Potent Antifungal Blend

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Potent Antifungal Blend

This topic contains 22 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Vegan Catlady 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Buffalojackson91
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 5

Good evening,

My name is Jackson, I’m 22 years old living in Western Australia and I’ve been battling candida for a few months now. I was extremely strict with my diet and have been taking oregano and coconut oil, garlic and very recently black walnut and diflucan to try and further erase the candida that’s been causing a lot of intestinal pain for me. Aside from losing 10kg and a lot of gym progress, I haven’t felt any better after the diet. I’m still not having any luck at the moment, but on further research I discovered a few more antifungals. Basically, I have thrown in generous amounts of black walnut, oregano oil, cinnamon, garlic and pau d’arco into the last 50mls of some apple cider vinegar in a bottle to try and create a potent blend that I can take daily. Aside from tasting horrendous, is there anything detrimental about doing this? I’m sick of taking handfuls of pills throughout the day so I’m hoping this could be an effective way to knock candida on the head. After no carbohydrates, sugar, grain and dairy for 2 and a half months, I’ve had a few days of returning to normal food because the doctor told me I’m getting malnourished. I’m not concerned with ‘being gentle’ on my stomach in terms of small doses of antifungals, I just want to get rid of it as it’s affecting my studies, job and relationship. Sitting through 2 weeks of bad dieoff doesn’t phase me if it means eliminating this crippling condition. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, and apologies for the essay.

Buffalojackson91

I should also mention that I take plenty of probiotics and candex several times a day.

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

Until you know why this happened, taking stuff doesnt work.
    If it was just a matter of taking antifungals, there would be no forum and no reason to discuss it.

Doing probiotics before you have gotten rid of most of the candida is wasting your money,IMO.
    There is no place for good bacteria to take-over 🙁

Vegan Catlady

BTW, The Candida Diet is very nourishing. Your just having absorption issues 😉

Buffalojackson91

Thanks, I appreciate your quick reply. If my diet and taking probiotics/antifungals is pointless, how does one approach beating candida? The only cause of candida I can think of is drinking beer regularly as I work at a craft beer store. I don’t take antibiotics and I’m not big on sugary/junk food.

Vegan Catlady

Buffalojackson91;55984 wrote: Thanks, I appreciate your quick reply. If my diet and taking probiotics/antifungals is pointless, how does one approach beating candida? The only cause of candida I can think of is drinking beer regularly as I work at a craft beer store. I don’t take antibiotics and I’m not big on sugary/junk food.

First off I just want to say ITS NOT CRAFT BEER!
    I worked in a taphouse for years, and never had an overgrowth issue.
    DARE I SAY the beer yeast was helpful! gasp!

Seriously, my diet at the taphouse was cheese,meat,and crackers.
    It lowered my immunity one year and I had walking pneumonia for months before they finally put me on cipro….now *that* was my downfall.

Doing the diet isnt pointless, as it slows the growth of the yeast.

Doing antifungals isnt pointless, because it lowers the numbers of yeast.

The problem is that if you dont know why the over-growth occurred, you may inadvertently be working against your own efforts. Its so frustrating.

So many people take a proven pharmaceutical antifungal that wipes out the candida, only to have it come right back. Some people do this diet for years, only to be controlling it, but not getting rid of the overgrowth.

Sometimes its an immune-system issue. Our immune system should be kicking this out.

Have you taken any meds lately like antibiotics or steroids?
    Anything out of the ordinary in the last few years?

Buffalojackson91

Sorry to hear about your past illnesses, I had pneumonia a few years ago so can relate. I cut alcohol out with my diet, except when I did have a couple of beers a couple of weeks ago I must admit I didn’t feel great the next day. Nothing out of the ordinary, just average colds etc. I had candida last year in July, and also picked up tonsillitis at the same time but they both disappeared within a month so I’m not sure why it’s been so difficult to shake this time around. No steroids or antibiotics, I eat well and haven’t been ill since last July. I really appreciate your time, sorry if my next reply is a bit delayed it’s 1:30am here so will probably nod off in a minute.

Vegan Catlady

Buffalojackson91;55986 wrote: Sorry to hear about your past illnesses, I had pneumonia a few years ago so can relate. I cut alcohol out with my diet, except when I did have a couple of beers a couple of weeks ago I must admit I didn’t feel great the next day. Nothing out of the ordinary, just average colds etc. I had candida last year in July, and also picked up tonsillitis at the same time but they both disappeared within a month so I’m not sure why it’s been so difficult to shake this time around. No steroids or antibiotics, I eat well and haven’t been ill since last July. I really appreciate your time, sorry if my next reply is a bit delayed it’s 1:30am here so will probably nod off in a minute.

LOL go to bed and read this in the morning 🙂

Sounds to me like you have immunity issues.
    Not uncommon, and finding out why usually handles candida AND colds/flu-tonsilitis/ect

My son used to get tonsilitis 5-6 times a year. It was horrible.
    Turns out it was candida :/
    Docs never treated it.

Once we addressed his immune system, it didnt come back.

Maybe if you dig a bit deeper you will see a pattern emerge that will put you on a path to fixing this for good 🙂

For example, we could find out that you have glandular issues, a vitamin deficiency, or adrenal burn out.

Fixing any one of these could result in your own immune system handling your candida.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Buffalo,

You have the wrong idea about how to treat this illness. This simply isn’t something you can get over quickly and taking more antifungals is not going to cure your infestation. Taking antifungals without a detox plan is dangerous and I do not recommend doing it. If you continue to take antifungals without a detox plan, you could damage your liver and kidneys which will have to be healed seperately at a later time.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst8180_Doing-too-much-too-fast.aspx

In order to feel better in the short term, you should plan on detoxing via your liver or skin:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9434_Die-off-remedies-post–will-edit-more-in-time.aspx

You have the wrong mindset that antifungals will cure your infestation and you should really be looking at probiotics as the cure to your infestation. What you need to do to get better is change the composition of your beneficial gut flora in order to to defeat the yeast, and this take a lot of time with specific foods and supplements.

One other thing I would look is trying SF722 which is a different type of antifungal (fatty acid). Fatty acids slowly erode the yeast walls and cause the yeast to change forms to the non-pathogenic version of the yeast that isn’t harmful.

I would reduce antifungals and try to stick with 3 at a time plus sf722. Then slowly reduce to one at a time after a month or two of that.

But you really need to look at probiotics as an alternative.

-raster

Buffalojackson91

Raster, I haven’t relied on antifungals and I understand the importance of diet and probiotics, as I said I’ve been strictly doing the diet/taking probiotics for nearly 3 months. I understand the process can take a while but I’ve been patient and have negative results to show for it. People respond differently to various candida treatments so I’m trying to find alternative approaches before I lose any more weight. I appreciate your reply but please don’t think I picked this up yesterday and want to get rid of it tomorrow. In terms of detox I haven’t been doing much, I’ve just been taking milk thistle to help my liver.

Vegan Catlady, I should have mentioned I had my thyroid checked and it was under-performing so maybe it could be attributed to that? Something for me to look into I suppose.

Vegan Catlady

Buffalojackson91;56016 wrote: In terms of detox I haven’t been doing much, I’ve just been taking milk thistle to help my liver.

Vegan Catlady, I should have mentioned I had my thyroid checked and it was under-performing so maybe it could be attributed to that? Something for me to look into I suppose.

Underactive thyroid comes with candida infection, my research shows.

Your not asking for my advice, so take this with a grain of salt (I dont want to be annoying)

Consider doing some herbal ticntures for the kidneys/lymph. You can do teas as well or instead-of.
    The lymph is our sewage-system, and if its congested, nothing works right.

My naturopath says that adrenal-burnout can cause dysfunction in all other glands,including thyroid.

There are herbs and teas that can help you support your adrenals,kidneys,and lymph…and none of these things are expensive at all! (if they were, I couldnt do them)

Doing this for a few weeks will get your lymph moving,your kidneys filtering, and hopefully build-up your adrenals. This will kick your thyroid into gear and hopefully your body will begin clearing the candida out the way everyone else’s does.

I am taking one tincture for adrenals, and one for my endocrine glands.
    Im liking the results so far, and its only been a few weeks.

Deep detox is preferable, but even I dont have the lifestyle that will allow for that kind of commitment….ideally I would be doing lemon-water and berry fasts (extremely cleansing!) and exercising more than say,nothing lol. Damn I should be exercising.

Anyway, there are lots of great vids on candida on youtube by reputable people…but you have to wade through BS to find them. They inspired different perspectives in me, so that I dont give up.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You need to try the good stuff in my opinion on getting better. A good naturopath can likely set you up with a specific set of supplements that apply to your symptoms. But getting a good probiotic is the single most important part of this, and the one I recommend is HMF neuro.

And a good antifungal is pretty important too…and you haven’t tried SF722.

But to kick start your immune system, you really need to look at your thyroid. If you do testing for it, it likely will come up inconclusive. What you should really look at is iodine levels. I started to heal my thyroid in last 4 months or so and I feel a ton better.

You also didn’t mention your diet either. This is a very important part of it too. What are you eating regularly?

-raster

Buffalojackson91

Haha Vegan Catlady, if I didn’t want advice I wouldn’t have posted to a public forum! I’ll look into some youtube videos.

Raster, I’ve been taking Adrenal Rebuilder supplements as prescribed by my naturopath. I’ve seen two naturopaths now, but both insist I should be better within 2 weeks which has been frustrating. I trust one of the naturopaths, she killed my glandular fever a couple of years back within 2 weeks, but the other I couldn’t take too seriously (told me to take bicarb soda and sarsaparilla root every morning which would fix it in a week). My diet consists of lots of red meat, fish, eggs, vegetables (excluding potatoes and carrots), coconut, no dairy, no gluten, no sugar but recently raspberries/grapefruit. I incorporate a lot of garlic and grass fed butter into my cooking also. I’ll definitely look into SF722. Where do you get your probiotics? I’m currently taking Inner Health Plus and Candex daily. Do you guys use iherb?

Once again I appreciate your time guys, thanks.

Vegan Catlady

If it makes you feel any better, rebuilding the adrenals can take months to a year, but you *could* begin to feel relief in a few weeks. Not relief from candida, but relief in the form of stress.
    I have NEVER heard of candida cured in 2 weeks.

TheXtremisT
    Participant
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 126

Cat Lady, what kind of tinctures are you taking at the moment?
    I’m having nettle leaf tea, seems helpful for a few hours, but need to support my adrenals to boost my immune system. I’ve noticed some symptoms (lymph-related) seem to come for a month, then go for a month. All seems like my immune system’s compromised at the same time.

A theory (unlikely) is that my roomate at college recently had mono really bad (coughing all over the place), and our shared room is TINY. I’m wondering if my body’s been exposed to it and is weakened. Similar story in November with people close to me with colds (resulted in me catching one).

I’ve had testing twice for my thyroid, and both have come back fine. I have many similar symptoms to hypothyroidism, so I’m doubting how extensive they were. So it could be adrenal-related.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Potent Antifungal Blend’ is closed to new replies.