Pleo's and boulardii

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Pleo's and boulardii

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  yisucks 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

yisucks
    Participant
    Topics: 131
    Replies: 331

This is mainly for raster and anyone else who sees Bernie. Bernie wanted me to go back on the pleo treatment. I mentioned my concern about it negating the effect of the Florastor I’m taking. Florastor he said works for some and not for others, so he doesn’t typically recommend it, but he said the Pleo’s he DX’ed do not counteract the Florastor (doesn’t counteract). It makes sense, actually, that it wouldn’t, because Pleo Alb, as an example, targets candida albicans…no other type of yeast. So it shouldn’t go after Florastor.

I started one of my antifungal supplements from Bernie and started getting rectal/itching burnign which I haven’t experienced in a year. I’m not sure what this means. I called and asked but haven’t heard back yet. Also, prior to taking the antifungal, I started experiencing fullness in my ears that won’t go away. No other abnormal symptoms have I experienced prior to taking the antifungals, and hope the ear fullness is unrelated to the yeast. I’ll let you guys know how it goes with florastor AND bernie’s treatments. Hopefully it will help speed up my recovery? IDK…all I know is I am SICK of this syndrome!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I say stop the floraster and then switch to the pleos but I don’t think the pleos will cause the yeast to come back, maybe just get aggravated…

But both at the same time I dunno, I didn’t want to do it personally…

-raster

yisucks
    Participant

yeah, i was worried about taking them both together. I mean, the florastor couldn’t negate the pleo’s right? I think the main concern is that the pleo’s could negate the florastor, and you essentially just wasted money. I’m thinking that’s the only downside? I do really like boulardii– inflammation and reactions are much better– so if that’s the only risk, maybe I can switch to a cheaper version of the boulardii since florastor is expensive or drop from 4 pills, to say, 2. what do you think?

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

yisucks, yes, I have been thinking a lot about boulardii, too. I was going to ask him the same question next week about doing both. Lately, I have been trying to incorporate more things at times, and some days are good/other bad! It just depends. I know Bernie wants me to focus on pleo’s, and they do work, especially for pH; however, I know that some days I really have to increase my l-glut. I just thought boulardii might help, especially with no colon. Also, certain things agree with my stomach for ggastroparesis, but not the intestines.

raster
    Participant

I just think the boulardii works well temporarily but I don’t think it’ll cure everyone, I think it’ll mostly give you a leg up on the battle when you do use it. The pleo’s are part of the same battle but are a different sword to use. You can’t use two swords at once imo…I mean how long are you planning on using boulardii? At a certain point it has got to end and you need to continue on with what you were doing before. I say complete whatever you have left and then go back to hmf neuro and pleos, and do this sooner than later. You could even megadose with what you have left too, heck take 6 capsules per day!

-raster

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

well, i was thinking of just trying 1-2 a day, possibility, i’m very sensitive to things. still going to ask bernie, what do you think in my case raster?

yisucks
    Participant

Yea maybe I’ll do that. Good suggestion!

yisucks
    Participant

answer kjones too, but last question…if i go back to pleo’s, will i also have to stop kombucha? i’ve grown to super love it, but will give it up if i must

raster
    Participant

I don’t think you’ll have to give up kombucha, it has a variety of health benefits and shouldn’t mess anything up…

-raster

yisucks
    Participant

Yaaay!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Pleo's and boulardii’ is closed to new replies.