Pizza!!! (This is as close to the real thing as it gets, people!)

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Lunch & Dinner Pizza!!! (This is as close to the real thing as it gets, people!)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  AngelaL 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

beccana14
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 21

I’m super excited to have found this treasure of a recipe!
    This is, by far, the best pizza crust recipe I’ve tried while on this diet! The taste, texture and color come closer to the real thing than anything else I’ve tried. Even my husband loved it and wants me to continue making it for dinner! I adapted it from this recipe here.

Ingrediants:
    4 eggs (I used three eggs and one “chia egg”)
    1/4 cup plain yogurt (I used kefir)
    1/4 tsp sea salt
    1/4 cup coconut flour
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 tsp oregano
    1 tsp basil
    1/3 cup parmesan cheese (I used nutritional yeast)
    2 cloves garlic, minced (I used garlic paste)

Instructions
    1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Ferinheight.
    2. Whip eggs in a large bowl with yogurt and sea salt. Stir in the coconut flour until there are no lumps. Give it time to soak up the moisture.
    3. Line a pizza pan with parchment paper. Gently pour the batter onto the paper and use a spatula to spread the batter into a circle as thin as you can make it without creating holes.
    4. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the center is cooked. Remove and add sauce and toppings. Place back in the oven on broil for about 8 minutes.

The toppings I used:
    1. A “cheese” sauce which consisted of kefir cheese, nutitional yeast, olive oil, garlic cloves, fresh basil, hemp seeds, sea salt and Italian seasoning. I just added the ingredients to taste and whipped them up in the blender. It turned out amazing!!!
    2. Diced onions
    3. Zucchini slices
    3. Sliced olives
    4. Artichoke hearts
    5. An extra sprinkle of nutritional yeast (yes, I love this stuff, and yes, I’ve tested it and it works just fine for me!)

Let me know what you think once you’ve tried it!

Rebecca

skinnycute
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 12

OMG. PIZZZAAAAA!!!! One of my super duper favorite food. I will try this one. Yummy. Thank you for the recipe.

AngelaL
    Participant
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 55

I tried this out today and was very impressed with the bread – I’ve tried other ‘pizza crust’ coconut breads and I think this was the closest you are likely to get. The kefir cheese topping didn’t work so well for me, couldn’t really get the balance right. I think I might have this on its own as a savoury bread in future, or maybe make it with goats cheese when I’m at that stage.

I also replaced one of the eggs with a flaxseed ‘egg’ and that worked out pretty well. That’s a trick I shall definitely try again!

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

Well, you better eat real pizza when you be well.!

See this:

White bread helps boost some of the gut’s ‘good’ microbes

White-bread lovers take heart. Scientists are now reporting that this much-maligned food seems to encourage the growth of some of our most helpful inhabitants — beneficial gut bacteria.

Sonia González and colleagues note that the bacteria in our guts, or our microbiome, play an important role in our health. When certain populations of bacteria drop, people become more prone to disease. One of the most effective ways to maintain a good balance of the microbes living in our guts is through our diets. To figure out what dietary ingredients promote helpful bacteria, several studies have looked at the effects of individual fibers and probiotics. But few researchers had investigated the role of polyphenols, which are common in much of what we consume — spices, teas, fruits and vegetables — or how polyphenols and fibers together help balance our gut microbes. González’s team wanted to fill that gap.

To do so, they asked 38 healthy adults questions about their diets and figured out which bacteria were present in the participants’ stool samples. Their analysis revealed that pectin, a compound in citrus fruits, lowers the levels of some helpful bacteria. This is contrary to previous research on pectin alone. The researchers suggest that pectin interacts with other substances in oranges, leading to this unexpected effect. Their most novel finding, they said, was that white bread boosted Lactobacillus, a group of beneficial bacteria.

AngelaL
    Participant
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 55

dvjorge;58286 wrote: Well, you better eat real pizza when you be well.!

See this:

White bread helps boost some of the gut’s ‘good’ microbes

White-bread lovers take heart. Scientists are now reporting that this much-maligned food seems to encourage the growth of some of our most helpful inhabitants — beneficial gut bacteria.

Sonia González and colleagues note that the bacteria in our guts, or our microbiome, play an important role in our health. When certain populations of bacteria drop, people become more prone to disease. One of the most effective ways to maintain a good balance of the microbes living in our guts is through our diets. To figure out what dietary ingredients promote helpful bacteria, several studies have looked at the effects of individual fibers and probiotics. But few researchers had investigated the role of polyphenols, which are common in much of what we consume — spices, teas, fruits and vegetables — or how polyphenols and fibers together help balance our gut microbes. González’s team wanted to fill that gap.

To do so, they asked 38 healthy adults questions about their diets and figured out which bacteria were present in the participants’ stool samples. Their analysis revealed that pectin, a compound in citrus fruits, lowers the levels of some helpful bacteria. This is contrary to previous research on pectin alone. The researchers suggest that pectin interacts with other substances in oranges, leading to this unexpected effect. Their most novel finding, they said, was that white bread boosted Lactobacillus, a group of beneficial bacteria.

I’m not holding my breath – by that time there will probably be another survey saying that white bread causes cancer or such like. If there hasn’t been one already …

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Pizza!!! (This is as close to the real thing as it gets, people!)’ is closed to new replies.