Post from McCombs !!!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Post from McCombs !!!

This topic contains 15 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

This is an interesting post by Jeff McCombs.
    I agree with him about some things and disagree with others, but it is just my opinion.

I recognize the necessity of glucose for a proper body function. I agree that the intestinal lining could never repair if the blood don’t carry enough nutrients and the level of energy required to its fast cell turn over.

On the other hand, I can not accept fruits will allow any treatment to be successful, but I can be wrong. Personally, I won’t take the risk at least in a Phase 1.
    I think you need to keep some carbohydrates from another source such as whole low glycemic index grains.

I agree the anticandida diet isn’t any healthy (when very strict) to hold it long term. At the end, you will end worse because this is a common reported experience from sufferers.

Fructose is the only kind of sugar really healthy to the intestines. Fruits are highly adviced to heal the leaky gut.

Botton line, we need the diet but at the same time a severe anticandida diet lack of many things that our body requires. It could be a healthy source of glucose that we can not provide now if we want a cure.

Do your own conclusions and chose yourself your path. Nothing is an standard when we talk about candida.

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1910075#i

Why do you think Jeff is right or wrong ?? Are you agree with him about fruits ??

Jorge.

Allira
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 40

Interesting! Alot of what he says makes sense to my mind. I definitely don’t plan to stay away from fruit long term and have never believed that no carb diets have been good for the body, not long term anyway.

dvjorge
    Participant

Allira wrote: Interesting! Alot of what he says makes sense to my mind. I definitely don’t plan to stay away from fruit long term and have never believed that no carb diets have been good for the body, not long term anyway.

Yes, Allira.

But, those are Jeff’s words. We need to see the testimonies from those who have followed the plan and are cured. Where are them ???
    Remember, he is selling a product and he even recognize he doesn’t know clear why fruits are allowed. I mean why fruit doesn’t affect or feed candida.
    Jorge.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I like the stuff he says in general and agree with many of his statements…this one really struck home to me:

BLOOD SUGAR PROTOCOL

If you get tired, irritable, sleepy, or moody when you go too long without food, you most likely have a low blood sugar issue (hypoglycemia). Hypoglycemia can affect the following: estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, and thyroid hormones; suppress the immune system; cause adrenal fatigue, sugar cravings and promote inflammation; and cause various disturbances in the nervous system such as anxiety, depression, nervousness, brain fog, etc. Many people will have both hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia/insulin resistance (tired after meals) during the day. This protocol helps with both. You’ll need to eat at least a small handful of food every 45-60 minutes (60 minutes usually works). That can be 1/3 of a celery stick or carrot, ¼ of an apple, ½ of an avocado, a rice cake, a meal, some veggies, etc., to keep your blood sugar balanced. It is very important that you follow this strictly, as almost doesn’t work. Anyone with problems handling fruit, should stick to celery, meats, avocado, etc., for snacks. Fruits will probably not work. Celery is very easy to prepare and carry with you. Plan your day around having enough of something with you at all times. As an example – Wake up at 7am -have something right when you get up; if you then eat breakfast at 8am, then snack at 9, 10, 11; lunch at 12; snack at 1, 2, 3, 4; dinner at 5; snack at 6, 7, 8, 9, 10; snack at bedtime, 11pm. Have a snack as soon as you get up, then go about getting ready for your day and making breakfast. It is important to do this for at least 4 months. Additionally, it’s important to start the day with protein and have protein at every meal.

I might have to give it a try and might have to get my girlfriend to try it as well.

-raster

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

A “low-carbohydrate diet” seems to always refer to an Atkins-style approach. Notice he mentioned ‘low fibre’ as well. Those diets are indeed stupid and unhealthy, but if you’re emphasising a variety of vegetables, as per this protocol, then you’re not missing out on any nutrients except a larger amount of carbs. In other words, you’re limiting one macronutrient.

I did notice when I was on an anti-inflammatory diet with lots of fruit my bowels were working like clockwork and I had a lot of energy. The sluggish state they’re in now certainly isn’t helping my progress. Fruit is also included in diets that have successfully treated serious bowel disorders like IBD and collitis, where it’s hard to imagine dysbiosis not playing a central role. A lot of fruits contain more fructose than glucose though, and in amounts that could rival candy bars in some cases. If I was to eat any, I’d probably stick to berries.

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

I included fruits now and feel much better.

cheers
    Thomas

dvjorge
    Participant

Thomas wrote: I included fruits now and feel much better.

cheers
    Thomas

There is another famous anticandida protocol that also allow fruits. In fact, it encourages eating fruits. The Dr. Daniel’s protocol. I have never tried it.
    Jorge.

CT
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 63

I don’t agree with Dr Mccombs that fruits are helpful for the candida diet. Apart from the candida feeding on the sugar in fruit, there is also the added problem that fructose is hard to digest even for a normal person who does not suffer from bowel problems.

Although I do eat a small portion of raspberries (low fructose fruit) on this candida diet (just for variety and to stop my mum moaning), I don’t think eliminating fruit from a diet is unhealthy either because you can still survive if you eat a good selection of vegetables to get all the nutrients you need.

Thanks for posting this even though I didn’t agree with him, his views are interesting. Especially when on his website it says that all fruits can be eaten apart from oranges, I’d quite like to know why?

Thomas

I believe one should not be religious if one is searching for his personal health.
    What works – works. I know there is a sensible concern about IBS and eating fruit and that fruits will not be digested causing trouble but then here again is Dr. David Klein who claims to have healed himself and tons to people with just that…fruits.

check him out:

http://www.colitis-crohns.com/about.html

cheers
    thomas

dvjorge
    Participant

Thomas wrote: I believe one should not be religious if one is searching for his personal health.
    What works – works. I know there is a sensible concern about IBS and eating fruit and that fruits will not be digested causing trouble but then here again is Dr. David Klein who claims to have healed himself and tons to people with just that…fruits.

check him out:

cheers
    thomas

Thomas,
    What kind of fruits have you incorporated ???
    Jorge.

dvjorge
    Participant

CT wrote: I don’t agree with Dr Mccombs that fruits are helpful for the candida diet. Apart from the candida feeding on the sugar in fruit, there is also the added problem that fructose is hard to digest even for a normal person who does not suffer from bowel problems.

Although I do eat a small portion of raspberries (low fructose fruit) on this candida diet (just for variety and to stop my mum moaning), I don’t think eliminating fruit from a diet is unhealthy either because you can still survive if you eat a good selection of vegetables to get all the nutrients you need.

Thanks for posting this even though I didn’t agree with him, his views are interesting. Especially when on his website it says that all fruits can be eaten apart from oranges, I’d quite like to know why?

I have my doubts about fruits. He says his patients heal candidiasis eating fruits.

One thing is interesting, if fructose is totally absorbed in the upper intestinal part, there will be no sugar available for candida down the road. The normal sugar in blood isn’t the problem. In the case of an intestinal overgrowth, it is the direct fermentation of food by candida. So, he may have reason when he says it. I am not experimenting with fruits but would like to know if candida really have access to the fructose of it goes to the blood before it can touch it. This is the key !!
    Jorge.

Thomas

dvjorge wrote:

I believe one should not be religious if one is searching for his personal health.

check him out:

cheers
    thomas

Thomas,
    What kind of fruits have you incorporated ???
    Jorge.

Jorge I am not so picky and try some fruit and write down how I feel before and after. I learned that one can see a reaction in his pulse going up. So I started to measure my pulse, before, after, and then 30, 60 and 90 minutes after I have eaten.
    I did this for 4 days now and figured that my lowest heart beat is att 45 and added the standard of 16 beats. So everything over 71 shows a reaction for me. Then I am trying out fruit and watch that. I started with Mango, blue berries, raspberries, black currants, banana, apple… I also make myself a almond milk and a smoothie only once a day. I didn’t notice a reaction and feel good.

But here again:

Be careful with me because I am experimenting. I check if I have only food allergies and not candida. Anyhow I believe it is important to figure out what works what doesn’t.

all the best
    yours
    thomas

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Javizy wrote: A lot of fruits contain more fructose than glucose though, and in amounts that could rival candy bars in some cases.

A theory; it could be that the fructose in a reasonable amount of fruit isn’t the problem at all. Maybe it’s the highly alkalizing nature of the fruit, meaning if enough fruit is eaten, perhaps it would attribute to a more alkaline environment which would benefit the Candida. Just a thought.

Able

Chlofloso
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 104

@CT: McCombs says you shouldn’t eat oranges because they contain quite a lot of mold in the peel. I think it might be true, since oranges always used to be the first fruit in my fruit basket to become moldy.

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

If someone were to incorporate fruit into their diet, what fruit would you recommend? Blueberries? Raspberries?

Furthermore, how do people working full-time have the time to eat every hour? And eating before bedtime surely can’t be good for your digestion…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Post from McCombs !!!’ is closed to new replies.