Probiotic Question?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Probiotic Question?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  kjones02 6 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

Able, thanks for the advice about lactoferrin yesterday. So, since I know I need to up my probiotics, and lactoferrin is good for candida and for my anemia, you said apo-lactoferrin. However, I am trying to decided which probiotic might be best. I know you said lactoacidophilus dds-1 to look for. So, I have debated on whether to get megaflora, I think it has 20 billion, or I just came across this one after just ordering some coconut oil (I haven’t take coconut oil, and I remember you said you can take that daily, the best!)

I can’t tell if it has lactoacidophilus dds-1 or not. It does look like it has 30 billion in there, 2 billion of each species. Any others can chime in as well. I remember my integrative doctor did originally prescribe a probiotic with lactoferrin, but I wasn’t sure about it, and it only has 1 billion I think.

Here is the probiotic:
    http://www.iherb.com/Symbiotics-Candida-Balance-with-Colostrum-Plus-and-Probiotics-120-Capsules/4092

davidb3069
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 23

kjones02;37395 wrote: So, I have debated on whether to get megaflora, I think it has 20 billion, or I just came across this one after just ordering some coconut oil (I haven’t take coconut oil, and I remember you said you can take that daily, the best!)

I am debating ordering some of these items and having them shipped to me here in Ecuador but I am not sure if the international travel would deliver them in good condition. It was Able I believe that mentioned having some things requested to be packed in ice.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The probiotic you linked to contains 30 billion cfu per capsule; this is a pretty good amount for a probiotic. It also contains 15 strains which is perfect. I would rotate between this and a different probiotic such as megaflora or HMF neuro. Its best to get as many strains as possible.

-raster

kjones02
    Participant

Thank you raster! I think I might try out this probiotic first because I remember you said the other probiotic I was taking was only 6. Of course, things are still worked up at times for me. I am trying hard!

One other questions, it is about digestive enzymes. I feel like I might need one for my stomach still even though I have my gastric pacemaker now, but for gastroparesis. My integrative doctor did prescribe one for me. Of course, I decided to add in some hcl acid in there now, too the past couple days. I know Able doesn’t recommend it.

I’m actually afraid to take the bitters because I saw some of the ingredients might cause me extra gas and run into a diarrhea mode due to no colon; get very sensitive to things; I actually have to watch my dosages on things (my reason for the extra gas, surgeries that led me here)!! I have read your posts, and seems your doctor trusts the integrative therapeutics line, too. That is what my doctor seems to like.

Okay, sorry for rambling, do you think pro-gest would be okay? I see you have taken it! I looked at the ingredients, but then I saw it contained papain, too. Should I be worried about the fruit extract, papain? I just want something to help me digest comfortably, but keep my small intestine calm, too; especially after lunch each day.

This is the one my doctor prescribed:
    http://www.integrativeinc.com/Products/Products-by-Health-Concern/Digestion-and-Gastrointestinal/Gastrointestinal-Lining-and-Permeability/136006-Gastric-Complex-With-Gamma-Oryzanol-and-DGL.aspx

raster
    Participant

I’d get the one you linked to or pro-gest. I’ve taken pro-gest for the last 1.5 years and it works great for me. The one you linked to should heal leaky gut better than pro-gest because it contains marshmallow and slippery elm. Additionally, it provides slight liver support with the licorice.

-raster

kjones02
    Participant

ok, one more question. I have just have been trying to absorb everything on here; even though doctor gave me a good start; I didn’t realize I was doing wrong things. Able did respond to my question about vitamins, but I was wondering if these would be good. I know I have to keep my adrenal running for starting the day, but keep calm at the same time. I don’t want to throw off a balance like Able explains. I was going to get a biotin supplement plus I read it is good for blood sugar.

http://www.jarrow.com/product/443/Adrenal_Optimizer
    http://www.thorne.com/Products/Vitamins/Multi_Bs/prd~B105.jsp

I got some money today, so that is why I am trying to change some things, so I am not wasting it.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

kjones02;37395 wrote: I can’t tell if it has lactoacidophilus dds-1 or not. It does look like it has 30 billion in there, 2 billion of each species. Any others can chime in as well. I remember my integrative doctor did originally prescribe a probiotic with lactoferrin, but I wasn’t sure about it, and it only has 1 billion I think.

Here is the probiotic:
    http://www.iherb.com/Symbiotics-Candida-Balance-with-Colostrum-Plus-and-Probiotics-120-Capsules/4092

The one you linked to, Symbiotics, doesn’t contain the strain Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS-1 or Apo-lactoferrin either one. You don’t have to purchase a probiotic that contains Apo-lacoferrin, you can purchase this separately.

The other problem with it is that it’s not a whole-food source of probiotic which would enable it to feed the benficial bacteria, instead it just contains rice starch. Don’t take it.

MegaFlora contains the DDS-1 strain, plus it’s a whole-food source.
    Truth be told, you can look at the price and see it isn’t a quality probiotic. This is one area where price does make a difference whether we
    like it or not.

Able

kjones02
    Participant

That’s want I wondered about in that probiotic, looking for the dds-1 strand and trying to determine if it was apo. I’ll start with megaflora and look for apo-lactoferrin then. Now about the adrenals?

raster
    Participant

I am unsure whether biotin would benefit the adrenals; I would look at black currant and other supplements such as drenamin.

-raster

kjones02
    Participant

Thanks for all your help everybody, just found apo-lactoferrin, only one, more expensive, but if it helps and worth it.

http://www.iherb.com/Life-Extension-Lactoferrin-Caps-60-Capsules/4030

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Probiotic Question?’ is closed to new replies.