Please help, do I have candida?

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Please help, do I have candida?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TheChosenOne 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Alexisrichardss
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 3

Here’s a quick run down of my journey with what I think might be candida
    1. Last November I started taking birth control, after 2 weeks I began to notice I felt really weird all the time, especially after eating. So I stopped it.
    2. During that time I was drinking socially about 5 nights a week, and I always eat pretty bad although I am not obese or anything.
    3. Wintertime rolled around, lots of antibiotics to fight colds and I began to get frequent UTIs.
    4. Blood test gets done last April and I have a low white blood cell count, but all my other levels are totally healthy.
    5. Beginning of July I get a sore throat one day and realize its thrush
    6. Two days ago I begin to notice I’m constantly bloated and on and off there’s a dull or sharp pain in my lower abdomen. It feels like I have gas but it just never passes or something

All this time I have experienced bad brain fog and fatigue. It has slowly gotten better over the past months but it’s still a pain to deal with everyday.

My doctor tells me I’m just depressed and that depression can do weird things to you. I have no reason to be depressed. Great relationship, great job, I live at the beach.. Who can be depressed there?

I’m so frustrated and can’t find any other doctor to go to. I had to go to an outpatient place for them to tell me I have thrush because my idiot doctor wouldn’t even look in my mouth. He insisted it wasn’t thrush that it was just a cold. What cold gives you a white film and huge red sores?!

I don’t want to start this horrible anti candida diet if I don’t actually have candida. Would the anti fungals a doctor could prescribe (like nystatin) really help me enough to wait around and find someone who will run a stool test and more blood work?

And, is it possible to have a mild form of candida? My symptoms aren’t as severe as I feel like everyone else’s are, because I can make it through the day even with my brain fog. But I still can’t live like this everyday for the rest of my life. I’m not myself!

oranili
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 13

Cheak in stool test / blood test / urine test if u have…

u took alot of antibiotic ? than u get the UTI problems?

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

Alexisrichardss;58692 wrote: Here’s a quick run down of my journey with what I think might be candida
    1. Last November I started taking birth control, after 2 weeks I began to notice I felt really weird all the time, especially after eating. So I stopped it.
    2. During that time I was drinking socially about 5 nights a week, and I always eat pretty bad although I am not obese or anything.
    3. Wintertime rolled around, lots of antibiotics to fight colds and I began to get frequent UTIs.
    4. Blood test gets done last April and I have a low white blood cell count, but all my other levels are totally healthy.
    5. Beginning of July I get a sore throat one day and realize its thrush
    6. Two days ago I begin to notice I’m constantly bloated and on and off there’s a dull or sharp pain in my lower abdomen. It feels like I have gas but it just never passes or something

Birth control + alcohol + antibiotics + thrush + bloating = very high chance it is candida. The problem is that there is not a conclusive test for candida. I was diagnosed by doing an IgG test (for candida). My stool test was negative. A lot of people also refer to the candida5 test, which can be done by yourself. It’s nice to have some confirmation, but don’t get your hopes too high. My advice is to slowly start on the diet (eliminating all fast sugar/alcohol to begin with).

Alexisrichardss;58692 wrote: My doctor tells me I’m just depressed and that depression can do weird things to you. I have no reason to be depressed. Great relationship, great job, I live at the beach.. Who can be depressed there?

Depression can be a side effect of candida. The problem is that the medical world sees depression and anxiety as a psychological disease, while in a lot of cases it has physical roots.

Alexisrichardss;58692 wrote: I’m so frustrated and can’t find any other doctor to go to. I had to go to an outpatient place for them to tell me I have thrush because my idiot doctor wouldn’t even look in my mouth. He insisted it wasn’t thrush that it was just a cold. What cold gives you a white film and huge red sores?!

You should try and find a hollistic doctor/naturopath. My overgrowth was diagnosed by an internist/allergist.

Alexisrichardss;58692 wrote: I don’t want to start this horrible anti candida diet if I don’t actually have candida. Would the anti fungals a doctor could prescribe (like nystatin) really help me enough to wait around and find someone who will run a stool test and more blood work?

There is no such thing as a quick fix for a candida overgrowth. That’s why I’m against the use of pharmaceutical antifungals. Candida is a chronic disease and it should be treated that way. You should try some natural antifungals like caprylic acid, extra virgin coconut oil, oregano oil and red thyme. Caprylic acid and oregano oil are good antifungals to start with.
    Antifungals will not cure candida. It will only be able to keep it at bay.

Alexisrichardss;58692 wrote: And, is it possible to have a mild form of candida? My symptoms aren’t as severe as I feel like everyone else’s are, because I can make it through the day even with my brain fog. But I still can’t live like this everyday for the rest of my life. I’m not myself!

Candida itself isn’t the problem. Almost every person has candida. Only in some individuals it becomes pathogenic. It all depends on how aggressive the candida is and that depends on person to person.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Please help, do I have candida?’ is closed to new replies.