Probiotics???

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Probiotics???

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  SugarIsBad 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Dan_man
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 9

Can anyone advise a good probiotic supplement, seem to be so many out there?

Thanks,

Daniel

Katemate3
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 48

i’m going to bump this cos i’d like to know too! 🙂

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

Probiotics should have Lactobacillus Acidophilus DDS-1 in them.
    The only one I tried myself, besides kefir, is MegaFood MegaFlora.

Tdog333
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

do some research on bactillus coagulans and Saccharomyces boulardii. I like them because they are generally acid resistant. B.C is bile resistant as well and can help to get rid of unwanted things in the small intestine. Survives on shelves for a LONG time and in diverse temperatures. B.C is spore forming though, but I think that’s a plus personally.

Take bifido and lactobactilli strains as well. Good idea to eat oat bran with the lacto

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs00284-008-9335-1

Some people have reactions to oat bran, some don’t. It’s actually one of the few things I can eat without any negative setbacks. I ate 2 whole cups today without any trouble. Been eating it for 4-5 months now every day.

It’s important to realize that probiotics don’t permanently colonize the gut. Maybe for a few weeks, but not permanently. The only really permanent solution to date is a fecal transplant. But there are TONS of benefits from probiotics so don’t let that stop you.

Katemate3

Tdog333 thanks SO much for your post. I have one question- you say probiotics don’t permanently colonize the gut- if this is the case, will I have to take probiotics for the rest of my life to feel relief from lack of good bacteria in the gut?

Tdog333
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

It depends on who you ask, some people believe the good bacteria that has been killed off/reduced can return but it is a long process(probably 2+ years). Others say that some strains will never come back. Unfortunately we still don’t know every single strain of bacteria in our gut. But there is at least 6-700+ strains of bacteria in there. Just avoid antibiotics at all cost unless it is life threatening is my advice, but I’m not a DR.

Fecal transplant is a way to restore the good bacteria more permanently. But a lot of people are too grossed out to try it. I’m just waiting for some test results to come back before I try it.

Katemate3

Tdog333;52324 wrote: Just avoid antibiotics at all cost unless it is life threatening is my advice, but I’m not a DR.

Amen to that.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I recommend human derived probiotics. The only human derived probiotic on the market in the US is HMF neuro by genestra…

-raster

SugarIsBad
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 28

TheChosenOne;52315 wrote: Probiotics should have Lactobacillus Acidophilus DDS-1 in them.
    The only one I tried myself, besides kefir, is MegaFood MegaFlora.

I was about to get these probiotics:
    http://www.iherb.com/Renew-Life-Ultimate-Flora-Critical-Care-50-Billion-60-Veggie-Caps/22252
    But then I saw your comment and now I’m wondering if I should actually get MegaFood MegaFlora. Which one do you think would be better to get? The MegaFood one has more strains, so I think I will probably get yours instead.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Probiotics???’ is closed to new replies.