preping for diet questions- to able

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions preping for diet questions- to able

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

yisucks
    Participant
    Topics: 131
    Replies: 331

Hey Able,

I’m preparing for the forum strict diet now (both emotionally and financially!). Some questions:

* Where do you buy most of your foods (i.e.: organic eggs, organic chicken, organic yogurt, kimchi, aluminum free baking powder for the bread, etc)? The closest “health food grocery store” to me is a Wegman’s, but if a lot of this stuff can be bought at Whole Foods, I can do the 25 minute drive. I know I won’t find this stuff at Shop Rite (at least, I doubt it).

* Is your coconut bread allowing on the strict diet, or do I have to wait? I’m concerned about being so hungry all the time on this diet. I think that’s my #1 concern. The bread at least could help fill me up as a snack. Right now I’m doing almonds to satiate my appetite, but I know I can’t do that anymore.

* Can that special dressing I bought (Annie’s Natural Chive and Lemon) be used? I’ve read it’s the only candida-friendly dressing you can buy– no gluten, no vinegar, candida friendly ingredients, etc. It is high in fat which will help with my weight.

* Since I’m going to go straight to the Strict Diet (phase 1), I’m confused if I have to wait to do antifungals. I have SF722 I take already, and organic coconut oil, so I could start with those two, and then I was going to buy Oil of Oregano and maybe GSE and switch those two up every 2 weeks.

I think I can handle this, so long as I can get enough protein…I’ll try to just do the eggs over a salad (and hopefully my dressing? :)). Knowing I could eat that bread would also help. Once I get your answers on where to get this stuff, I think I’m ready to start.

Thanks so much!!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Where do you buy most of your foods (i.e.: organic eggs, organic chicken, organic yogurt, kimchi, aluminum free baking powder for the bread, etc)?

We have organic eggs in most of our supermarkets in the area; the same can be said for the other products you’ve named aside from organic chicken and possibly kimchi. Fortunately, during the development of the strict diet, and once I discovered why we need to eat organic as much as possible, the early summer months of 2010 had just arrived. The local farmers’ markets were beginning to open, and there were lots of products being sold by organic farmers; this included chicken and eggs. So if you have farmers’ markets in or close to your area, I would make a trip to one and check out the products. In our area most of the organic farmers had business cards, so ask for the cards if they’re available. I would always call ahead to see which farmers were going to have specific products that I needed because not all farmers were marketing all of the foods needed every week. Just ask the sellers if they carry organic products if you don’t see a sign. If you’re lucky, there may be an organic farmers’ market within driving distance of your location.

Is your coconut bread allowing on the strict diet, or do I have to wait?

According to the strict diet, Coconut flour can be tested after two weeks on the diet (this means two weeks following the cleanse or at least three weeks after beginning the diet if you chose to skip the cleanse. “Coconut flour” is of course in reference to the bread. Remember that, according to the recipe, you can also use Bob’s Red Mill oat bran which would also act as a prebiotic feeding the beneficial bacteria.

Can that special dressing I bought (Annie’s Natural Chive and Lemon) be used?

This dressing contains Xanthan Gum which is made by fermenting corn sugar with a bacteria called Xanthomonas campestris. It’s the same bacteria which creates black spots on broccoli and cauliflower. I have no idea how this would affect a Candida infestation since it’s fermented, because the question concerns how it’s fermented. Personally I wouldn’t want to try it in the beginning of the treatment. I used pure lemon juice and occasionally lemon juice combined with olive oil as a dressing for salads, although I must say both become quite boring after a while. Eventually, as my taste adjusted to “bland” foods, I begin to eat salads plain with no dressing.

* Since I’m going to go straight to the Strict Diet (phase 1), I’m confused if I have to wait to do antifungals. I have SF722 I take already, and organic coconut oil, so I could start with those two, and then I was going to buy Oil of Oregano and maybe GSE and switch those two up every 2 weeks

The reason we suggest waiting two weeks after starting the diet is the die-off toxins. The diet alone is enough to cause quite severe die-off in most people. Starting with both could be at least three times worse since the antifungals are stronger than the diet as far as killing the Candida. Since you’ve already been taking antifungals, you may not experience this if you start both. On the other hand, it’s definitely possible to create sickening die-off by doing both. I normally recommend for members to at least lower the amount of antifungals when starting the diet until you see the reactions.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Just to clarify, you don’t need to rotate SF722 and it can be used long-term as an antifungal.

-raster

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘preping for diet questions- to able’ is closed to new replies.