Potassium?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  luckymom2one 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

kimtastically
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Hey just a quick question! I have just been eating vegetables off of the approved vegetables list for the cleanse on the website. Yesterday I added eggs because I needed some protein to get through work. My question is this morning I woke up with a cramp in my calf that lasted for a few hours and then later on my had was cramping up too, right in between my knuckles where I have had a candida rash before. I don’t think this is die off, but it might be? My first thought was I’m not getting enough potassium. Since I can’t eat banana’s I was wondering if anyone knows of any veggies on the list high in potassium or maybe what else this could be? Thanks so much (:

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

tlentz1108
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 36

Hi, it’s possible, but you should be able to get enough potassium if you are eating spinach, broccoli, squash, peppers, etc. Most vegetables have potassium in the skins. You can google or search signs of potassium, magnesium and calcium deficiency and foods high in these minerals. It may be more likely that you are having cramping due to a magnesium deficiency. You can also get magnesium in spinach and broccoli as well as some calcium. Usually, you need to take calcium and magnesium together as they work together. Are you taking calcium and magnesium? If so, what amounts are you taking?

Teresa

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

kimtastically wrote: Hey just a quick question! I have just been eating vegetables off of the approved vegetables list for the cleanse on the website. Yesterday I added eggs because I needed some protein to get through work. My question is this morning I woke up with a cramp in my calf that lasted for a few hours and then later on my had was cramping up too, right in between my knuckles where I have had a candida rash before. I don’t think this is die off, but it might be? My first thought was I’m not getting enough potassium. Since I can’t eat banana’s I was wondering if anyone knows of any veggies on the list high in potassium or maybe what else this could be? Thanks so much (:

I would suggest a good mineral supplement which contains potassium as well as other minerals. You should also have a separate calcium/magnesium supplement containing the following amounts.

Calcium: 1000 mg or 100% daily value
    Magnesium: 400 mg or 100$ daily value
    Zinc: 15-25 mg or 100-167% daily value
    These can usually be purchased together in one pill. Usually the amounts in one pill mean that you need 3 pills a day after each a meal. This may or may not contain zinc, if it doesn’t don’t worry, but these supplements often do.

Able

kimtastically
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Thanks everyone. I will look into those supplements (:

rlw
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

There are lots of sites to check potassium content of foods, but one site that gives not only a food’s potassium content but also compares it to banana’s:

http://foodhealth.info/potassiumrichfoods/ . This is quite interesting and useful.

tlentz1108
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 36

Hi kimtastically,

Just checking up to see how you are doing. Cramping get better?

Teresa

luckymom2one
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 14

I wonder if it could be eggs causing the cramping you said you introduced eggs yesterday. Food sensitivities can cause cramping too. My son recently started waking up with cramping behind his knee and I too wondered about either potassium, calcium or magnesium being needed. Since all of those can help with cramping but after taking him to his Dr. I realized that it was more likely the ice cream he had been eating lately. We cut out the dairy again and the cramping went away.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Potassium?’ is closed to new replies.