Prescript-Assist

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Prescript-Assist

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Wiley200 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

Has anyone tried Prescript-Assist? It looks great (lots of strains, shelf-stable) but I see that it doesn’t contain any lactic acid bacteria like pretty much all other probiotics do. And its also quite expensive, so I’d like to get your thoughts before I spend all that money!

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

I used it and highly recommend it. Not only took care of yeast without using any antifungals it also got rid of my stubborn sibo in a matter of a few days. It never seemed to lose effectiveness either.

I also think it is a great alternative for those who want to use s. boulardii but do not tolerate it.

I like it because you get the benefits of something like s boulardii but you can also use things that are strictly antifungal with it.

Be sure to take it on an empty stomach.

Wiley200
    Participant

Thanks impossible! What does it mean when they say the bacteria are ‘soil-based’? I noticed that it contains none of the usual bacteria that you see in probiotic supplements. Why are these bacteria not used elsewhere??

By the way I’ve been reading that you should take probiotics on a full stomach because that raises your stomach pH and allows safer transit for the bacteria – http://www.klaire.com/images/Probiotics_Update_Summer_2011_3.pdf. Why do you say take them on an empty stomach?

candida_sucks
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 148

Wiley200;53291 wrote: Thanks impossible! What does it mean when they say the bacteria are ‘soil-based’? I noticed that it contains none of the usual bacteria that you see in probiotic supplements. Why are these bacteria not used elsewhere??

By the way I’ve been reading that you should take probiotics on a full stomach because that raises your stomach pH and allows safer transit for the bacteria – http://www.klaire.com/images/Probiotics_Update_Summer_2011_3.pdf. Why do you say take them on an empty stomach?

The link you provided doesn’t work with the period at the very end. If you strip the period, it’s fine

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

For one, thats what the company recommends. They are bacteria that eat other bugs and they do their best in those conditions. Also if you’re prone to sibo, it makes it more likely to become overgrown with the bacteria you are taking. These guys can take the acid, dont worry about that, but your stomach ph is lowest when there is food in it, especially protein, fyi.

They are literally soil based bacteria strains. Alot of manufactures use them but I like prescript assist because of the high strain count, which makes it less likely for bugs like candida to adapt. If you still have an overgrowth, you will probably experience some die off the first few days.

The japanese have studied a couple of those strains and showed that they supported lactobacillus and bifido numbers.

You’re welcome.

dragonfly
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

does anyone have the original candida protocol and food list by able900

Wiley200
    Participant

Able chose to leave the forum and put his list behind a paywall. It was pretty similar to the list on the website anyway – https://www.thecandidadiet.com/foodstoeat.htm

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Prescript-Assist’ is closed to new replies.