Perioral dermatitis anyone?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Perioral dermatitis anyone?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jo*Jo 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Jo*Jo
    Topics: 64
    Replies: 242

I have what looks like this, and apparently it is called perioral dermatitis (photo from google)

Mine (ie clusters of very small red bumps with what looks like a rash surrounding them) is right where the septum meets my top lip, spreads along the bottom of one nostril and then there’s a separate cluster on my cheek. For a few months i felt nothing and thought they were normal spots because I had a few spots elsewhere but they all cleared up and the others didnt. It wasnt until i bought some home made goats milk moisturizer and applied it to my face that these spots burned and when i initially thought they were cold sores, cold sore cream just made them peel. I bought lysine ointment and that really took the burning away but they still havent gone. I also bought L-Lysine tablets but they’ve done nothing.

Considering i’ve never had any skin conditions in my life before, i’m hoping this is just a symptom of die off and i certainly dont want to have to go to the doctor just yet and risk them offering me antibiotics. But if you see on google images just how nasty this could get, i certainly dont want it getting any worse.

Today i’ve been doing some hot steam therapy and i’ve started back on molybdenum as i havent taken it in a while. Hopefully i’ll be able to fight this on my own.

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

have you changed your anti fungals, or upped your dose of garlic?

Jo*Jo

Well I think the newest anti fungal was the SF722 but I’ve been on it maybe 3 month now. The time scale could be about right. Do you think I should let it off and see if it calms down?

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

i’ve been fine on that. Too much garlic hugely effects my skin though. I was making a detox drink from garlic, lemon, ginger & olive oil. I took it before every meal but my whole body started getting itchy & my hands were constantly a problem. Since i’ve cut garlic out my hands have calmed down an awful lot & hardly ever itchy.

Jo*Jo

Thanks Benc, thats intersting to know.

Well i’ve been taking molybdenum again and my skin is definitely improving. Its not gone yet but i think its definitely going.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Perioral dermatitis anyone?’ is closed to new replies.