Phase 2

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

I believe I have hit the two month goal…wondering if it is ok to start to introduce some new items. Really want almonds…just looking for that crunch ๐Ÿ™‚ If I eat some would you say 1-5 and then wait about 3 days. However, with me I seem to get an immediate reaction in my mouth that tells me something is wrong…I also want to add tomatoes to my salads…is there a special order I should add items? I know it is one at a time and with a good wait period inbetween.

Thanks again as always :).

Hubby bought me coconut milk last night…can I have that any time or is that a test item too?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Jackie, it sounds like youโ€™re doing very well if youโ€™re looking at trying a few phase two foods. Good for you.

I would say to test the coconut milk first as I doubt you receive a reaction from it providing itโ€™s pure coconut milk with no sugar added. Then have it perhaps once a day afterwards.

Then I would test a few almonds the day after you have the coconut milk. If you want to, you can soak them overnight in water to be sure that most of the mold is removed. I understand that the reaction would happen quickly in some cases; still, I would wait at least two days before having more.

Please let us know how this goes.
    Good luck, Able.

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

Thanks! I’m off to pour myself a 1/4 cup of coconut milk with 0 sugar ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m so excited…going to drink it on ice in my wine glass that has stood empty for such a long time. I have already had 4 cups of warm lemon water…so excited to have something new. I appreciate your quick response as well. And yes, I think I’m doing fine. I have not really given myself many opportunities to mess up other than the ones I have confessed to. I think this diet will be fine for me as a normal life style as soon as I can have tomatoes on my salad again.

Oh how I miss my dried cherries and sunflower seeds. Those I just loved on my salads. Maybe someday in very small amounts…if not I’m fine.

This morning I’m happy to drink something white and not clear ๐Ÿ™‚ It is the little things in life that make me happy ๐Ÿ™‚

Blessings,
    Jackie

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Take it easy on the nuts; that is all I will say. If your leaky gut has healed, you shouldn’t be allergic to the nuts. But if it is not healed, it could be problematic.

If you were to eat large amounts of a certain nut a few days in a row without soaking, you could develop an allergy to it.

-Raster

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Phase 2’ is closed to new replies.