Prebiotics vs. Probiotics

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Prebiotics vs. Probiotics

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Javizy 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

MyTummyHurts
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 4

Hey I have a question about both.

Since the probiotics that I introduce arn’t my body’s “own” friendly bacteria, do you think they are just masking the problem and will expel from my body after a while? I’ve read that on a couple sites I can recall which one’s. Because from personal experience I was taking them for like three weeks and was getting better, but then I got sick and threw up, and had diarrhea and it seems that the process was restarted.

So do you think staying strict candida diet and using prebiotics to feed your already existing probiotics in your body would be better? I know it would take a while but it seems like this would be the best long term cure.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Since the probiotics that I introduce arn’t my body’s “own” friendly bacteria, do you think they are just masking the problem and will expel from my body after a while?

This is the reason that HMF Neuro Probiotics by Genestra are on the protocol. These are Human Micro Flora (HMF) which refers to the fact that they are human-derived strains which are capable of colonizing in the human intestines. The other two mentioned on the probiotic protocol are used for curing the infestation quicker than otherwise because they contain the DDS-1 form of probiotic which is important in the treatment against Candida albicans. The probiotic post explains the use of probiotics in the treatment.

So do you think staying strict candida diet and using prebiotics to feed your already existing probiotics in your body would be better? I know it would take a while but it seems like this would be the best long term cure

Of course you can use only prebiotics if you wish, but I’m certain that this would cause a longer duration of the treatment before reaching a cure. By taking both probiotics and prebiotics, you are bound to reach a cure much quicker. You could also start and end with only the HMF, Human Micro Flora if you prefer.

Able

Angor
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 136

Able900 wrote: This is the reason that HMF Neuro Probiotics by Genestra are on the protocol. These are Human Micro Flora (HMF) which refers to the fact that they are human-derived strains which are capable of colonizing in the human intestines. The other two mentioned on the probiotic protocol are used for curing the infestation quicker than otherwise because they contain the DDS-1 form of probiotic which is important in the treatment against Candida albicans. The probiotic post explains the use of probiotics in the treatment.

Could someone please explain what probiotics (Mega Flora, Innnate Response) are good for if the bacterias can’t colonize in the human intestines? I don’t think the probiotic post explained it all togheter. Thanks in advance.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Angor wrote: Could someone please explain what probiotics (Mega Flora, Innnate Response) are good for if the bacterias can’t colonize in the human intestines? I don’t think the probiotic post explained it all togheter. Thanks in advance.

They’re able to make life harder for pathogens in a number of ways, from outright killing them to making it harder for them to attach to the intestinal lining. Every strain acts slightly differently. They’re kind of like advanced anti-fungals that can improve bowel health, so it makes sense to utilise them. This post explains why whether or not they permanently colonise is a bit of a moot point: http://coolinginflammation.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/dr-oz-on-gut-flora-repair.html

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Prebiotics vs. Probiotics’ is closed to new replies.