Phase 1 – Was eating almonds, almond butter and almond milk

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Phase 1 – Was eating almonds, almond butter and almond milk

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  fiae 1 year ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

fiae
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 23

Hi there,

I’m a new poster here and have struggled with Candida for 5 years now. I have gone on and off the program in the past but never actually purchased the book outlining each phase. I now have the book and have just begun the Phase 2, planning to reintroduce probiotics soon.

I suppose I didn’t pay close enough attention when reading the instructions for Phase 1 as I continued to eat almonds, almond butter and almond milk (occasionally – it lost most meaning to me when I couldn’t drink coffee or smoothies).

Is this okay? I still noticed an improvement in my symptoms throughout Phase 1 and definitely experienced die off. I am also vegan so my protein sources largely come from nuts, seeds and beans. I have been using hemp hearts as protein no problem.

I just hope that I haven’t set myself back as I am starting to feel better again and I am testing out half a cup of blueberries in the morning to see if that will be okay.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated 🙂

Fiae

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

Nuts are definitely not the worst thing to be eating – it’s not like you went and ate a bowl of ice cream! If you’re vegan, then you still need protein and nuts are one of the best sources. Make sure the nuts are mold-free. Just move on and focus on your diet going forward. The stage 2 diet allows nuts anyway 🙂

fiae
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 23

@wiley200 Thank you! I know I felt pretty good even while eating the almonds 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Phase 1 – Was eating almonds, almond butter and almond milk’ is closed to new replies.