pregnancy adjustments to program ???

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions pregnancy adjustments to program ???

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Hope 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

kristie’s hope
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 4

Hi… I’m about 7 months pregnant and really want to kick this thing before I have baby. This is my 2nd pregnancy and after the first one my baby ended up with thrush and I had a horrible time with nursing due to pain. Overcame but horrible experience. Would like this time to be different!! PLUS horrible time just dealing with the symptoms it causes in my daily life.

I haven’t started the program yet. I will not be doing the fast and am thinking I will just do the strict diet – like none of those drinks the program mentions. If you only do the diet can you still get rid of the candida? How long do I need to stay on the diet in order to get rid of it?

I’m really miserably nervous about doing this program but too miserable at this point to not do it.

kristie’s hope

Ok so stage one: just eat foods on the foods to eat list for stage 1. Do I follow that stage for 3 weeks? Then go to stage 2 foods… but how long do I follow?

kristie’s hope

Also my pregnancy vitamins contain sugar… They are chewables because I find it difficult to swallow whole pregnancy vitamins. Will these kill my chances of killing candida???

Hope
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 187

Hi, Kristie 🙂 I’m 6 months pregnant with our 5th child, and I’ve been on the diet for 8 weeks now. Really, this is kind of my second go around. I stayed in Stage 1 for 5-6 weeks and really started feeling fantastic – a big difference! – just by following the diet very carefully and also taking garlic capsules and 2 T. of coconut oil per day. So, it can be done! 🙂 Being in your third trimester, you may need to be careful to get at least 2 servings of whole grains a day, not just protein and veggies. After my 6 week mark, I was diagnosed with an asymptomatic UTI that was too far along ignore. I had to treat it with antibiotics. You can imagine what that meant for my yeast :/ So, I went back to a strict Stage 1 diet just 2 weeks ago. If it hadn’t been for the antibiotic, I would’ve been in Stage 2, reintroducing foods at this point. How long you need to stay in Stage 1 completely depends on how severe your candida is. It’s different for every person. I would recommend staying in Stage 1 until your symptoms are gone, and then staying there for 2 more weeks before reintroducing Stage 2 foods. Just to be sure. Especially with Baby coming soon, I would think you definitely wouldn’t want to rush things and wind up with yeast issues post-partum.

On the vitamins, you’re going to need to find alternative options. I’m sorry 🙁 Sugar is not something you want to ingest in even smaller quantities, though.

Hope this is helpful! It’s nice to have another expectant mom on here 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘pregnancy adjustments to program ???’ is closed to new replies.