Parboiled Rice

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Parboiled Rice

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

amu88
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 0

Hi,

I just want to ask is parboiled rice ok to eat.It is basically called the REd rice we call it palakkadan matta.

CAn you also provide some asian foods.

Thanks

Hope
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 187

I’m sorry I don’t know anything about red rice, but I can provide a pretty basic list of some asian foods approved for the diet. All of the following are considered OK to use on an anti-candida diet:

Bokchoy
    Daikon
    Water chestnuts
    Soba noodles (in moderation, and only those that are 100% buckwheat)
    Brown rice (not white, unsure about red)
    Short-grain brown rice can be used to make sushi rolls (only don’t use the traditional rice vinegar when preparing the rice)
    All veggie stir-frys from the list of approved vegetables are approved, but not using vinegars or traditional soy sauce or pre-packaged prepared sauces
    Almonds (for stir frys)
    Nori
    Kelp
    other seaweeds
    pure coconut milk
    Bragg’s Liquid Aminos (soy product that tastes like soy sauce but is not fermented. Traditional soy sauce is *not* approved for this diet)

Any meats or eggs used should be organic. Meaning they are preservative free, artificial hormone free, and – most importantly – antibiotic free.

Traditional seasonings approved would include: ginger, garlic, sesame oil, sesame seeds, onion, chili powders (pastes would have to be 100% pure chili), 100% pure wasabi (I found this in powder form), cilantro, chive, lemongrass.

For Thai dishes, you might consider using the soba noodles in place of the rice noodles (the common Thai rice noodles are from white rice). Also you can make a pretty tasty spring roll filling from the foods listed above (no mushrooms, though) and roll the filling in crisp lettuce leaves with the Bragg’s Aminos. This is actually quite good. Also, plain unsweetened sesame seed nut butter can replace peanut butter in equal amounts in Thai dishes. Peanuts and peanut butter is not approved. A tasty fried rice can be made with sesame oil, garlic, onion, a few diced veggies, egg, and Bragg’s.

Hope this helps! 🙂

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

If I’m not mistaken, red rice has a strain of yeast on it that’s created by fermentation. I think I’d leave it alone.

Able

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Parboiled Rice’ is closed to new replies.