Potato starch in my probiotics

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Potato starch in my probiotics

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  smurfie 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

smurfie
    Participant
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 52

I have been using the same probitotics for a long time and what I have like about them is that they are so unsweet.
    However for some reason this brand has changed and have now put potato starch as the main ingredient.
    I was on a low carb diet and felt this was a big change for me. In a way I feel like a have more energy, but I can also feel that candida might be coming back.

Is potato starch a bad thing or could I get used to this over time? I font it so difficult to find probiotics that has nothing to make it sweet. I have also heard that carbs will make it easier for the probiotics to live as well.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The amount of potato starch in the probiotic is likely very minimal and shouldn’t be feeding the yeast very much if at all. Don’t be afraid of carbs, you need them to be healthy…this isn’t a no carb diet.

-raster

smurfie
    Participant
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 52

Yes, I know that I have been eating very low carb lately, so this is a big difference to me.
    I’ve felt in periods that it has helped me calm it down, and I have felt it fair up when I do eat more carbs, but hopefully it will stabilize a bit when I get used to it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Potato starch in my probiotics’ is closed to new replies.