Please help me

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Please help me

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

digger
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

I have been suffering from something which I think is Candida/leaky gut.

I have had the following symptoms –

Extrememly cold feet and cold generally
    Raised veins
    foggy brain, confusion, poor memory
    itchy vagina, itchy anus, itchy eyes and ears
    nausea
    constipation
    Headaches
    Feeling toxic after eating, very achy and brain fog
    Low blood pressure after eating
    Felling better for not eating
    yellow skin
    re-current urine infections
    palpatations
    Insomnia
    night sweats
    anxiety and depression

Please could someone help me, I am at my wits end. I have had numerous tests done by the medical profession and everything has come back normal.

No infection
    Sodium and potassium, cortisol normal
    Bilirubin, liver and kidney normal
    thyroid, diabetes, arthritis normal

I am beginning to give up on myself, the medical profession can’t help me andmy nutritionist doesnt have a clue what she is talking about.

Does anyone know of a decent nutritionist in the UK? Pretty much willing to travel anywhere at the moment.

many thanks

Jemma

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Nutritionists only know what’s in their books, which is largely based on the food pyramid, and aren’t experts on physiology or biochemistry. You shouldn’t feel helpless just because these guys failed to diagnose you. By taking things into your own hands, you’re already closer than most people with chronic diseases towards finding a cure. All you need to do now is stay calm and find your path to health.

Do you have your thyroid numbers? Doctors are satisfied as long as your levels fall within the “healthy” range, no matter how low, and no matter what your body has to say about it. Candida can be taxing on the thyroid, and you have a number of symptoms of hypothyroidism. It could be resolved with simple iodine supplementation (kelp is cheap). Selenium works well with iodine, and may help with constipation too. Most people are deficient in both of these. As long as your thyroid isn’t functioning well, you have little chance of beating any chronic infection, so it’s worth checking.

Recurrent UTIs can be a sign of vitamin D deficiency, and so can some of your other symptoms. 1 in 4 people in England have a deficiency according to a recent report. If you don’t regularly eat fatty fish or get unprotected sun exposure, and even if you do in many cases, you can pretty much assume you need to supplement. Again, without good vitamin D status, fighting chronic infections is tough. If you wanted to check yourself, maybe your nutritionist could order a serum (24(OH)D) test for you (a simple blood test is useless). If you coupled it with vitamin K2, you’d probably make your dentist pretty unhappy too.

I mention these two things because they’re common issues, supplementing is easy and improving deficiencies will help almost any condition. Ruling out SIBO (often labelled as IBS) makes treating candida easier. If you don’t have IBS, low stomach acid/a history of antacid/PPI use or bloating/pain symptoms above the naval, then this is unlikely to be an issue. If it is a problem, you need to deal with it first. Constipation is often a sign of missing bacteria in your gut, and if you’ve taken antibiotics at any point, you can take that as confirmation. Bacterial imbalance can be a cause of candida, as well as many other problems.

Candida can be hard to diagnose, but you won’t do yourself any harm following the anti-candida protocol here if you suspect it’s the source of your problems, and it can easily be modified to treat other conditions if you find something later down the line. Depending on your current diet and lifestyle, simply improving nutrition, reducing stress and getting sufficient exercise could bring about massive changes in your symptoms. Health is pretty much as simple as those three factors. The trouble is that we’ve been given all the wrong information about the most important one – diet – and get prescribed a battery of anti-health pharmaceuticals instead.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

hello digger,

It sounds like most of your symptoms are candida overgrowth; the only way to know for certain is to try out our strict diet with antifungals and see if you experience “die off” symptoms. Western medicine won’t ever find the cause of your problems because western medicine caused the problem in the first place; have you ever taken antibiotics in your lifetime? This can cause a flora imbalance by itself and Dr. Mcoomb’s feels that anyone who has taken antibiotics has a flora imbalance.

I’d check out some Dr. Mcoomb’s and educate yourself more on the topic and determine whether your symptoms match what he is talking about:

http://www.candidaplan.com/new/media_center/index.php

Don’t buy his products because there are cheaper and better ones available out there in the market.

You likely have multiple problems going on like javizy stated; deficiency in vitamins, malabsorption of minerals, maybe a slight thyroid problem…a naturopathic doctor likely could heal each and every one of your ailments at the same time.

-raster

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Please help me’ is closed to new replies.