phlegm- buckwheat oat bran

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions phlegm- buckwheat oat bran

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  yisucks 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

yisucks
    Participant
    Topics: 131
    Replies: 331

I’m noticing that after buckwheat or oat bran I get really phlegm-y in my throat and feel really thirsty. I’m guessing this isn’t good…should I cut back on this?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I’d take a break from each one and pinpoint it. I’ve been noticing more symptoms with oat bran lately so I think it could be potentially harmful. Its a type of immune response. If you are taking pleo citro this can also cause flegm production.

-raster

yisucks
    Participant

yea, ill have to stop both, which sucks because they are my only carbs, and i actually enjoy them. which have you found to be least harmful? im guessing the coconut flour? i dont do citro, just the alkala.

raster
    Participant

I definitely think that buckwheat is safer. I would do a week straight of buckwheat only and then a week straight of oat bran only. I’ve noticed my head gets a pressure symptom when I eat oat bran, I get some phlegm, and sometimes a cough.

The yeast can adapt to the foods you eat and so if you were to rotate to something else, it would adapt to this as well in time. In the long term, I wouldn’t necessarily cut out the problematic food items, I would just reduce.

I’d look into trying teff which is a prebiotic, tastes good, and is similar to wheat but no gluten.

Oat bran contains gluten and its not on bernie’s diet.

-raster

yisucks
    Participant

great suggestion, raster. I will separate. I was thinking the oat bran might be more problematic and Bernie doesn’t even recommend it.

So you are still reacting to foods? I thought you were close to healed??

raster
    Participant

No, I’ve experienced a setback lately and am eating too many bad foods. I’ve gotten lazy and need to get stricter again soon. I was probably doing better last summer when I got married. I’ve more or less been sitting at the same level of infestation for over a year now, the yeast has gotten more resistent.

I need to make some other lifestyle changes too in order to get better and hope to make those by the end of the year.

-raster

yisucks
    Participant

aw that’s discouraging but i’m sure you will get there!

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

You can always try coconut flour. It is probably the most ‘safe’ carb and you can make jummy bread with it.

yisucks
    Participant

Thanks. For the first 6 months of the diet or so I only did coconut flour, but I find the bread to be pretty nasty. It was good in yogurt, but my ND doesn’t want me eating yogurt.

I’m just frustrated that I’m reacting to oat bran and foods that are on Stage 1 of the diet when I’ve been on this damn diet for 15 months!! Meanwhile, the thing that caused my infestation was 1 lousy week’s worth of antibiotics.

I do take replacement steroids for a medical condition, but this is ridiculous. I never expected that 15 months down the road and I’d still be dealing with the same symptoms.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘phlegm- buckwheat oat bran’ is closed to new replies.