Passing out from die-off?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Passing out from die-off?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  helmax 8 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

helmax
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 20

Hello. A question for everyone, please.

I’ve been going through die-off symptoms off and on for over a week now because of adding several new antifungal natural supplements I’ve added to my ‘army’ of supplements. But last night was a new experience for me, and one I’m not crazy about going through again.

I had recently read that rutabaga was a “life saver” where Candida was concerned, so my wife found some in a local supermarket. Being all excited about this being a “life saver” and such a strong antifungal, I peeled, sliced and cooked one of these large, strange looking things late Sunday afternoon, and begin to eat it, it was very tasty by the way. I consumed about 3/4 of it at that time. By 11 PM I was already experiencing some die-off symptoms, but I assumed I’d go to sleep and miss the worse part during the night. I was wrong. I awoke around 4 AM with a stomach ache that I can’t even begin to explain the intensity of, so terrible that I felt as if I were literally in a deep, mental fog and couldn’t really think clearly at all. All I was thinking was that I needed to get up and get something for the stomach ache. I honestly do not remember standing or even sitting up on the bed, but the next thing I’m aware of is my wife saying my name over and over. I was on the floor about five feet from the bed, in a foggy, “where am I” state. She told me later that I had actually said, “I’m in bed, I need to get up.” She started helping me to get up from the carpet, and the next thing I know it’s five minutes later and I’m still on the floor. I had passed out again when I got to my knees she said. She was standing over me with the telephone in her hands, and when I looked up, she said she was calling an ambulance because she hadn’t been able wake me for the last five minutes. I was able to assure her that I was alright, and to please not call an ambulance. After quite a while of staying where I was, I finally felt like I could get up, she helped me to the bath (she was much more scared than I was actually), and I took a hot shower feeling much better afterwards. Of course, shortly after this terrible experience I began to go through the normal diarrhea that usually follows a die-off period.

I’m just wondering, has anyone else ever passed out from die-off? I’m fine today by the way.

And by the way, if anyone is going to try rutabaga for the first time, please be careful and eat only a few bites the first time you try it, and the next time I try it, I’ll do it early in the day and not late in the afternoon.

Thanks for listening.

Morab
    Replies: 8

Hi there helmax,
    I stand to be corrected, but after some research, I’ve found that most literature out there declares Rutabaga to cause an INCREASE in candida, and not a decrease. So perhaps what you experienced was not a die off but a sudden surge! As I say, I stand to be corrected. It seems to be one of those things where dieticians and homeopaths are split in their opinion. Personally, if there’s a split, I ain’t taking it! lol.. I had a similar experience without actually passing out, when I fell off my candida diet bus, and ate a chinese bowtie (pastry smothered in syrup) Yep. I know. I crashed – awful headaches, full-on asthma attack, couldn’t think straight etc etc. I won’t be doing that again any time soon. So yeah, I’ll be staying away from Rutabaga unless there’s very clear evidence to the contrary.

helmax
    Replies: 20

Yes, I understand the “split” that you spoke of. I have experienced the after-effects of those “splits” many times. But I’ve been going through this Candida nightmare for almost seven months now, and I’ve definitely learned the huge difference between the increase of symptoms and die-off. Trust me, as huge as that was, if it was an increase in Candida, not only would I have felt my symptoms increase, but I would still be experiencing them today. But instead, after Sunday night, all day long yesterday my symptoms gradually decreased, and so far today, on a symptom-scale of 1-10, I’m experiencing perhaps a 1, which is rare for me, and something I would gladly welcome every day.

Also, I had done a bit of research on rutabagas as I had never eaten these before, and I found that they are a member of the turnip family, which I love and can eat several times a week if I choose to do so without reactions. Of course you’re right; they are a bit sweeter than a regular turnip, but nevertheless, I felt very safe trying these. I just did not realize how strong they were, although, in all honesty, I was warned about it.

There is a story of a personal Candida experience that i read, the subject is exactly what the title infers. This story goes through the details of how rutabaga worked for her (I think this person is a female). Her rutabaga experience is what impressed me the most of all the antifuntals she mentioned. This person’s story is copyrighted in 1987, so by the fifth day of a rutabaga diet, and not knowing at the time about the power of overdosing with Bifidus and Acidophilus cultures, she experienced a terrible episode of intestinal gas. After that, she began to rotate the rutabaga every 4 to 7 days, which of course worked better for her.
    malllink.net

I would also like to mention a subject that, as far as I’ve seen isn’t mentioned often on this site, although I’ve seen it on other message boards. One quote I found on this site is a person talking about oil of oregano, the quote;
    “I’m using the oil, and so far it seems to be killing something, I can see the evidence in my stools.”
    I know exactly what this person is talking about, because I’ve experienced this about four times in the past months, and once was in fact was from oil of oregano, as well as with the rutabaga. There isno mistaking this, as it is the only time in our lives we will ever see anything like this. Gross I know, but important in identifying a real and strong die-off experience.

Max

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Passing out from die-off?’ is closed to new replies.