Pea Protein

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Pea Protein

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Danny33 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

dave
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 34

I havent been able to find a firm conclusion on this yet. There are a few supplements I take to boost my calorie and protein consumption, such as Vega drinks or Veganaise, both of which contain pea protein. It does not seem to be the main ingredient in either but it is listed and I know it isnt on the strict diet. How bad is it to have something like this? Would it ruin the diet/protocol? Im trying to stick as close to the strict diet as possible but I have lost about 20 lbs and at 5’9″ I weigh 144 lbs which is way too low for a man. I try to eat like its Thankgiving like Raster says but there are only so many green beans and buckwheat muffins I can take! Thoughts?

I do plan to d/c the Vega stuff and exchange for Hemp Protein from Manitoba Harvest, but wold like to keep the veganaise if a reasonable compromise.

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

Are you eating Vegenaise as in the vegan mayo product?

dave

Yea but its gluten and soy free…is that a bad thing?

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

Ingredients: Expeller-pressed hi-oleic safflower oil, filtered water, brown rice syrup, apple cider vinegar, pea protein, sea salt, mustard flour, lemon juice concentrate.

I guess the things I would be concerned about are the brown rice syrup (sugar) and the pea protein — though in all fairness, it says there are 0g of sugar per serving. I don’t know if safflower oil is contraindicated. It’s not listed on the strict diet, but I feel like I saw Able mention it the other day.

So now, I guess I’m just curious to see what everyone else has to say.

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

im 5 10 133 pound male. I have a protein that contains no milk, soy, yeast, etc. Good enzymes too. I want to gain weight desperately too

dave

Yea Mooch from what I understand you used to be an athlete too. Sad times. What is this thing you use? And if anyone else can comment on pea protein or Safflower oil thatd be great.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Ya know, just to be on the safe side, I would ditch the veganaise for now. You don’t want to be eating the sugar (rice syrup). FDA labels can say something has 0g of sugar when it actually doesn’t…it can have up to .5 or maybe even .75g (I forget) yet still be labeled 0…and that is per serving, which is pretty small, 1 or 2 tbsp I believe. I know I love veganaise and had a hard time staying within a serving size guideline.

Hemp protein is awesome. It tastes super good and you can mix it into your cereal.

Candida is just kind of a shitty bummer and you just have to take it real easy and give up a lot of activities to give your body a chance to heal. I am not an athlete, but I dance in 2 dance troupes and am in a show choir, all of which I have had to give up going on 3 terms now 🙁 It sucks, but I know they will be there waiting for me to be even more fabulous once I’m healed!

Also, peas are definitely not on the diet, so I don’t know why pea protein would be okay. They are sugary and starchy and whatnot, and pea protein, I believe, is usually an isolate? Maybe I’m wrong, but if it is, that’s produced through an extensive chemical process using a type of fungus in the extraction. Someone else can probably explain this with better details than me.

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

Dave,

Are you not eating meat? Vegan?

I’m “6’1 and 144 pounds but my frame has always been lanky.
    Brussell sprouts actually have great protein in them (20g protein per pound).
    Oat Bran (10grams a serving – 2/3 cup)
    Spirulina (2grams per teaspoon)
    Hemp seeds
    Almonds

I eat those coupled with occasional organic eggs, sardines, and sockeye salmon.
    Add coconut oil for cooking everything and you have lots of calories.
    Check out the recipe section as I’ve found great foods and ideas.

And I would forget about the Vegenaise at least until your symptoms are gone. I wouldn’t play with brown rice syrup, like what Alex said. There’s still sugar in there…….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Pea Protein’ is closed to new replies.