Parasites?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  moochpb 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

titan
    Participant
    Topics: 51
    Replies: 131

Does anyone have any experience with parasites? I’m interested because my candida symptoms all started suddenly over 2 years ago. At the time, I felt stinging sensations in my urethra, mouth, eyes, nose, ears, etc. I had just come back from the beach.

Anyway, I know the diet is helping, but I’m searching for any underlying causes (also awaiting mercury hair test results soon).

2 years ago I had my GP run all kinds of standard bloodwork, but I’m not sure if they tested for parasites.

Any words of wisdom about parasite testing, costs, accuracy, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Well, believe it or not, you are killing those down with the candida diet as well. Basically, its the same process to reduce their numbers…you cannot kill them off completely. Everyone has them but at different numbers.

Certain antifungals are good for killing parasites, and some homeopathics are designed to kill them as well.

-raster

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I got tested through Dr. Amin at the parasitology center in Arizona. They have a website and stuff…I went through my old doctor. It was pretty costly (around $400) for stool, urine, and saliva tests, plus they had to do a separate stool and urine culture. They found some bacteria I had, which I had to do antibiotics for, and that is also how I found out about having Candida.

titan
    Participant
    Topics: 51
    Replies: 131

Thanks guys. So I’m curious if parasite cleanses would be helpful or hurtful while on the diet. Saw that Dr. Oz recommended papaya seeds and honey for 10 days.

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

Honey wouldn’t be helpful if you’re fighting candida. It might be worthwhile to look into which antifungals are also anti-parasitic and try those instead.

kodaz2005
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 172

titan;33419 wrote: Thanks guys. So I’m curious if parasite cleanses would be helpful or hurtful while on the diet. Saw that Dr. Oz recommended papaya seeds and honey for 10 days.

Wow honey, that is just pure sugar. I can’t imagine that wouldn’t feed the Candida & the parastites. I normally like most of what Dr Oz has to say, but I guess it goes to show you we really need to double check every recommended remedy before implementing.

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

Raw honey is great for digestion, but yeah it has like 17 grams of sugar in a tablespoon I think. Dr OZ also said chocolate is needed once a day for Yeast overgrowth but i don’t think he explained why

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Parasites?’ is closed to new replies.