Pasta

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  M 5 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

Has anyone found a pasta brand that is safe on the strict diet? I’m thinking along the lines of buckwheat pasta, quinoa pasta etc…I’d give my right arm to be able to eat pasta or spaghetti once a week. Or has anyone got a good recipe for making their own pasta using the acceptable flours?

M

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I’d get rice or buckwheat noodles but I wouldn’t consume it once a week but maybe once a month. The tomato sauce is worse than the noodles for your health imho.

-raster

M

I’ve ordered plain buckwheat noodles from time to time but they’re really expensive so it’s not an item I’d use a lot, although they are pretty tasty. I just can’t seem to find a pasta made solely from buckwheat, or quinoa, they always contain some other ingredient such as rice flour that is not compatible with the diet. Raster, would you say that the pasta I linked to should be avoided completely?

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

M;54709 wrote: I’ve ordered plain buckwheat noodles from time to time but they’re really expensive so it’s not an item I’d use a lot, although they are pretty tasty. I just can’t seem to find a pasta made solely from buckwheat, or quinoa, they always contain some other ingredient such as rice flour that is not compatible with the diet. Raster, would you say that the pasta I linked to should be avoided completely?

M,

Make your own Buckwheat SOBA pasta!

It’s cheap and way better than store bought!

Check it out ->

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/2009/05/homemade-buckwheat-soba-noodles-gluten-free.html

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

A little bit of rice flour isn’t a big deal, but like I said, the tomato sauce is the big problem part. I used to make spaghetti 5+ days per week when I was out of work (before the diet) and I wish I could continue with it, its just not in the picture for me.

-raster

M

@raster,

You don’t have to have tomato sauce with pasta. Olive oil, black pepper and garlic is also pretty damn good. I might give it a try at some point.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Pasta’ is closed to new replies.