Parsnips, Potatoes, and Peppers

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Parsnips, Potatoes, and Peppers

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

fml432
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 35

Hello everybody! A quick update on me: I’ve been keeping up the diet rotation as stated in my last topic post. I’m on my 7th week of the diet. Had a hiccup with an unrelated bacterial infection last week that required me to take antibiotics for 7 days, so I had to stop my probiotic intake for a while. I also stopped eating oat bran. During that time, I saw a mild irritation come up, but nothing too bad. Right when I finished the medication, I took diflucan (to kill whatever yeast may have come up) and immediately resumed my probiotics. It’s just been two days back on track, but so far so good. I’ve been sticking to coconut oil this whole time, as Able had stated the yeast are very unlikely (if ever) to develop a resistance to it, but I have been wanting to switch to a new anti-fungal (the one raster continually recommends). I haven’t yet due to costs and the holidays.

Anyway, I wanted to ask since I’m nearing the 8th week (which is approximately 2 months) and I was thinking of reintroducing one of the phase 2 foods. On the website, potatoes are listed as a phase 2 food–is that no longer the case? Do the negatives outweigh the positives?

I was also wondering about parsnips and peppers (specifically Anaheim Peppers). Are these safe to eat at any phase?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Potatoes should be one of the very last things you introduce during phase 3, if ever. Once you have a Candida infestation you’ll have to be careful not to change the environment of your system again allowing another overgrowth. Potatoes are not necessary to a healthy diet anyway, and you still need to work on your health and especially your immune system which was probably shot during the brunt of the infestation.

Parsnips and peppers are just fine.

I guess you’ve not been reading the posts on the forum or you would know that potatoes are not eaten during phase 2 of the treatment. The forum members use the “Allowed Foods” diet on the forum located on the following link, and this is the list they’re talking about when discussing the diet.
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1136_ALLOWED-FOODS-LIST.aspx

You typed that you had to stop your probiotic when you on the antibiotic, who told you to do that? You needed the probiotic more during that time than at any other time since the antibiotics were destroying the beneficial bacteria in your intestines.

Able

fml432
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 35

I’ve seen the list already (actually you’ve linked it to me 3 times in the past), but at the time of posting I was at the supermarket browsing on my phone and the search option wasn’t working for me.

My acupuncturist last year recommended that I keep off the probiotics while on antibiotics as whatever benefits the probiotics had would be canceled out in the course of the medication. My regular doctor wasn’t any more knowledgeable on the subject and said nothing to the contrary when I brought it up.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

fml432 wrote: I’ve seen the list already (actually you’ve linked it to me 3 times in the past)

Sorry, but just because we post a link doesn’t necessarily mean that everyone we post it for bothers to read it, thus the multiple postings. Maybe if we post something three times, someone just might decide to read it one day.

As far as the advice not to take the probiotics during the round of antibiotics is concerned; it’s common sense that the more bacteria you continually put into your system, the more likely you are to have at least a few to survive the antibiotics and do the work during the course instead of completely depleting the intestines of any bacteria that may have been able to reestablish flora. Strange reasoning I have to say.

Good luck. Able

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Parsnips, Potatoes, and Peppers’ is closed to new replies.