Please help. I'm eating too much meat.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Please help. I'm eating too much meat.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Kris8 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

mamagrigsby
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

I’m on day 6 of the diet. I have been very disciplined on what I have been eating, making sure I only eat what is on the list of approved foods. The problem is that I’m not losing any weight (I need to) and I feel bloated. I understand that the bloating can occur with “die off”, but I am over all of my other die off symptoms. I have been eating a lot of meat and a lot of fat (even though it’s healthy fat) and I just feel yuchy. I’m not used to so much meat and getting quite sick of it. And I think that’s why I’m not losing weight. I miss my green smoothies, but I don’t want a smoothie with no fruit. I miss lentils too. I’m getting very discouraged because I can’t think of what to eat outside of meat and veggies. I do eat quinoa and brown rice, but I feel like brown rice hinders my ability to lose weight as well. Please help!

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

mamagrigsby;29445 wrote: I’m on day 6 of the diet. I have been very disciplined on what I have been eating, making sure I only eat what is on the list of approved foods. The problem is that I’m not losing any weight (I need to) and I feel bloated. I understand that the bloating can occur with “die off”, but I am over all of my other die off symptoms. I have been eating a lot of meat and a lot of fat (even though it’s healthy fat) and I just feel yuchy. I’m not used to so much meat and getting quite sick of it. And I think that’s why I’m not losing weight. I miss my green smoothies, but I don’t want a smoothie with no fruit. I miss lentils too. I’m getting very discouraged because I can’t think of what to eat outside of meat and veggies. I do eat quinoa and brown rice, but I feel like brown rice hinders my ability to lose weight as well. Please help!

Contact Able & try his strict diet. Eggs are your main source of protein, you have very little meat or fish on his version.

I personally ate more meat than he suggested, but when I started I was eating far too much meat & backing right down really helped me.

I wouldn’t bother with quinoa or brown rice at your stage.

Kris8
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 15

6 days is not much time to be getting too discouraged, There are a lot of people on this forum in much worse conditions than you and have been going through this for months if not years or even there entire lives. This is a healing experiance… you cannot expect to just heal candida and then go back to the same way of life that created the candida in the first place and be ok. its time to give your body a rest and start checking out books on health and learning about your body. Ive been where you are and yes it is discouraging and concerning and the symptoms are scary and all you want is to get back to your life. Your body wants to be healthy so give it the time it needs.

I dont think all that meat and fat (even if you say it is healthy) is a good idea unless your body is deficient which it sounds like it is not. In the healing process you have to always think about what you are doing to your liver. LIVER LIVER LIVER!! You are processing a lot of toxins right now through your liver. Putting all that meat and fat in your body is causing your liver to do extra work and will make your symptoms worse AND harder for you to heal.

If you must eat meat I would say eat only chicken or maybe some turkey. Contrary to what others in this forum are saying I would not recommend eggs during the beginning stages of candida healing. My reasoning is that Candida is a mucus condition and eggs have the exceptional ability to create a special type of thick sticky mucus in the body which will eventually obstruct the gall bladder and SLOW liver functioning – not what you wan when you are processing lots of toxins. It is true that eggs are a valuable source of protein considering they are low on the food chain. They are fantastic for people with protein deficiencies but they are not good for people with mucus conditions! I would avoid them for the first few months of this cleanse. In fact I would ask you why you need so much meat? is it purely for calories? You should be eating meat only a few times a week in the beginning unless again you are deficient. Meat also contains toxins and uric acids and is acidic among many things – again liver liver liver… you have to process all this on top of the candida die off toxins!

As far as fats go, in the beginning you want to avoid these as well as they are hard on your liver and gallbladder. Stick to flax oil and unrefined organic olive oil but avoid nuts, seeds, animal fats, coconut oil – these you can add later when your body has healed and you have less symptoms. The key is clear the liver and gallbladder so it can process the candida toxins.

So sounds like your going to starve huh 🙂 I know i’ve been there. I am 5’5 and was 113 lbs (already under my goal weight of 120) and I lost 10 lbs during the cleanse – difficult for a previous collegiate athlete! im just now starting to reintroduce more foods. You have to do whatever it takes to heal your body-keeping mind my case was extreme and you may not have to do as much healing or as in depth as me. I have been healing mine for 5 years now. I have cured incurable diseases by doctors standards. I have detoxed and rebuilt every organ in my body. I have had so called Die-off like symptoms so severe that for the large part of those 5 years I could not leave my house or my bed. I am finally healed with the exception of Candida which is the final step in my healing as it was imperative to cleanse the liver and gallbladder first. So it is hard for me to hear about difficulties after 6 days but its not your fault I do understand the difficulties this poses to your sanity and way of life.

Here is what I am eating for my candida diet and I can be more specific if anyone wants.

– congee or grains in the morning and afternoon consisting of millet, amaranth, and or buckwheat (i posted a recipe on the forum you can find) I mix this with zucchini, lettuce, carrots, beets or any array of veggies. I then add 2 tbs of hemp protein as I am deficient and need it.
    -about an hour later I eat either a GF veggie bread I make myself or a sprouted mung bean wrap that I make as well.
    -for lunch I have soup – I make huge soups filled with veggies, mostly green, and freeze portions so I always have it if I am hungry. I eat this with bean wraps or chicken.
    -For dinner I have the same soup or a large crock-pot meal also consisting of veggies and usually chicken – again because I need the meat and my liver is clear and able to handle it.
    -before bed I have sprouted buckwheat with ground pumpkin seeds and water (it makes a milk with the seeds) I add cinnamon and spirulina as well.

i recommend you find the diet that works for you. if you are just starting the healing process my diet will be extreme and you will most definatley detox more than candida. This diet is not a recipe contest its about eating so you don’t become malnourished yet not overeating or feeding the yeast. This is a learning experience so you can expect it to frustrating. Oh and those green smoothies are probably not a good idea. You may have a damp spleen condition and in any case excess of raw foods is not recommended as they can harbor parasites, bacteria, and are weakening to the digestive system.

if there is one thing I know its how to heal without drugs using mostly oriental medicine and energy medicine, i hope I can contribute to on this site.

If you have questions please ask, I hope this helps in some way

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Please help. I'm eating too much meat.’ is closed to new replies.