Probiotics and Weight Loss

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Probiotics and Weight Loss

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Makingchanges 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Makingchanges
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 43

Hi all,

Since being on the diet and doing all of the right things and eating so much more than I used too, I can’t for the life of me work out why I am still losing weight! I eat heaps, I eat the oils and I have even started eating red meat again and also gluten free oats for breakfast. Then I had a thought…I wondered if the probiotics might have something to do with it because the Doc has me taking twice the dose that is advised on the bottle.
    So I did a search on probiotics and weight loss and low and behold there have been studies on this. I had no clue about it at all but am wondering if anyone else knows anything about this.
    I wonder if I should lower my dose to what it states on the bottle at this point because I now weight too little and have no energy stores. I can only sit around and my heart is working overtime.
    Appreciate any input. Cheers.

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

It would be helpful to know how many billions counts of probiotics you are taking.

It’s very typical to lose weight battling candida: just about everyone does. Personally, sucking down jars of coconut oil just to keep weight on, beyond what is necessary to control the infestation seems silly to me.

Removing processed foods completely will also cause weight loss. Look at how healthy people are from other countries, who live long healthy productive lives who are what our society would consider skinny.

I once asked an associate from Norway what their first thought was about Americans. Her reply was, “they’re all fat”……

Look at it this way, as you get stronger and healthier, you can then start exercising and putting on healthy weight, rather than just trying to keep your pants up, ya dig? Concentrate on getting well, rather than body image: IMHO

Makingchanges

Hi flailingWcandi,

Thanks for replying. The probiotic I take has 20 billion organisms and it’s this one…
    http://www.metagenics.com.au/products/probex-60-capsules I take 2 twice a day.

I guess i wouldn’t mind being this skinny so much if I didn’t have the shaking, the lack of energy and the faint headedness. I really can’t do anything. I am lucky my husband is home now to do things. I wasn’t an overweight american to begin with either. I was a slim Aussie, now a really skinny one. I’m 5 foot 4 inches weighing 49kgs/108pounds. I can’t imagine getting any lower in weight than this and it worries me if I have a complete lack of energy with a hard pounding heart beat every time I just get up to do something.
    My theory was that if the probiotics were making me lose too much weight too fast because of the high dose then maybe the fast weight loss was causing the heart problems.
    If I backed off to the recommended dosage then maybe my heart can regulate better??
    Body image is the least of my worries right now. My concern is my health and I am not feeling like I am getting better…I feel like I am fading away.

Well as of today I am faced with a new health challenge anyway that I have to go and see about. I found a lump in my breast. I guess with all the weight loss it has appeared quite easily.
    Wish me luck…Hoping for the best!

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

Personally, Metagenics is way over hyped and 20 billion isn’t really that much. Some here take 120 billion or more Probiotics a day with as broad a spectrum of strains as possible.

Also, it’s not just taking the probiotic but, taking it the right way. On an empty stomach with plenty of water – say at least an hour before eating and two hours after eating? I tend to spread them out throughout the day – 50 billion here, 20 billion there, 80 billion there since I take several high quality brands rather than just using one particular one at a time. It’s made a big difference particularly with GARDEN OF LIFE – RAW, Ultra probiotics. But, I use RENEW as well and another called TRINITY, which is just tree strains so it’s probably a rip off like threelac, you know?

Anyway, 20 billion probiotoics alone simply isn’t going to cure your situation: thus this forum’s protocol. Personally, I suggest going to the FULL protocol and printing it out and studying it. It’s very information dense and requires study which will help shorten your journey.

Wishing you nothing but healing graces along your journey.

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

Your weight loss is a symptom of your Candida infestation. You will notice your symptoms go all over the board throughout the course of your treatment. This is just one of them and it will eventually level out to normal.

It’s very typical to lose weight battling candida: just about everyone does. Personally, sucking down jars of coconut oil just to keep weight on, beyond what is necessary to control the infestation seems silly to me.

Welp, sucking down jars of coconut oil could be part of the problem, since coconut oil can lead to weight loss.

http://www.naturalhealthstrategies.com/coconut-oil-and-weight-loss-cows.html

(don’t stop eating coconut oil, it’s helping you tremendously)

I think you should start a more free diet, have you tried the paleolithic diet? It’s not restrictive like other diets and you might even find it amusing to begin with.

The problem is NOT your diet, I know it’s counter intuitive, but calories in calories out doesn’t work in the face of Candida.

If you switched to the Paleo diet you would be consuming far too much meat, fruit, nuts, and dairy which can lead to some “amusing” times, as they feed your Candida.

Makingchanges

Thanks everyone,

I see the opinions differ greatly across the board and by now I have come to the conclusion that diets will be different for everyone. I have also come to the realisation that the strict diet isn’t 100% healthy for ME. I know others won’t agree but at the end of the day it is how I am feeling. I have had to introduce more foods and already I am gaining my strength. I don’t know how you all do it and go about your daily activities. I really didn’t have a lot of weight to lose to begin with and so this has brought me to a whole new level of low.
    I’ll tell you one thing for sure that I know now. I decided to not take the probiotics for a few days and slowly things are coming back to normal for me. I have been able to gain some strength and was even able to wash my dog today which is a big chore. I will be taking the probiotics again but in the dose on the bottle…which is half. Its as if the probiotics were making my metabolism work overtime or making me digest my food so fast that I couldn’t get enough in and was leaving me with no energy….I’m not sure but thats how it felt.
    The strict diet by the way that I am talking about was not Able’s. It was the one from my Doc. I think it was close to it though if not the same. I just didn’t do the cleanse at the start.
    I do respect you all going by Ables diet and if it works then thats really great for you guys. I however am having a rethink about some things and am noticing that my sypmtoms that I originally had when I began this battle no longer exist when I have been introducing these other foods.
    My heart pounding problem it seems is because of low blood pressure and the low blood pressure has come from not being able to exercise for lack of energy and then the shaking has come about from lack of using my muscles. The Doc told me this. So some changes are in order.

mrs candida, I am a little confused with your post…Its seems you are talking to me but then you have posted quotes from other people. I have a question for you though…How is losing weight a symptom of the candida infestation when the symptoms of the candida have all gone and I am feeling better in that regard?
    And how does one gauge when they think their infestation is gone? I mean, it can’t be a timeline right because everyones body and symptoms are different and wouldn’t it also depend on how long you may have had the problem?

Joseph, I feel that what you said about the body getting back to a normal routine makes sense for my body. Thanks.

flailingWcandi, Thanks for the tips on the probiotics…I will definately keep this in mind in future.

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

How is losing weight a symptom of the candida infestation when the symptoms of the candida have all gone and I am feeling better in that regard?

I didn’t realize I was talking to a cured person. I assumed I was speaking to someone who’s at the beginning of their journey of eliminating Candida. If your all cured of Candida and not experiencing symptoms then I would say, weight loss is not a symptom of Candida for you. However from the sounds of your initial post you are not cured, so did I make an improper assumption?

And how does one gauge when they think their infestation is gone?

Your infestation is gone when you don’t have any more symptoms. If you consume a large amount of sugar and experience nothing from it in 24 hours time, do it again just to be sure, and then you can pronounce yourself cured.

I can only sit around and my heart is working overtime.

Are you taking CoQ10 for your heart?

I am a little confused with your post…Its seems you are talking to me but then you have posted quotes from other people.

I’m putting the conversation that I’m replying to in the quote box and adding my two cents.

Makingchanges

mrs candida,
    I don’t think I would be so bold to say that I am cured as that would be hard to say right now. I just don’t experience the itching anymore and introducing foods hasn’t brought it back either. I couldn’t understand the correlation to the weight loss if I wasn’t experiencing the symptoms is all.
    I have realised what the heart pounding was…the weight loss was too much for me and then with the lack of energy I was just sitting around too much hence lowering my blood pressure and in turn causing the heart to pound on doing any little thing.
    Thanks for the tip on the CoQ10…I do have some and will take it 🙂
    And thanks for letting me know how to test for it….I’ll take that slowly right now though. Cheers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Probiotics and Weight Loss’ is closed to new replies.