Please read my story

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Please read my story

This topic contains 23 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  shayfo 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

turkishdelight
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 11

Hello everyone. I am now aged 55 and am getting so fed up with constantly being ill. I live in the UK where things are different to how they are in US and Canada. Since I was about 25 I had very bad sinus problems which the doctor would say was hay fever and give me anti histamines which helped a lot, though I had horrible side effects from them of feeling extremely depressed and anxious and would not take them anymore. I was then constantly put onto steroids and anti biotics and just took them. I started to get a lot of problems with feeling very heavy, worn out, lots of bad headaches. This is gradually getting worse.
    The doctor will do nothing at all about the headaches, brain fog and heaviness. He insists it is not thyroid and just says take pain killers or live with it. For the never ending sinus problems he has given me more and more anti biotics and steroids. I became so disenchanted with him not actually helping that I started to research my symptoms and found out about candida, something I had never heard of before. (I also used to take the pill for years and for many years have lived on a very unhealthy diet of mostly potatoes, pasta, cheese and bread). I am not into sugar or fruit really. I have started researching into this but feel so alone with it all. I have no family and my friends do not understand or “get it”. They seem to think that if the doctor says something he is a God and you just blindly listen to him so anything I say that contradicts him must mean I am wrong and he is right. I would love to be able to write to someone where we support each other. Someone who understands and is going through the same thing. I have not started to “treat” the candida yet as I have seen that a lot of people are very quick to tell you to buy this or that supplement without knowing the whole story. I spoke to a naturopath who knew very little about candida and said the solution was caprylic acid yet did not get it when I said you cannot eat just anyone and have to do other stuff too. I dont want to rush in (and waste money). But having someone who can support would be such a relief please. And of course I would support you too.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

turkishdelight;37274 wrote: having someone who can support would be such a relief please. And of course I would support you too.

Hello, T, welcome to the forum.

It’s important that you follow the correct diet as well as the correct treatment when you’re trying to cure a Candida infestation. As you know, there are a lot of different diets and treatments out there, some of which are very expensive. We do not try to sell you anything at all on this forum, in fact, all we want to do is support you and help you to cure your Candida overgrowth.

Please read our Forum Protocol as well as the Testimonies to the Diet and Protocol. If you decide that you’d like to try the protocol and would like to have the strict diet, please let me know.

Also, we’ll be glad to answer any questions you may have now or later, and someone is always here for support.

Able

turkishdelight

Thank you Able. Knowing you understand all this and care helps a great deal. Yes I would like to have the diet but I understand from what I have read it is not just a simple case of changing to the diet. Other stuff must be done properly too. I will read those links.
    In the meantime would you please tell me if it would help to chance the following – before I go onto the regime and treatment and diet properly. Most days I eat stir fry eggs with bamboo shoots, cabbage, tiny bit of carrot, onions.
    I try to eat as little as possible now of bread, cheese, potatoes etc and very little sugar and fruit. But I do take
    a lot of garlic, tumeric, vitamin c, multi vitamin, selenium and omega 3.

Able900
    Spectator

turkishdelight;37281 wrote: Thank you Able. Knowing you understand all this and care helps a great deal. Yes I would like to have the diet but I understand from what I have read it is not just a simple case of changing to the diet. Other stuff must be done properly too. I will read those links.
    In the meantime would you please tell me if it would help to chance the following – before I go onto the regime and treatment and diet properly. Most days I eat stir fry eggs with bamboo shoots, cabbage, tiny bit of carrot, onions.
    I try to eat as little as possible now of bread, cheese, potatoes etc and very little sugar and fruit. But I do take a lot of garlic, tumeric, vitamin c, multi vitamin, selenium and omega 3.

You’re right, you can’t cure a Candida infestation with a diet alone. That’s why there’s an entire protocol which must be followed in order to reach a cure. But you can’t cure your infestation by feeding the Candida either, no matter what supplements you take. Basically, you’re feeding the Candida on a regular basis with carrots, sugar, bread, cheese, potatoes, and fruit. You’re wasting your time with the protocol and wasting your money on supplements and antifungals as long as you continue this. I’ve been through it and so have many others on the forum, so we’ve actually experienced what I just stated.

Check your inbox on the forum for the diet link.
    Able

turkishdelight

I have been reading the diet since my last post. My main problem is sinus – headaches – ears brain fog and fatigue… though I know these are symptoms. I will be going on the diet as soon as I can. Is there any point to taking the garlic at the moment or does it also attack the good stuck inside me? I do not have the problems others seem to get with my stomach aching, bloating etc. How important would it be to add silymarin capsules (I read about milk thistle but understand silymarin is really the important ingredient just as allicin is the ingredient we need from garlic) , echinae, cats claw etc?

Makingchanges
    Replies: 43

turkishdelight,

I understand your frustration with the doctor and your family thinking the way they do. I have struggled for a long time with this too. It’s very frustrating and I end up not saying too much until I am armed with more information. My journey with getting my health right has been a long one and has taken many twists and turns along the way. So, I decided to take control myself, doing lots and lots of research and keep moving on to other health practitioners to get the right answers that made sense for me, because we all know our own bodies better than anyone.

Everyones candida story is different and I myself am still trying to work out how it all went wrong but I am one puzzle peice away from figuring it all out…then I can share it. It’s never just black or white for me, I am very analytical and need to know the why’s and how’s.
    You’re at the beginning of this journey and things will become more clearer as you go along and once you do feel better you will be able to tell your family with absolute conviction that this is what and how it is and the proof will be right in front of them. You’ll look better as well as feeling better and all will be much clearer for you.
    As for the doctor, don’t bother…they don’t know how to deal with it because all they deal with is pharmaceutical drugs to aleviate symptoms…unless you find a REALLY GOOD one or a holistic doctor like I eventually did. The up side of those are that you can get treated naturally but also have any tests required done through them. They are regular doctors who have gone on further to study natural therapies. In saying that though, I do now flit between my naturopath and holistic Dr because two heads are better than one right? Then with this forums help, things really begin to fall into place and you’ll have ahaa moments.
    You have come to the right place turkishdelight. And one thing you really need to do is check out the diet and go and get EVERYTHING you need to begin it. Look at recipes you can use and get all ingredients for things (as much as possible) so that you can feed yourself. This will help to stop you from grabbing bad things to eat when you are feeling hungry. Maybe even start experimenting with recipes before starting the diet so that you know what you will do for your meal planning. Believe me, I wish I had the opportunity to that first.
    We are all here to help so just shout out if you need help and always keep in mind the bigger picture.
    Cheers 🙂

turkishdelight

Thank you for your understanding and encouragement. At the moment it is this understanding that keeps me going. Most of the people I know assume that doctors are Gods who know everything and so if they do not tell you that you have candida and cure you of it you must be imagining things or making it up. How can I possibly know something the doctor does not know?
    This makes no sense to them. Yet I have also spoken to a naturopath who told me to get caprylic acid capsules and that this would cure me and I knew he was wrong too. Because when I mentioned to him that surely I must also cut out sugar and yeast and do other things he knew nothing of this. If I had listened to him it would have been an expensive disappointment.
    I am wading my way through a whole huge freezer full of food at the moment. Food I cannot eat when on the diet. Meat pies etc! I bought all of this before I realised I had candida.
    I am formulating my plan of diet and action whilst I wade through it and will then no longer buy such things or eat them. In the meantime I am also making sure that I eat far more vegetables than I used to and very little sugar. I know it will not cure it. I am not living in a dream world. I would love it if someone who uses this forum who would have the time
    would become my candida buddy where we can email each other and support each other. So that if I am tempted to give up or they are tempted to eat something they should not we support each other. In the same way that alcholics have a buddy that helps them to stay sober. Anyone interested?

Able900
    Spectator

turkishdelight;37301 wrote: I have been reading the diet since my last post. My main problem is sinus – headaches – ears brain fog and fatigue… though I know these are symptoms. I will be going on the diet as soon as I can. Is there any point to taking the garlic at the moment or does it also attack the good stuck inside me? I do not have the problems others seem to get with my stomach aching, bloating etc. How important would it be to add silymarin capsules (I read about milk thistle but understand silymarin is really the important ingredient just as allicin is the ingredient we need from garlic) , echinae, cats claw etc?

If you have a Candida overgrowth, adding Milk Thistle is very important to your liver because of the die-off and living Candida toxins (aldehyde and ethanol) which can cause damage.

Cats claw and Echinacea are not necessary if you’re going to follow our protocol, otherwise, take what you wish.

Able

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

Hey turkish, I think the best thing to do is clean up your diet first. If you don’t want to do all the supplements, I think there is a lot you can do with food like coconut oil and garlic, both antifungals. It is also important to support your liver function as well.

I don’t think any two people on here have the same story. But I will tell you that I think I have had a problem with yeast my whole life and just never realized it. I ended up taking a boatload of antibiotics in my 30’s and now into my 40’s for Uti’s. I never took them for anything else. I think everything came to a head when I had several bad ones in a year and had several courses of 10-day antibiotic regimens.

I asked the dermatologist what she thought of the candida diet and herbs. She told me flat-out that she didn’t understand much about it. Here in the states, they can’t say much because of legal liability. She did tell me though, if it is working, keep doing it!

turkishdelight

Hi and thanks for the reply. I have been reading up a lot about this again today and am more confused than ever. I believe that a constant bombardment of steroids and anti biotics caused something in my stomach and this led to the brain fog, fatigue and heaviness and sinus/headaches/ear problems. Some of the stuff I have been reading today suggeests it might be leaky gut which can lead to candida and suggests a special diet for that where you concentrate on whole grains, seeds, vegetables, fruit and veg juice but can have fruit.
    Others suggest the GAPS diet – which is similar to the candida diet. In fact the writer said the candida diet does not work as you would be on it forever and never be cured. Before I begin any diet I want to be sure I am doing the right thing, I cannot afford to waste a lot of time and money on the wrong one. I have also been reading about people who have candida because of their fillings in their teeth and they will never get better unless they are removed – mercury? I started to take a lot of garlic a year ago. I am not cured but I am better than I was then. My sinuses / ears and headaches were so bad then I could barely move, could not work or go out or think straight at all, I was suicidal with it. One thing I have noticed which I think is important is that a lot of people go on about how they cannot have dairy or gluten or soya as if they have allergies or intolerances. or they speak of stomach discomfort, I get none of this. With me it is all in my sinus-headaches- ears – head – plus brain fog and heaviness and tiredness. Does this mean I can eat things the others cannot?

Able900
    Spectator

turkishdelight;37489 wrote: In fact the writer said the candida diet does not work as you would be on it forever and never be cured.

I’ve already commented on this idea one time in this thread in response to you (4th post down), but here it is again. Of course you can’t cure a Candida infestation with a diet alone. That’s why there’s an entire “protocol” on the forum, and all the members on the forum are very aware of this fact.

a lot of people go on about how they cannot have dairy or gluten or soya as if they have allergies or intolerances. or they speak of stomach discomfort, I get none of this. With me it is all in my sinus-headaches- ears – head – plus brain fog and heaviness and tiredness. Does this mean I can eat things the others cannot?

If you’re talking about eating dairy, soy, and gluten, you can eat it if you want to feed your Candida. The idea of a Candida diet is not to cure the infestation and it’s not about stomach discomfort, but rather to avoid feeding the Candida while you work at destroying them with antifungals and probiotics. Feeding and killing them at the same time is like sending in a new troop every day. So what’s the point of taking the antifungals and probiotics? As I was treating and curing my own infestation, I slowly reaized that treating a Candida overgrowth has a lot to do with just plain common sense.

Able

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

One thing I have noticed which I think is important is that a lot of people go on about how they cannot have dairy or gluten or soya as if they have allergies or intolerances. or they speak of stomach discomfort, I get none of this. With me it is all in my sinus-headaches- ears – head – plus brain fog and heaviness and tiredness.

I have not had severe stomach discomfort since I was a kid; my intolerances all affected me through fatigue and brain fog more than anything else. I’ve since come to the conclusion that I have pretty severe leaky gut that was probably caused by the candida. It can manifest in myriad ways.

turkishdelight

Thank you. I would appreciate some input on this question. As I never get bloating, gas, discomfort or pain in my stomach is it ok for me to have cheese if it is lactose free or goats cheese? Is it ok to have dairy if it is goats? Is it ok to have bread if it is yeast free or toasted ( I have heard that toasting kills the yeast in bread and cheese so making it ok) I would have thought that the rules that apply to people with a dodgy stomach are different to those with an ok stomach? Is rice milk ok? Can anyone suggest a good pro biotic and is it necessary to have a prebiotic? I am also reading about the other diet GAPS which goes on about beef broth. If this is a good idea can you not buy beef broth that is ready made rather than buying bones and making it yourself – which I cannot get hold of and am too busy to do).
    Most of all there has to be a time when you can come off of the diet otherwise you are not cured you are simply feeling better because you are eating healthier.

Kag

I really think that a lot of our health problems stem from eating too many carbohydrates. We are not really evolved too eat carbs. Did you know that sugar is literally as addictive as cocaine? I think you will find if you go on a carb-free diet and continue with your antifungals and get a good probiotic, you will notice a big change. And I think that is true for a lot of people, not just people with candida overgrowth.

Kag

Oh, and with all cheeses, if you are going to continue with dairy, you need to check the sugar content. A lot of cheeses have a pretty high sugar content and you want to avoid that. Also, they often have cultures in them that are not beneficial to people with yeast.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Please read my story’ is closed to new replies.