Power of Kefer????

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Power of Kefer????

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

I have no idea what Kefer is or what it was until I read it here. I bought a bottle of Green Valley Organic lactose free (didn’t know that till I got home) Kefer. I shook it well. Poor about a 1/4 cup in my glass and drank it slowly…sipped it. Yuck. Sour, thick. Think I’m drinking spoiled milk. Able suggested I make my own. Don’t know how.

All day….well for the past three days I have been stressing about the burning on my tongue and back of throat. I drank this stuff and the burning went away. My mouth feels so much better. Is that what is supposed to happen. I have only had about 3 cups of greek yogurt and now this Kefer stuff…Is it healing my mouth? I’m on week 4 of the real diet…week 6 of no sugars etc…kind of. My first two weeks I was eating off diet plan from web site..I had nuts, carrots etc. So I guess I’m really on week 4.

Thanks for any insight you can give me on why I’m drinking this and why I should make my own etc.

Still madly in love with my coconut bread. I cut it in paper thin slivers and just savor it as my family eats brownies and german chocolate cake around me. I’m dreaming….I think I will add lemon to my next batch and that will be my dessert bread. Lemon coconut bread YUM

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hi, Jackie.

Basically, kefir is a natural and fermented probiotic much like yogurt, but yet very different in that it’s a much stronger probiotic than yogurt and has a much tangier taste (sour you wrote? … ok, sour it is). The probiotic was the active ingredient which healed your mouth so quickly and why I ‘preach’ on the fact that we should all be drinking it — all the time. It’s easy to make yourself if you purchase the ‘starter kits’ instead of the grains, which take a lot longer and in my opinion, quite a bit of time for a working, busy person who isn’t at home that much.

Making your own is usually cheaper as well as stronger in probiotics than the ready-to drink brands.

This is the type I use, a dependable brand, and as I said, really easy to make. The complete instructions come with the starter.
    http://bodyecology.com/kefir-starter.html

Able

Jackie2
    Participant

Able900 wrote: Hi, Jackie.

Basically, kefir is a natural and fermented probiotic much like yogurt, but yet very different in that it’s a much stronger probiotic than yogurt and has a much tangier taste (sour you wrote? … ok, sour it is). The probiotic was the active ingredient which healed your mouth so quickly and why I ‘preach’ on the fact that we should all be drinking it — all the time. It’s easy to make yourself if you purchase the ‘starter kits’ instead of the grains, which take a lot longer and in my opinion, quite a bit of time for a working, busy person who isn’t at home that much.

Making your own is usually cheaper as well as stronger in probiotics than the ready-to drink brands.

This is the type I use, a dependable brand, and as I said, really easy to make. The complete instructions come with the starter.
    http://bodyecology.com/kefir-starter.html

Able

So your telling me that little swig I took is healig my mouth. OMG. I will drink more if I can. I only drank about an 1/8 of a cup because I’m trying to introduce things slowly. Can I have more. I will swoosh it and do oil pulling with it…what ever it takes to heal myself. I don’t care how awful it taste. Can’t wait to hear back from you.

Thankfully,
    Jackie

Able900
    Spectator

Well, of course it depends on the strength of the particular kefir, but as I’ve told you good folks before, the beneficial bacteria is going to be the final cure of your infestation, and without it, the time for healing would certainly be a lot, LOT longer – if ever. The results can also depend on the amount of flora that you already have in your system when you drink the kefir.

Just don’t overdo it with the kefir, as in drinking too much in one day or at one time. It can have the same effect on the Candida as an extremely powerful antifungal and create strong die-off symptoms.
    Congratulations on your new find.

Able

Jackie2
    Participant

Thanks so much I’m so excited. I think you told me to hold off on this for a week…so I’ve been going really slow. I was thinking for sure I was going to have to go back to doctor and get more of that nystatin junk as I could feel my tongue burning etc. But I feel so soothed with just that little bit. Reading really good stuff on the Kefier web site as well. I think when I get home from school I sit at my computer and read for hours trying to figure this all out. I can’t thank you enough for your time, guidance, patience and ability to repeat yourself in such a manner that we don’t feel like your putting us down. You are blessed with a gift here and I’m so thanful that you take time out of your day and life to make such a HUGE difference in so many others lives.

Blessings,
    Jackie

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Hi jackie & able!

I have the opposite problem in that I love the taste (I’ve always loved tangy sour flavours) and I could drink it all day! I’m drinking a Polish brand that has 4g sugar per 100g but could easily finish off the 380g pot in 1 sitting! Is this too much?

Lucy

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I wouldn’t worry about it too much lucy because the beneficial effects of kefir outweigh any negative consequences of the sugar. Like able said though, I wouldn’t overdo how much you eat because it could cause die-off.

-Raster

Able900
    Spectator

Lucylu wrote: Hi jackie & able! I have the opposite problem in that I love the taste (I’ve always loved tangy sour flavours) and I could drink it all day! I’m drinking a Polish brand that has 4g sugar per 100g but could easily finish off the 380g pot in 1 sitting! Is this too much? Lucy

Hi, Lucy. I suppose if you drank something like 500g a day, since that’s about 20 grams of sugar, it just might cause a problem, but drinking about 200g shouldn’t affect the treatment.

I’m like you, I love the taste of homemade kefir, I could easily become addicted to it; strange, I don’t even drink milk, but then, they taste nothing alike.

Able

jamesb
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 43

Able – What milk do you make your kefir with?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It is best to make kefir with unpasturized milk; I found some unpasturized goat milk in Washington state (they have different health laws and can sell it in the market) and am picking it up today. I got a kefir starting kit and making some ASAP!

It may be very difficult to find unpasturized milk where you like though!

-Raster

Able900
    Spectator

jamesb wrote: Able – What milk do you make your kefir with?

Hello, James.

Raster is right about unpasteurized milk being the best choice, but it’s almost impossible to find now. I’ve used goat’s milk (pasteurized unfortunately) and coconut milk, but normally I just grab a carton of organic whole milk since it’s a lot easier to find.

Able

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Power of Kefer????’ is closed to new replies.