Please help struggling with candida

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Please help struggling with candida

This topic contains 16 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  WilliamHolst 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

WilliamHolst
    Topics: 42
    Replies: 72

I have been expierincing hair loss, skin problems, my face is changing in a negative way my eyes are getting worse my whole body is deteriating. I found out from my naturepath that I do have candida. I started a diet 8 days ago and i also am taking antifungals, probiotics, and something to heal my gut all recommended by my naturepath. Ever since i started all my symptoms have been getting much worse is this normal for the first couple of weeks its almost unbearable. And when should i expect to see improvement instead of just getting worse.. thanks.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

WilliamHolst wrote: Ever since i started all my symptoms have been getting much worse is this normal for the first couple of weeks its almost unbearable. And when should i expect to see improvement instead of just getting worse.. thanks.

If you can, go to your closest health or vitamin store first thing in the morning and ask for the following supplement;
    “Molybdenum amino acid chelate” … this should be in a pill form at a dosage of 250 msg per pill. Remember, the information on the label “must” read “amino acid chelate” – otherwise you’re just wasting your money.

What you’re experiencing now is called “die-off” caused by the poisonous toxins that the dying Candida expel, and Molybdenum will help this tremendously. Quite unbelievable that your doctor didn’t warn you about this or give you something for it.

Meanwhile, read the following post and let us know which antifungals and which probiotic you are taking.
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

Let us know if you have other questions.

Able

WilliamHolst

Thank you I ordered molybdenum amino acid chelate. I am currently taking candidastat as my anti fungal, and am taking HMF forte as my probiotic supplement. I was wondering when will i start to notice some improvements does it take weeks, months? Thanks again.

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

William,
    You have landed in a very good place. Listen, read and learn from Able and Raster. Sadly they have had to blaze a trail for us all of what to do and what not to do. I’m not very good at listening always as I have had some slip ups. However, they know how to help us. I would suggest you scroll through this forum and read, read, read…..a good education is very helpful and these two really know what they are talking about. I’m sorry your so sick and I hope this new way of living brings you good health and peace. I can tell you that I’m on my third month of the diet with many slips and I still I feel so much better than I have in years. I can say at the start I was very sick and sick with a cold. It was a low time in my life…but like having a baby…after a while you forget you went through that and because the baby is so distracting you forget what that was like. Much like that….I moved through the bad stuff and kind of forgot how bad it was…until I read your post. Hang in there ….. I have faith there is light at the end of the tunnel…I get a glimps of it every once in a while then I slip up and the light goes dark…but I still have hope that I will kick this crud.

Jackie

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

WilliamHolst wrote: Thank you I ordered molybdenum amino acid chelate. I am currently taking candidastat as my anti fungal, and am taking HMF forte as my probiotic supplement. I was wondering when will i start to notice some improvements does it take weeks, months? Thanks again.

William, the Candidastat seems to be a medium-strength antifungal according to the ingredients. Also you can usually tell the strength of an antifungal by the price to be quite honest, this was my personal experience. For example, oil of oregano is one of the most powerful antifungals you can find, and a one ounce bottle of this oil costs around 30-35 American dollars on Amazon. Whereas, again on Amazon, a 120-count bottle of Candidastat containing various antifungals, minerals, and vitamins is only 19-21 dollars. Other antifungal supplements are discussed on the protocol link.

As far as when you might start to see some positive changes is concerned; speaking of your die-off symptoms, this should be within a few days after you start the Molybdenum. Hopefully you’ll feel more like you did before starting your treatment within that time – I’m stating this because you stated that you had been getting much worse since you started the treatment, and you really shouldn’t be if you’re taking a supplement to control the die-off, which apparently you are not.
    If you want to cut back on the horrible die-off symptoms, it wouldn’t hurt to leave the Candidastat out of your treatment until you have the Molybdenum. You could remain on the diet to prevent the infestation from getting worse, and you may still have some mild die-off, but hopefully not as severe as you are at this time. To learn more about the die-off symptoms and the potential dangers, read the following post.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm9759_DieOff-Symptoms-and-Cure.aspx#post9759

The probiotic is actually a good one, but I would purchase a different brand next time. In other words, rotate the probiotics you use in order to obtain different strains of beneficial bacteria.

As far as the Candida symptoms fading is concerned, this all depends on your individual case, such as how long you’ve suffered from Candida, how extensive the infestation is, and how severe the symptoms are. It also depends on any side effect symptoms, such as leaky gut syndrome which can take a while to treat.

A lot of people on the forum are willing and able to answer your questions for you, so go ahead and ask any question at any time.

Able

WilliamHolst

Thank you guys for your encouraging words. Even though im in such horrible health at the moment. I also ordered some candex would this be good to tke with my anti fungals and my probiotics?

WilliamHolst

Also I have been looking for a snack online for candida diet and I came across these cookies that say they are good for candida diet.

Ingredients
    Erythritol (natural sweetener), Cereal Fiber Psyllium Seed, Butter, Egg, Whey Protein Isolate, Cocoa Powder, Psyllium Husk, Organic Gum Acacia, Natural Vanilla flavor, Spices, Cellulose, Sodium Bicarbonate, Rebaudioside A (Stevia, as a sweetener) and Salt.

I was wondering would these be okay to buy and eat while on the candida diet. thanks

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

WilliamHolst wrote: Also I have been looking for a snack online for candida diet and I came across these cookies that say they are good for candida diet.

Ingredients
    Erythritol (natural sweetener), Cereal Fiber Psyllium Seed, Butter, Egg, Whey Protein Isolate, Cocoa Powder, Psyllium Husk, Organic Gum Acacia, Natural Vanilla flavor, Spices, Cellulose, Sodium Bicarbonate, Rebaudioside A (Stevia, as a sweetener) and Salt.

I was wondering would these be okay to buy and eat while on the candida diet. thanks

Hi mate,
    I can already see some of not allowed ingredients on the list. Dont buy that stuff and stick to the protocol here in the forum. We have a list here:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

cheers
    thomas

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Hi William!

As Thomas says, those cookies would not be recommended on this forums diet. My suggestions would be similar to Jackies – put your time & effort into reading the protocol, and all the other posts on this forums and you will become more informed about the diet, the supplements etc etc. I know you’re looking for a “quick fix” to snack on but there really isn’t anything out there in the “free from” section that is 100% ok for you to eat. For example all the gluten free pruducts have other candida feeding starches as well as sugars & yeast and lots of other hidden nasties. Have a look on the recipe boards for recipes for coconut bread & buckwheat bread which will be a huge help in terms of filling up.

I wish you well in your recovery. It’s hard to say how long you’ll feel bad because that depends on your infestation level as well as the strength of antifungals & probiotic you decide to take… but we all went through it and there is light at the end of the tunnel! I was on the diet very strictly for the last 3 months and have now been able to reintroduce a few food & drink items… and feel 100% better, fully symptom free. Others have managed that in 5 or 6 months so it is acheivable.

Lucy

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

What have you been eating on the diet william?

Feeling horrible is a good thing I guess, it means you have candida overgrowth. However the toxins effect on the body is not a good thing.

-raster

WilliamHolst

I have been eating vegetables throughout the day. broccoli, zuccini, brussel sprouts and other vegetables. I have been eating chicken or beef once a day. I have been snacking on raw cashew nuts. Not too much of a variety. And i have only been drinking water. I wanted to eat eggs but my food sensitivity test said i was allergic so i just picked up some duck eggs since my naturapath said they were okay.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would consider stopping the nuts because in time you could be allergic to these as well. The main reason is because they contain molds. The best way to avoid eating molds on nuts is to soak them in water for a few hours, then roast them in the oven.

The beef can cause too much ammonia production (gas) when compared to other meats, so I would stop this if possible. I eat chicken, lamb, turkey, and soon I want to try out buffalo!

-raster

WilliamHolst

Do you have any suggestions for a snack. I get tired of eating chicken and vegetables and nothing else. Duck eggs were disgusting i threw them away.

greebles
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 31

Do you have any suggestions for a snack. I get tired of eating chicken and vegetables and nothing else. Duck eggs were disgusting i threw them away.

hard boiled eggs
    green beans
    sliced avocados
    broccoli + cauliflower with olive oil and garlic
    KALE CHIPS (so delicious), zucchini chips
    celery and cucumber

Stage 2:
    cucumber in ACV
    water packed olives
    kiefer with coconut oil and cinnamon (and kiefer yogurt)
    coconut bread: I make one sweet with a little xylitol, cinnamon, and unsweetened coconut shreds, and another with lots of herbs, lemon, olive oil, and zucchini strips

enjoy!

WilliamHolst

Im eating meat twice a day is there anything i can substitute for meat. As i am allergic to eggs or i would eat eggs. Thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Please help struggling with candida’ is closed to new replies.