Phase 1 question..

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Phase 1 question..

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  princeofsin 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

marcellait1
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 1

Hello all. I am contemplating starting phase 1 of the diet within the next couple of days. I am concerned about how I will be able to endure ONLY eating vegetables. I know there are detox drinks suggestied …but what about protein drinks or shakes? I am a little concerned about not protein for a whole week.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

andsburns
    Replies: 8

It’s all about mental preparation. The easiest way is to completely accept that you are going to do this. Go into it prepared. Have some premeditated strategies keeping yourself busy and occupied so food doesn’t become your main focus. Use taste enhancements; sea salt/black pepper/lemon. Get your protein from chia seeds, I start my morning with 1 tablespoon in a tall glass of water, it really does help. Are you doing the cleanse? Even if you are cleansing there’s a less strenuous version where you can eat eggs. You can also have eggs when you start the diet, so that would be another source of protein. Read “a proper and safe cleanse” and the “strict diet” (from able only) for more abut eggs. But above all, give yourself time to mentally accept that you are going to do this and the reality of it will come more naturally, that’s what worked for me.

marcellait1
    Replies: 1

Hmm. Ok I thought that phase 1 was the cleansing part. I am nervous because I know myself and not having any protein would really zap my energy.

So you are saying there is a version of the cleanse that would allow for eggs? This would be helpful. I do own chia seeds and did not know they had protein…I thought they mostly had omega 3…so that is good to know.

Yeah I think I am going to wait until my mother leaves town in a day or so because she would really freak out if she me only eating veggies with no meats whatsoever.

I am wondering too if I will lose a ton of weight during this phase. I drop weight very easily and really don’t wish to get skinny.

Thanks for your reply…

Marcella

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Check out our forum protocol for a general plan to get better. We also have a forum cleanse that doesn’t have psyllium, which causes chronic constipation and for some, internal bleeding.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

If you want to get better, you need to be open for what lies ahead of you.

-raster

princeofsin
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 224

Since you are on phase one why not use eggs for protein. Eggs are an alkalizing food and can be used in many recipes while on the Candida diet.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Phase 1 question..’ is closed to new replies.