pleas help Candida is killing me (9 months and I'm worse then ever!!) seriously please help

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions pleas help Candida is killing me (9 months and I'm worse then ever!!) seriously please help

This topic contains 17 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Archangel_Michael 5 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

train21
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 21

This is my first post on the fourms, I just want to say thansk for reading his, I cant give you all the details because I cant sit for very long so sorry if this is a little scattered. about 2 years ago I started to feel kind of bipolar, I would get bursts of energy where everything was great and things were fun, then later I would be depressed and did not see the point in life. As time went on, I started to develop this feeling undner my skin, like bugs crawling or something, like a gnawing or a bubbling under my skin. A little more time passes by and about a little less then a year ago I started feeling very bad when I ate food with sugar.

Now this is one of the questions I really would like someone to answer for me, becuase I have enver read of anyone ever feeling the way I do when they eat suger. I was not always like this, but like I said about a year ago, when I ate a candy bar or something like that, I would feel almost blind rage start in my body. I would get very angry and feel like I have to scream. This would happan within an hour of eating it…Most people I read say when they eat sugar, they feel it the next day, or they get a little bloated, nothing like what I have experienced. I wonder if this is a symptom of candida or something else. I do feel as though I have candida, my doctor also told me I had it. I have a rash on my body that goes away when I take diflucan so I know that must be fungal related, I’m just starting to wonder if all my symptoms are candid or not.

I mean I feel so bad I cannot even leave the house. I have been on a sctript diet for 9 months, complex carbs only. I have checked out the diet on here and I have been following the same rules. I ahve not messed up on my diet once in the 9 months I have been doing it. I take diflucan 50mg every 3-5 days for 5-6 weeks at a time (I have to go a little slower because of my liver) and take lots of probiotics and everything But yet, I am worse now then the months before. I have to exercise 3-7 times a day 30minuites each to keep the feel under my skin under control. If I do not, I will not be albe to sleep or do anything at all, not even talk, it would be to hard for me. My symptoms get worse throughout the day, I feel best in the morning, and best at night, 6pm- to 10:30pm is the worst usally. After that I can feel better somewhat. The feeling udner my skin will get worse of I take antifungals, but It does not go away if I stop them. IF I eat any food at all, the feeling comes and gets worse, even if it complex carbs. If I have a glass of almon milk (sugar free 1 carb) I will feel bad from it.

This makes no sense to me, and I wonder if this is candida or not, and I wonder if you have ever heard of anything like this? I mention one last thing, I did try a diet before this one, a juice diet…needless to say it did not work. I took lots of diflucan during this juice diet, and I understand that can make it stronger, but I have not made any mistakes for 9 months, and I dont feel any better, how is this possible?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

There is no diet which will cure a Candida overgrowth, and there is no antifungal either prescription or natural that can cure the infestation; in other words, it’s going to take more than a diet and a few antifungals to cure your infestation.

I have been on a sctript diet for 9 months, complex carbs only.

Tell us the complex carbs you’ve been eating for nine months, please.

I did try a diet before this one, a juice diet…needless to say it did not work.

I imagine the infestation only grew worse during the juice diet as you were constantly feeding the Candida. Don’t you know what fructose is?

Read the protocol that the forum uses, and if you decide you want a copy of the stricter diet to use, message me on the forum.

The Protocol

Able

Clare_
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 134

There may be a few influencing factors.

Candida may be one of them. It is worth keeping in mind that stress (and this includes psychological stress) fatgues the adrenals and can cause problems with the immune system/gut.

Your candida may have worsened due to your psychological symptoms.

I would recommend that you reflect upon anything traumatic that may have happened (perhaps 2 years ago or sooner?). Trauma can cause psychological symptoms, which may lead to physical symptoms. If you cand resolve any past traumas, that will cerainly help.
    Also, it is important to note that Bipolar is regarded a form of psychosis. Can you pop along to a psychoanalyst or similar to discuss these symptoms? If they are getting progressively worse, it is worth doing that.

Certainly, clean up your diet. GAPS may be a good one. It is kind of like the candida diet, but was developed specifically for psychological as well as physical symptoms.

Googe GAPS (gut and psychology syndrome).
    I have adopted parts of GAPS, and use it in conjunction with Able’s candida diet.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Tell us what your diet is like currently. Please tell us all of the supplements and vitamins you are taking.

-raster

train21

raster;29791 wrote: Tell us what your diet is like currently. Please tell us all of the supplements and vitamins you are taking.

-raster

Supplements and vitamins:(all hypoallergenic)
    Thorne research basic nutrients V multiple vitamin 6 per day for max dose
    Vit C 1000 mg 3x a day
    Liver Kidney Cleanse–Herbal-From Island Wellness
    Digestive Enzyme- 1 per meal
    Probiotic–1 3x per day 1/2 hr before or after a meal (I use truflora and another one local from my doctor Jason Uchida, N.D.)
    Bayberry root bark – 2 475mg. caps per day
    Liver Support by Eclectic Institute- 1 per day

Diet:
    Organic grass fed ground beef and steak
    Foster farms chicken
    lundberg brown rice
    lundberg rice cakes
    apple gate turkey sausages
    turkey bacon
    almond butter by maranantha
    brocalli
    carrots
    cauliflower
    braggs liquid aminos
    salt
    organic olive oil and coconut oil
    fresh herbs

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

train21;29792 wrote:

Tell us what your diet is like currently. Please tell us all of the supplements and vitamins you are taking.

-raster

Vit C 1000 mg 3x a day
    Probiotic–1 3x per day 1/2 hr before or after a meal (I use truflora and another one local from my doctor Jason Uchida, N.D.)

Diet:
    Foster farms chicken
    lundberg brown rice
    lundberg rice cakes
    turkey bacon
    brocalli
    carrots
    cauliflower
    braggs liquid aminos
    salt
    fresh herbs

That diet has to be corrected in order to get results. Also, stop taking Diflucan. You don’t need it now, and you aren’t taking it correctly.
    You may take SF-722, Curcumin, and high doses of Vitamin C with a corrected diet.

Abstract

Objectives The antifungal activity of curcumin was evaluated against 23 fungi strains and its in vitro inhibitory effect on the adhesion of Candida species to human buccal epithelial cells (BEC) was also investigated.

Methods The antifungal susceptibility was evaluated by broth microdilution assay following the CLSI (formerly the NCCLS) guidelines. The inhibitory effect of curcumin on the cell adhesion was performed with Candida species and BEC.

Results Paracoccidioides brasiliensis isolates were the most susceptible to curcumin while the growth of Aspergillus isolates was not affected. Curcumin was much more efficient than fluconazole in inhibiting the adhesion of Candida species

Abstract
    The objective of this study was to evaluate the antifungal and antioxidant activities of curcumin, ascorbic acid and the mixture of these two compounds. For the antifungal assay, the minimum inhibitory concentrations (MIC) were determined using Candida strains (ATCC and clinical isolates). Curcumin alone inhibited growth of Candida albicans yeast cells, whereas ascorbic acid did not present effects. However, when the mixture of ascorbic acid and curcumin was assayed to determine the association of the two compounds, the curcumin MIC decreased 5- to 10-fold. In the antioxidant assays, the sum of the alone activities of curcumin and ascorbic acid were lower than the activity of the two-compound mixture. This study highlights the importance of the association between two common antioxidants in foods, to improve the antifungal and antioxidant activities of curcumin (in vitro), and can be applied to Candida spp. infection and diseases associated with oxidative stress.

Jorge.

train21

dvjorge;29813 wrote:

-raster

Vit C 1000 mg 3x a day

Diet:
    Foster farms chicken
    lundberg brown rice
    lundberg rice cakes
    turkey bacon
    brocalli
    carrots
    cauliflower
    braggs liquid aminos
    salt
    fresh herbs

That diet has to be corrected in order to get results.

whats wrong with the diet?

cjtboy
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 26

the diet you’re following has a few issues, based on the strict forum diet:

beef should be minimized if not cut out for while
    no rice – not even brown or wild
    no rice cakes
    no prepared foods/meats like sausages
    no turkey bacon
    no almond butter (or other nuts/nut butter for a while)
    no carrots
    no braggs liquid aminos (soy is main ingredient)

as you can see, many of the things you listed are not advised on the strict forum diet.

email Able on the forum for the strict diet many of us follow.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

train21;29820 wrote: whats wrong with the diet?

From your diet, I can see you’re probably eating far too much animal protein which is very likely causing unseen problems with your infestation. If just one of the items you listed were on your diet, it wouldn’t be such a big deal, but add them all together and it’s a recipe for failure with the treatment.

Organic grass fed ground beef and steak—Red meat creates much more ammonia than does chicken or fish which benefits the Candida.

Foster farms chicken—-The information I found read “organic” so I’m hoping that’s what you have.

lundberg brown rice – Food for Candida.

lundberg rice cakes – Same as above.

apple gate turkey sausages—Contains evaporated cane syrup according to the label; everyone has to decide for themselves in these cases, but I certainly wouldn’t eat this if I were still fighting a Candida infestation.

turkey bacon—I don’t know what brand you’re using, but the following brands contain sugar: Butterball, Oscar Meyer, Jennie-O Turkey Bacon.

Be sure to read all of the ingredients when you purchase processed foods. Don’t just look at the ingredient ‘box’ where the percentages of fat is shown, etc. but look below that at the small print that generally reads “Other Ingredients” … this is where you usually find something like hydrated cane sugar, brown sugar, or just plain ‘sugar.’

Almond butter by Maranantha—-Eating nut butters is an individual decision, just watch for reactions.

Carrots— A starch that turns into sugar once it’s broken down in your body.
    braggs liquid aminos: Ctboy is correct about Bragg’s aminos and soy beans; so instead of using Bragg’s, you could use coconut liquid aminos. http://coconutsecret.com/aminos2.html

Able

raster
    Participant

I side with able on his analysis. I posted on this as well but I accidently deleted it.

Basically the beef and meats you are eating are the biggest problem. They should contain no sugar and beef takes 1-3 days to digest while chicken and fish only take about 4 hours. Eating beef will cause it to ferment in the gut and fermentation is where candida thrives.

Rice should be eaten stage 3 and basically when you are going off of the diet. A great alternative is buckwheat which is a prebiotic and contains only 25% starch. It also has similar texture and taste. Rice also ferments in the gut from my experience.

Almond butter should only be eaten fresh and the processed stuff in the container is weeks or months old. This is basically a stage 2/3 item but may not be beneficial to healing. I look at the fresh stuff as neutral; not good or bad, but you should only be eating beneficial foods on the diet.

Carrots are high in sugar and starch.

Soy should not be eaten on the diet.

-raster

train21

THANKS! I have been reading everything you guys have been saying and it all makes sense to me so I will be changing my diet. I have already stopped all almond butter, rice cakes, rice, carrots, red meet. I still have some chicken and sausages, but will work on changing this soon as well.

I have some questions though, one of which is that I read on the strict diet, chicken should only be eaten once a week, it also seems like a diet that is easy to lose weight on (duh), which is bad for me because I weigh 135 with shoes on and I’m like 6 ft tall…I have to exercise like 3 times a day 30min each EVERYDAY (for the anxiety and crawling feeling) ,and thats if things are good, if there bad I sometimes I have to do this 5-7 times a day. I lose alot of weight because of this, I need to keep it up, and I’m always hungry. Can I eat more chicken because of this, or is there something else I can eat that will fill me up and is easy to make?

Able mentioned something about eating beans somewhere, this could help solve my problem but this sounds strange to me, I don’t know if I can eat that.

Also, I have a few questions about anti-fungal’s. someone recommended me Curcumin, this is not on the anti fungal list in the protocol, how come? is there a disagreement to how well this works or not? if its ok, does anyone have any instructions on how many to take?

also, how many anti fungals should I take together, like should I take SF722 and Curcumin together? is that to much? should I just take one or the other. Should I take both of these and also use other stuff? I’m so confused, anyway thankyou for all your help.

raster
    Participant

I would try out eating buckwheat and making the forum breads to fill you up with meals. I would increase the amount of chicken you eat after a few weeks of reducing meat intake to 1-4 times per week (able recommends 2x tops). I think you need more protein but I myself might try a reduced intake of meat soon.

Curcumin is something that I don’t know much about but maybe able knows more about it. You are welcome to try it out. 2-3 antifungals at a time is plenty. If it is a liquid I would start out slow with just a few drops per day and slowly work you way up over time to a large dose.

One thing we also don’t recommend is strenuous exercise; if you can change to a form of activity that isn’t taxing the body too much, you likely will notice a benefit (such as walking, swimming, yoga, etc). You need to rest as much as possible to heal and exercise drains the adrenals which you need for your immune system.

For anxiety I would try out the herb ashwagandha which may aid you significantly.

Hope this helps!

-raster

titan
    Participant
    Topics: 51
    Replies: 131

Walking, yoga, and the sauna daily are a great way to de-stress your body and sweat out the toxins.

Remember, this protocol is extreme and meant to be temporary. You can go back to heavy exercise once you are symptom free. I personally am looking forward to the day I can switch from my yoga class back to my strength training class at the gym, along with adding running, basketball, tennis, etc.

A good analogy is the flu. If you had the flu, even an MD would tell you to rest and not workout. Your body needs to heal before it can be stressed physically.

train21

I have switched to buckwheat but I was just wondering cause I want to make sure, is it really ok to for me to eat cocoanut bread at this time? I mean I know its not bread in the real way but this sounds amazing to me.

raster
    Participant

In the protocol we mention when to introduce foods but if you are not allergic to the coconut bread then eat away.

-raster

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘pleas help Candida is killing me (9 months and I'm worse then ever!!) seriously please help’ is closed to new replies.