PMs

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  kjones02 5 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

Anna, has Private messaging been turned off for the forum?

Under “help” it said if I went to “members” and want to send a message, a window would open, but I dont see anything like that. I would like to contact Kjones02. Thank you.

anna
    Keymaster
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 184

Hi Catlady

We unfortunately had to turn PMs off when we found out that a previous member had been redirecting every new user to his own commercial site. When we upgrade the forum software we will hopefully be able to switch PMs back on, although right now I can’t say when that will be.

Best
    Anna

“In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties.” - Henri Amiel

Floggi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

Catlady, I saw in another thread that you are trying to privately contact another member.

Maybe you can do the following:
    First, create a new email address at some free service. Maybe Google, Yahoo!, or any other service you like. Then post that email address in the other thread. The other member can then reach you on that address. Once contact is established, exchange each other’s real email addresses. Then never use that first email address, so even though it is published publicly on this site, no-one will be able to spam you, and you remain fully anonymous.

If you don’t yet trust that other member enough, do the same, but create two new email addresses. Post the first one in the other thread. As soon as this member contacts you, use that email address to tell the second new address you created. Then abandon the first address to avoid spam, and use the second email address to exchange information with that other member. This way, the other person never knows your true email address, and you can still email each other as much as you like.

I hope this helps, or at least awakens some other ideas.

anna
    Keymaster
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 184

Thanks Floggi. You can also send an email direct to me, and I will forward it on to the other member.
    Anna

“In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties.” - Henri Amiel

Floggi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

Thanks, Anna! That’s of course an even better way. I didn’t dare propose this myself, because I was reluctant to place an additional burden upon you.

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

excellent and appreciated! thank you both!!!

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

Yes, thank you, so, should I send you an e-mail anna if I want to send a pm? Sorry catlady, I had to work yesterday, weekends are always busy at the hospital, and they get me stressed out! Have a great day, and hopefully I’ll talk to you later. =)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘PMs’ is closed to new replies.