potential implications of a week fast?1

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions potential implications of a week fast?1

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  RedSky 1 year ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

jk
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hi,

I have had IBS for the last year or so and found alot of help on the low fodmap diet. My digestion has got better and I believe my body is healing.

I am certain I may have a candida or other yeast overgrowth. I have a fungal infection on my foot Ive had for the last 10 years and whenever I eat starchy carbs or sugar i get brain fog and the fungal infection gets alot worse.

(from what ive gathered these yeasts are growing and getting into my bloodstream which is why im getting the brain fog and anxiety)

I have been working with a herbalist which was good to begin with but i am now at a point where i cant progress anymore without knowing the real underlying issues.I am now seeking help from a nutritional therapist who can also provide me with stool and SIBO testing so that I have a firm diagnosis going forward. I cant do this guesswork anymore, its to complicated and making things difficult.

I have a week long fast booked in July with a team that overseas the process. They give you a drink x6 a day to loosen any impacted foods in the colon and also colonic hydrothereapy once a day to flush your blood out.

I want to do this to let me body have a rest from digestion, reset my approach to eating and to detox.

My question is: Will a week fasting have any negative implications on candida or any yeast overgrowth, or any bacteria overgrowth? I have read some conflicting information regarding this topic and im confused. I know that candida can feed from keytones, and if im not eating for a week its likely i will be in ketosis.

Im just not sure if i should do my stool and sibo tests before or after the fast – or possibly both? That would be very expensive at about £500 a time, but im happy to pay for the peace of mind so i have a clear plan of what I can do going forward.

Any insight into this would be great

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

A fast is a good idea, with one condition. After you finish the fast, you need to be very careful what you eat. Don’t immediately go out and get a tub of ice cream to celebrate. After the fast is the time when you have the best chance to repopulate your gut, so focus on foods like yogurt, kefir, and get lots of fiber from veggies too.

1 user thanked author for this post.

jk
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Thanks for the reply. I will do that. Have you any insight on wether or not the keytones produced via fasting will impact candida or yeast growth?

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

I doubt that the candida would adapt that quickly to metabolize ketones. Your fast will only last a week or so, I guess.

gotshot26
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 13

I read if you can last three weeks it kills off Candida entirely. Worth a try. I got to three days when the headaches got too severe. But my mum’s parter does two weeks at a time all the time and always comes out looking great.

RedSky
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 23

Have you started fasting? If so how is it going? Any improvement in your symptoms?
    If not, why did you decide against it? I’m looking at doing one if I don’t improve in the next week or so. Fed up of feeling like crap all the time.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘potential implications of a week fast?1’ is closed to new replies.