Phase One Hiccup

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Phase One Hiccup

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jaumeb 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

ChrisHinkes
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

Hi! I have completed two days of the phase one cleanse. I have been very strict with it. However, I didn’t prepare well enough by taking the support supplements a week ahead of time. I started the NAC and Candidate yesterday evening.

I woke up in the middle of the night with a high heart rate. This gave me anxiety and I drank a can of coke to perhaps deal with sugar withdrawal and slow down die-off.

Have I ruined my detox, or can I continue on as planned? Chugging the detoxifier drink is very difficult for me, so I’d rather not have to start over.

Thank you!

Now Gone
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 43

Hi Chris,
    I’m on my way to recovering from candida, although I know I will have to maintain good health and eating habits forever. I don’t really know about this site’s protocol, but you do not have to go at it so extreme and severe. It’s easier to handle if you don’t. Candida is a part of your gut microbes that should be there is some degree but in balance with the good gut microboes. The reason it’s out of balance is that either your diet has been bad to feed the candida yeasts and allow them to over populate instead of eating the correct healthy diet that feeds the good yeasts and allow them to populate. Your gut microboes will reflect what you are eating. Also, stress and antibiotics will interfere with the microboes. I went over to a whole foods diet although I added beans to get more fiber in my gut which feeds the good guys. After four weeks I am feeling so much better. I did take two anti-fungals Paul D Arco and Oregon Grape Root. I did add the multi strain probiotics along with FOS to feed it. Do some relaxing exercise walking in nature or yoga and you will start recovering nicely without all the extreme side effects of the yeast die off. It’s unnecessary to do that.

ChrisHinkes
    Participant

Thanks for the reply!

I’ve been following the steps in the book from this website, http://www.thecandidadiet.com. Is that not considered a good way to go?

The detoxifier (water, cayenne, apple cider vinegar, lemon) has been really harsh on my stomach, as I already have stomach issues. What will I lose if I’m unable to drink it for 7 days like the guide says?

Now Gone
    Participant

Hi Chris,
    This is my thoughts and what’s worked for me. When you have candida you already feel lousy so why make life worse. There are many approaches for different people. Candida is a normal part of your gut microbes, it’s just overgrown because of diet, stress, anti-biotics, etc. You need to get the gut back in balance by encouraging the good guys to multiply and reduce what the bad guys feed on. This is how it is, you will always have candida and if it tends to get out of balance for you (it doesn’t for everyone) then it can always be a problem if you let your diet get bad or you have a lot of stress in your life. The solution is to always eat healthy 90% and maybe 10% you could have something you shouldn’t (but not very often and if you have candida right now you have to wait until your gut heals). You have to manage your stress and exercise in some way that makes you feel good (I walk in nature and do yoga and dance). My job got too stressful, too many demands on my time so right now I am in process of getting that under control. I started a whole foods diet four weeks ago and am seeing progress. I did not do that detoxifer drink as that is a more aggressive approach. I do drink a tsp of apple cider vinegar in water 2X a day as I found that helpful. Your own liver will detoxify you might just need to get it working a little better. I would recommend Milk Thistle capsules for that. I do pro-biotics in the am and pm on an empty stomach a good multi strain along with FOS which is a pre-biotic and helps the good guys multiple as they like to feed off it (initially it does cause a little gas, but this means they are multiplying). I used two anti-fungals Paul D Arco and Oregon Grape Root to lessen the population of bad yeasts. Then I decided to eat only whole foods, nothing refined, processed, no sugar, no diary, no refined carbs. I did add back beans. Beans and sweet potatoes contain the types of complex sugars that the good yeasts feed on and so are pre-biotics. I also needed the extra fiber (fiber is very necessary for the good guys to grow) and it made me feel full. So, I eat lean meats, lots of veggies, beans, fish, etc. I don’t do any fruits right now as they made my yeast worse, except an occasional granny smith apple. What I do to check the yeast? Look at your tongue every morning and evening, you want to get it so it has no coating. A coating means you have excess mucous and yeast in your body. I had something like rosecea on my face and it has almost cleared after four weeks. I have lost some weight which I wanted too. I also pay attention to my energy level, if I eat some carbs I will almost immediately feel very fatigued and have to go lay down. I don’t get that if I keep my diet right. Also look at your bowel movements, they should float in the toliet and not have stringy mucous on them or be white (yeast). You need to have a bowel movement everyday and not be constipated. This is how I can tell I’m getting better. You have to keep at it, but you will heal and you will learn how to live healthier and be fit for the rest of your life.

ChrisHinkes
    Participant

Thank you very much! I’ll probably need to cut out the detoxifier for now, as my stomach can’t really handle it. I am just worried about missing a step that will prevent me from getting better.

Now Gone
    Participant

Hi Chris,
    Another thing I forgot to mention is that you said you had stomach issues, is that many people with candida (myself included) do not have good digestion. Stress or low stomach acids will cause incomplete digestion of foods which putrefy and cause mucous in the gut. The bad yeasts thrive on this type of undigested food. Sometimes I take a good pancreatic enzyme which includes amylase, protease, serrapeptize, etc. not sure if all this is spelled correctly. Especially at night with the evening meal. I find that the enzymes with HCL is a little too hard on my stomach, it seems to cause irritation, so I opt for the pancreatic enzymes. Also chew your food well in a relaxed environment. Eat some bitter foods as that stimulates good digestion. A salad with argula or brussel sprouts, etc. Don’t eat too late at night. You will need to learn to prepare your own foods but it doesn’t have to be fancy or complicated. I make a good veggie/meat soup once or twice a week as it will last several days. I always eat a good salad usually for lunch every day watercress, argula, avocado, etc. A three bean salad with apple cider vinegar and a good olive oil and fresh squeezed lemon is delicious. Bake a sweet potato or red potato (avoid white potatoes for now). I also avoid more whole grains right now as they seem to cause a little mucous. Hope this helps.

Now Gone
    Participant

Chris,
    You will heal if you do the diet and stick too it. There are many ways to approach the process, so do it aggressively and some more gentle. I find the gentle makes me feel better and it works. I want to see an upward progress, not get worse for a while. You don’t have to do the quick die-off.

ChrisHinkes
    Participant

My issues seem to be mostly with my stomach. I do have some abdominal discomfort sometimes, but that is completely bearable. My stomach will sometimes be super upset immediately after eating. Is this a common effect from candida?

Now Gone
    Participant

If your stomach is super upset immediately after eating it could be a number of things and you need to take it one at a time and find out what is upseting it. It could be you have food allergies to gluten or diary, etc. Candida can create allergies due to the leaky gut syndrome. Candida also interferes with the PH of your digestive juices so they aren’t as effective to digest foods and therefore you get the bloating, gas, mucous, etc. Do you get heartburn or GERD? I would suggest writing down what you eat at each meal and when the upset occurs. Also, does it occur with the evening meal but not the morning or lunch meal? The most common allergies are diary, eggs, grains, bread, pasta, sugars (cause heartburn). If you are getting heartburn it could be too much acidity in the stomach or not enough. You can try a tsp of apple cider vinegar and see if that helps for not enough acidity. Or for too much a 1/2 tsp of baking soda in a half glass of water. See which one works. If the apple cider vinegar helps then you need to take a digestive enzyme probably in the evening, I would use the pancreatic enzymes and not the HCL one. If too much acid and the baking soda works, then you need to watch what you eat at night and only eat the things that agree with you. Also, stress can cause digestion to not work so well.

Now Gone
    Participant

Hi Chris,
    Do you know for sure if you have candida?

ChrisHinkes
    Participant

No, I don’t know for sure. But I have a ton of the symptoms. In particular I have recurring ring worm and oral thrush. Plus tons of other symptoms.

I just went and got allergy testing and came back negative for all most common foods and all environmental allergens. Yet I have upset stomach a lot and I have been very gassy for a long time.

My wife an I have been separated for a year now. When we were together, she got repeated yeast infections. Since we’ve been separated she hasn’t had any problems at all. All signs point to yes.

I don’t really have heartburn. I have stomach discomfort. It isn’t really nausea, but it makes eating hard. I’m not good at explaining it.

Now Gone
    Participant

So it does sound like you have a high probability for yeast. So you will need to eat very healthy, I recommend whole foods only. Get off all refined sugars, breads, crackers, pasta, pizza, cheese, diary, etc. You can have lean meats, fish, some eggs (if they don’t give you mucous, I can only eat one a day), lots of vegetables steamed, baked, salads. No fruit or even whole grains (oatmeal) for a few months. At night try the pancreatic enzymes and also if lunch is hard to digest. Do the prebiotics FOS and a good multi strain probiotics 2X a day. Do a couple of the anti-fungals Paul D Arco, Caprylic Acid, Oregano Oil, Oregon Grape Root, whatever you like. Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) is also good. Maybe some fish oil. It sounds like you have some stress in your life with separating from your wife. Try to find a way to cope and come to terms with that as it will stress your immune system and digestion. Get out and exercise in a way you like. Make sure you are sleeping well, can use magnesium powder or a calcium citrate/magnesium combo at night. I also listen to mindfulness meditation tapes at night when I have a hard time sleeping. You have to keep with the diet and your lifestyle changes but they work if you do. Remember to look at your tongue for coating, bowel movements for mucous and constipation, energy levels, sleeping patterns, skin break-outs, etc. If you eat things that don’t agree with you these problems will be worse. You can drink a TBL apple cider vinegar in water 2X a day. Also, put apple cider vinegar on the areas on your skin daily and leave it on to clear those things. You can rinse your mouth with it for thrush. Hope all this helps. I wish you well.

Jaumeb
    Participant
    Replies: 148

Thanks for all your messages, Donna.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Phase One Hiccup’ is closed to new replies.