Please help! Desperate! Vaginal Burning!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Please help! Desperate! Vaginal Burning!

This topic contains 23 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  mika_n 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

sarzp
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 6

I have bad vaginal burning but although my gynecologist has done several rounds of tests, I always show negative for everything. I’m completely at my wits’ end! I just had a stool test done and I have high h. pylori, candida and bacteria (Bacteroides sp., Clostridia sp., Prevotella sp, Streptomyces sp, Fusobacteria sp.).

Do some of the bacteria I have come from my Probiotic? If so, I was wondering if it’s possible to eat too much good bacteria in acidophillus and fermented foods and if maybe I have Cytolytic Vaginosis as a result? I’m doing the Candida diet but should I perhaps skip the probiotics?

If not, I’ve seen on some posts here about how candida albicans can penetrates deep in the tissues and causes chronic atrophic erythematous candidiasis. Is there a way to cure this?

I would really appreciate any help. I also have interstitial cystitis and hashimoto thyroiditis and my immune system is weak. Thank you!!!

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

sarzp;30795 wrote: I have bad vaginal burning but although my gynecologist has done several rounds of tests, I always show negative for everything. I’m completely at my wits’ end! I just had a stool test done and I have high h. pylori, candida and bacteria (Bacteroides sp., Clostridia sp., Prevotella sp, Streptomyces sp, Fusobacteria sp.).

Do some of the bacteria I have come from my Probiotic? If so, I was wondering if it’s possible to eat too much good bacteria in acidophillus and fermented foods and if maybe I have Cytolytic Vaginosis as a result? I’m doing the Candida diet but should I perhaps skip the probiotics?

If not, I’ve seen on some posts here about how candida albicans can penetrates deep in the tissues and causes chronic atrophic erythematous candidiasis. Is there a way to cure this?

I would really appreciate any help. I also have interstitial cystitis and hashimoto thyroiditis and my immune system is weak. Thank you!!!

You can stop the probiotics for a while to see what happens even when I think they aren’t affecting you.
    Chronic Atrophic Erythematous Candidiasis produces redness, inflammation, and burning.
    It can be cured but you need a proper treatment that most medical practitioners don’t know.

See it :

By Marjorie Crandall, Ph.D.

The typical woman with vulvar pain recently had yeast vaginitis and was treated with an antifungal for a short time. After her severe symptoms of itching and vaginal discharge resolved, she was left with vulvar redness and burning.

I propose that this residual inflammation can be due to yeasts remaining in vulvar and vaginal tissues.

During an active infection, yeasts invade underlying tissues and penetrate inside epithelial cells, where they stop growing, but continue to release yeast digestive enzymes and toxic metabolic products that cause chronic tissue irritation. I coined the phrase latent intracellular yeast infection for this condition.

The medical term for this low grade yeast infection is chronic atrophic erythematous candidiasis, in which atrophic means not feeding, not growing; and erythematous means red tissue. The textbook example is the red, burning gums of people with false teeth, called denture stomatitis. Such an inactive yeast infection can also account for the red, burning vulvas in women with vulvodynia or vulvar vestibulitis.

You are probably wondering how to diagnose this latent intracellular yeast infection. Since yeasts are in the tissues and not on the surface, vulvar and vaginal swabs will give negative results when tested by microscopy or culture. Furthermore, there are too few yeasts to show up in biopsies. Hence, the diagnosis of the red form of yeast infection is based strictly on clinical signs and symptoms, history of vaginal yeast infections, and risk factors that cause candidiasis.

The following treatments for vulvodynia are recommended in my Candida Information Packet (http://www.yeastconsulting.com/packet.html):

• long term, daily treatment with a systemic antifungal
    • hydrocortisone cream for vulvar burning
    • testing and treatment for Candida allergy
    • avoiding all risk factors for yeast infections such as antibiotics, estrogen, etc.
    • lifestyle changes to avoid contact dermatitis caused by spermicides, deodorants, etc.

Your recovery from vulvodynia after following all my recommendations will confirm your diagnosis of an inactive yeast infection

sarzp

Thanks so much for your reply. It’s confusing because the treatment for Cytolytic Vaginosis (baking soda) is the opposite treatment for yeast.

I actually just left a message for Dr. Crandall and am hoping to speak with her. My naturopath has given me a product by Apex Energetics called GI Synergy and said to take one packet three times a day. I’m hoping that it will be strong enough along with the diet. I also have a whole jar of fluconazole in case she recommends I take those also or instead.

I’m wondering if IC might have something to do with a candida allergy. Do you recommend doing the diet and antifungals for a while before addressing the allergy?

Thank you!

dvjorge
    Participant

sarzp;30805 wrote: Thanks so much for your reply. It’s confusing because the treatment for Cytolytic Vaginosis (baking soda) is the opposite treatment for yeast.

I actually just left a message for Dr. Crandall and am hoping to speak with her. My naturopath has given me a product by Apex Energetics called GI Synergy and said to take one packet three times a day. I’m hoping that it will be strong enough along with the diet. I also have a whole jar of fluconazole in case she recommends I take those also or instead.

I’m wondering if IC might have something to do with a candida allergy. Do you recommend doing the diet and antifungals for a while before addressing the allergy?

Thank you!

All have to be done at the same time. Speak with her. She can guide you to the treatment and advice your Dr if that was the case.
    She is one of the few pioneer with knowledge about mycology and CRC still providing services.

During my journey, I have read every CRC book written by Drs, still I haven’t found anything close to the level of knowledge and expertise Dr. Crandall has.

You can not be on better hands. I promise you.

Jorge.

sarzp

thank you! 🙂

sarzp

Hi Jorge,
    I talked to Dr. Crandall and she was really helpful. I saw my vulvar dermatologist today and she took a vaginal scraping (as Dr. Crandall recommended) and looked at it under a microscope. Lo and behold, after four negative regular swabs by three different gynaecologists, it showed positive for lots of yeast in my skin cells. I’m so happy because at least now I know my enemy! I’ve been given a prescription of 200 mg of Diflucan to take every day for two weeks. How much probiotics do you think I should be taking at the same time as well as doing a strict candida diet?
    Thanks for your help!

slowsmile
    Blocked
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 9

Hi sarzp…I’m afraid I wouldn’t be too overjoyed at using Diflucan or flucanozole. From the research, Diflucan is very poorly absorbed into the blood from the intestines. Diflucan may certainly help to destroy the candida in the gut, but will do very little to kill off the more virulent disseminated candida form that is already affecting your body and your tissues(also probably causing your vaginal problems).

Candida is well known to have two diamorphic forms — the yeast form(which resides mainly in the gut) and the much more virulent and dangerous fungal form which tends to disseminate throughout the blood, organs and body tissues via fungal spores.

Diflucan may well get rid of the candida for a short while — but it has been my experience when you use this medicine, that the candida will either not improve or will most likely go away only for a short while and then return with a vengeance later.

For more ideas and explanations on how to kill systemic or disseminated candida — see this link

sarzp

Really? 🙁

Everywhere else I’m reading it says the reverse, that Diflucan only effectively kills yeast in the blood, not in the gut. Why would it come back worse after taking it if I’m doing the diet and taking probiotics?

Also, why do alkalizing remedies help? I thought that Candida likes alkaline environments, hence the use of boric acid vaginal suppositories and also why it’s important to take lots of probiotics as the Lactobicillus emits hydrogen peroxide acid which inhibits candida growth.

I’ve been doing a very strict version of the diet for the last three weeks, taking one of the Critical Cure 100 billion probiotics a day, as well as compounded pills of high-quality herbal anti-fungals with each meal (Caprylic Acid, Uva Ursi, Cat’s claw, Pau D’ Arco bark, Wormwood, Black Walnut hull, Olive leaf, Garlic, Goldenseal, Oregano oil, Barberry root, Oregon Grape root, Chinese Goldthread root, Yerba Mansa root). It’s done zilch to help the situation. No die-off, no sugar cravings, and no improvement. I already take most all the vitamin supplements on the list.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

slowsmile
    Blocked
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 9

I initially used Diflucan and Nystatin when I had systemic or disseminated candida and both had no affect on my candida whatsoever.

Later, I did alot of research and found out that modern medical research even admits to its inability to diagnose early stage candida problems and their ineffectual anti-fungal treatments are indeed problematic because candida can so easily adjust to their synthetic anti-fungals in the same way that bacteria can adjust to their synthetic antibiotics. See this research,

Recurrent Candidiasis: One Step Forward, Still Backward,(2004)

Growing Concern: Inability to Diagnose Vulvovaginal Infections Correctly (2004).

Biological diagnosis of systemic candidiasis: difficulties and future prospects (2007)

So the strategy that I personally used to kill off the candida and all associated pathogens was to use broad spectrum pathogen killers — that will kill fungus, yeast, bacteria and viruses quickly — such as daily supplementing of lugol’s iodine or hydrogen peroxide. Both these chemicals will kill candida and other pathogens in seconds — so no chance for candida to be able to adjust in a similar way that bacteria can adjust to antibiotics. This strategy worked very well and I’ve been free of systemic candida(and all my other problems) for about 7 years now. I also eat a moderately anti-candida diet now — no sugar, no dairy, no vegetable oil(I use virgin coconut oil for cooking now) only a few baking products etc. I also still take the 5% lugol’s iodine once every two days or so — about 4 drops. I also take ALA, Magnesium, Zinc, Selenium, NAC, niacin, B complex, Vitamin C in higher orthomolecular dosages to up my protective antioxidant levels. Funny thing is that I’ve not been ill at all in 6 years since starting this maintenance protocol — no flu or colds or aches and pains or anything.

I’m also currently researching Nigella sativa(Black Seed, Blessed Seed, Kalonji) and Spirit of Gum Turpentine(organic distillate of pine oil) as other simpler supplementary methods for killing off candida.

dvjorge
    Participant

sarzp;31000 wrote: Really? 🙁

Everywhere else I’m reading it says the reverse, that Diflucan only effectively kills yeast in the blood, not in the gut. Why would it come back worse after taking it if I’m doing the diet and taking probiotics?

Also, why do alkalizing remedies help? I thought that Candida likes alkaline environments, hence the use of boric acid vaginal suppositories and also why it’s important to take lots of probiotics as the Lactobicillus emits hydrogen peroxide acid which inhibits candida growth.

I’ve been doing a very strict version of the diet for the last three weeks, taking one of the Critical Cure 100 billion probiotics a day, as well as compounded pills of high-quality herbal anti-fungals with each meal (Caprylic Acid, Uva Ursi, Cat’s claw, Pau D’ Arco bark, Wormwood, Black Walnut hull, Olive leaf, Garlic, Goldenseal, Oregano oil, Barberry root, Oregon Grape root, Chinese Goldthread root, Yerba Mansa root). It’s done zilch to help the situation. No die-off, no sugar cravings, and no improvement. I already take most all the vitamin supplements on the list.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

I am very happy you have a diagnosis. So, I was right. Your case is exactly what I told you in my first answer, Chronic Atrophic Erythematous Candidiasis. I am a man, but a human who also has a daughter. Do you know how many women I have helped to identify this rare condition after years of suffering and trying all without results ?? I believe, at least 30 or 40 in my years in these forums. I have joined vulvodinia forums to answer posts about it and help, only to help. Many of them have offered me money that I have never taken.

Your medical test confirmed my suspicion. Please, ignore the ignorant answer you got in the other post. That person knows about it the same thing my 6 year old daughters knows.

You need a long term systemic Rx antifungal drug to cure it. You need an immune system evaluation in case you don’t respond to it. Diflucan is the first try. There are many more things you can try if it doesn’t work. Drug combinations, (local and systemic) immune modulators, etc.
    Dr. Crandall began with her first bullet, but you can rest sure that she has many more. She is one of the very few pioneer researcher about the yeast syndrome still giving service. A real authority about mycology and candida species. I have bought and read all candida books you can find in the market, but one you read her and you have knowledge, you realize there is nothing that compare to it. She is in another league.

Anyway, Diflucan is totally the opposite the other poster told you. Diflucan GOES to the blood and has very low impact in the intestines. It is an absorbed systemic drug. It upset me how persons without knowledge respond with authoritarianism. It is the health what is involved in these forums.

Good Luck,

Jorge.

sarzp

Thanks, DVJorge. Aside from taking the antifungals, following a strict diet, taking probiotics (2 caps x 50 billion/day) and doing everything I can to boost my immune system, is there anything else you recommend such as colonics or ozone therapy?

dvjorge
    Participant

sarzp;31103 wrote: Thanks, DVJorge. Aside from taking the antifungals, following a strict diet, taking probiotics (2 caps x 50 billion/day) and doing everything I can to boost my immune system, is there anything else you recommend such as colonics or ozone therapy?

You can take Transfer Factor and Earth Dragon Peptides. It is important you learn that chronic unresponsive yeast infections are linked to immune suppression. In the case of candida, the intestinal tract is the place you need to concentrate more. Candida release MANNAN inside the intestines. This metabolite drives the immune system toward to a Th2 response suppressing Th1. In a few words, the intestinal overgrowth is responsible for the immune suppression that don’t allow you to cure your vaginal yeast infection.

One time the fungal colonies in the gut be eliminated, an immune balance return allowing the immune system to fight the yeast colonies in different parts of the body.

The secret is to achieve immune restoration.

Jorge.

Heatherhurts
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

Hi,

I also have vulvar burning and itching for years and spoke with Dr. Crandall and she believes I have yeast in my tissue. She said I needed to get vulvar scrapings done and that any gyno would do it. But every gyno I talk to says they have no idea what I’m talking about and the only thing they might do is biopsy, but have never heard of this scraping method. Dr. Crandall says I have to have scrapings not biopsy. I noticed you had scrapings done at a vulvar dermatologist, was it hard to find someone who knew about this? How did you? I can’t even find a vulvar dermatologist?

Please give me your thoughts or some info if you can, thanks.

Also would love to know if you did Dr. Crandall’s program and if it worked?

Heather

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

I have the same symptoms as yourself ,along with bladder pain and was also told i have ic .I do think ic is caused by yeast and that i will reach a cure eventually .I was givin diflucan but only 100mg for 2 wks and at the time was not doing the diet ,since then ive been doing natural antifungals .

Get breast ice packs ,they fit well in your underwear ,i used to wrap mine in a paper towel and put it in the freezer at work with my name on it .plain greek yogurt douches and coconut oil also help down there .

Heatherhurts
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

Oh yes, I am all over the coconut oil, keeping jars of the stuff, one of the more helpful things. For the yogurt douces do you just use straight yogurt or do you add water to it? What natural antifungals are you using? Are they helping?

I’ve found the coconut oil and laying with my legs open and a fan going to be the most helpful, occasionally cold sitz baths too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Please help! Desperate! Vaginal Burning!’ is closed to new replies.