sorry, but I really need to let her know in a day or two!

I am also planning to ask her to get Kefir grains and if possible live yogurt culture for me (again, not available in India). I do not know how practical this would be. Any suggestions on this?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I am unsure how long the flight is from the US to India, but it likely is 12-15 hours I am guessing. All probiotics should survive the trip intact with minimal spoilage without ice. One thing your friend could do is bring some ziploc bags/containers and have the flight attendant fill it up with ice. This will keep them perfectly in good shape.

As far as kefir grains, I would either have them meet someone on craigslist(if they are comfortable) or find a kefir grain shipping website. As an alternative you could get a kefir starting kit, and one is called body ecology as an example. Store the kefir grains in the same exact way as above.

Renew life is one brand that is stabilized and they have different levels of probiotic (20, 50, 80 billion cfu). HMF neuro is another one that is rather stable (its the main one I use) and it should survive the trip without ice just fine. I even think megaflora would survive just fine without ice.

Hope this helps..

-raster

healinglight
    Participant

Yes, that definitely is great help. Thank you so much Raster.

Just that USA to India would be minimum 22 hours flight.

Do you think the probiotics would be okay for 22 hours or more if they bring it the way you mentioned?

Another question is that how many months supply do you think is wise for me to ask them to get? I worked out Able’s plan in the forum on paper, and it seemed it would come to to be about five months plan (with the alternating of Mega Flora with HMF neuro… and finally reaching a 50 billion count on Mega Flora).

I understand I cannot keep the time frame rigid, and the time that I move to a higher count depends on how the die off is, yet I will have to go ahead with some plan in mind for now. Any suggestions?

healinglight
    Participant

Hi Raster,

I have decided upon two brands for probiotics: HMF Neuro and Renew Life.

I have candida infestation from 14 years now, starting after a Potts’ spine treatment on steroids, and then a surgery 10 years ago which aggravated the symptoms to the extent that my life has not taken a normal course since then, forcing me to leave most of the normal activities gradually. Since, here in India, no one really knows much about candida, my condition has remain untreated (or rather wrongly treated until now). At present I am not able to go out of the house without coming back with a fever, or excessive fatigue, or headache.

Getting an idea about my present condition, what potency of probiotic do you think would be wise for me to start with? And alternating with HMF Neuro, how gradual would you suggest be the increase in Renew life product potency.

Besides, I noticed that Renew Life has a variety of probiotics. Which one do you think would be good specifically for candida treatment?

I really need help with this, since I have to work this out asap and send the requirement to my friend today who is bringing my supplements from the US.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I’d get whatever amount of probiotics you can both afford and what you think is practical in terms of getting better. I would get a 6+ month supply since you likely won’t get them again for a very long time. I would even consider getting a year long supply. This could be very spendy.

I would start out with the HMF neuro with one capsule per day for the first week. The second week I would increase to two or three capsules per day. Once the bottle is done I would then start out with the 20 billion renew life for a month (3 capsules per day). I would then rotate back to HMF neuro for a month at 3 capsules per day. Then start the 50 billion renew life at 3 times per day for a month and rotate back to HMF for a month and either continue taking 50 billion renew life or go higher to the 80 billion count product.

So 6 renew life bottles at about $35-45 each is $250ish (US dollars) and 6 HMF neuro at $35- each (rockwellnutrition.com sells it cheap with ice pack) is $210 (US dollars). There is your year long supply! But you’ll be paying for it…

Renew life is a pretty good standard to go by, their products are stable without ice and are high strain and high count. Their only negative is that they do not contain the coveted DDS-1 that able900 recommends. I haven’t tried renew life for a long time but I feel megaflora is superior…also at this point in my treatment I feel better on megaflora when I felt better on HMF neuro earlier in my treatment. Its a total toss up on how you feel on these products because you have different gut flora and needs.

So I would get the florasmart for one or two months depending on what you decide.
    I would get the ultimate flora 50 and 80 billion counts for 1-2 months each. They even have a 200 billion count product that I have never seen before…this is very high! Its up to you on whether you want to go this high in probiotics but it may be a benefit. The goal is to alternate between the two products while slowly increasing what you take. You might get bad die-off from the 200 billion count one.

HMF neuro also comes in two types: the powder or the capsules. I take the capsules but you could potentially take larger doses with the powder. I have not tried this and don’t know whether the powder is superior.

Good luck!

-raster

healinglight
    Participant

Raster, I really cannot thank you enough for this information and the amount of effort!!!

Hats off to you for taking out so much time and putting in so much effort! It really is great help!

healinglight
    Participant

Sorry Raster, but I have one more question.

The Ultimate Flora 200 billion says that it may contain “mild traces of soy protein from fermentation ingredients”, do you think this is safe on the candida diet even if taken maybe a year hence?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Probiotics…need help please!’ is closed to new replies.