Pancake recipe that works?

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Breakfast Pancake recipe that works?

This topic contains 19 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  NiuBlau 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

Can anyone recommend a good pancake recipe that won’t break up in the pan? All my previous attempts at making pancakes have ended in failure, due to the mixture breaking up in the pan.

Thanks.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I second this…

My last experiment I ended up taking the mushy blobs and heating them in the oven on a baking sheet for a snack…was actually pretty good. They got crispy eventually and it wasn’t bad. Wasn’t pancakes though :p

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

In my last pancake experiment I learned that if I use coconut oil to grease the pan, they stick. If I use ghee to grease the pan, they don’t. I’m going to keep trying.

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

i messed up mine to they didnt cook right enede up making a bread out of batter and that came out good

rebeccaouellet
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

I have a great one that works! I use 1 tablespoon of coconut flour, two tablespoons of almond milk, one egg, 20 drops of stevia clear, pumpkin pie spice (three shakes), and cinnamon (three shakes). I put all of this into a measuring cup and stir with a fork until it’s all incorporated. Then I melt some coconut oil in the pan and cook it on medium heat. It makes about 2 pancakes. Perfect serving size for one. I eat them with almond butter on top. I’ve even toasted up some pecans to go on top also. Yummy.

alexalgebra

Since nuts aren’t on the strict diet, do you think just water would work in place of almond milk?

brownhair
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 10

Almonds, Almond Milk (unsweetened), Coconut Cream, Coconut Milk (unsweetened), Flax Seed, Hazelnuts, Hemp Seeds, Macadamia Nuts, Pecans, Pine Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds, Sunflower Seeds and Walnuts are all ALLOWED on the diet. They do reccommend they be soaked in water and fresh lemon to remove the mold.

alexalgebra

No, not on the strict diet from Able. No nuts, no seeds, at least not until you are no longer experiencing candida symptoms. The coconut cream and milk is okay.

brownhair

Hi Alexalgebra, I am just starting the cutting out everything and detoxing stage and I would love help. Who and/or where do I go to get the advice from Able? I am finding alot of contradictions. What do you think about Chicken in Stage 1? My Health food store says no, but the others say yes.

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

send a PM to the user “Able900” explaining a bit about your symptoms and what you’re eating/doing now, and ask him for the strict diet. on the diet list he’ll give you, there’ll also be links to a lot of useful threads on the forum about probiotics, antifungals, supplements, die-off, and more. he comes off slightly cranky at times (i don’t think it’s intended), but he’s incredibly helpful and generous with his time. he cured himself of his candida overgrowth using the protocol and diet list he’ll provide.

alexalgebra

What Shay said. Also, I’m a vegetarian that hasn’t touched meat in 17 years, so I, obviously, would avoid all meat. I’m not quite sure what the protocol says about it, but it’s on there somewhere. I think Able has the stance that meat releases ammonia into your body and shouldn’t be eaten frequently, if at all in the beginning.

There are a ton of less strict candida diets out there, but at this point, I don’t even care. I’ve been too sick and effed up for the last year to function and if that means that I can’t eat out or have anything but eggs and veggies for a year to cure myself, whatever. So be it. At least I’ll be able to eat out every now and then eventually and will get back my social life and my life :p So that, plus the fact that there are honest testimonials from people that aren’t paid to say them on this site makes me believe in my heart that this is the best way to get through this.

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

I’m vegan and haven’t eaten meat in years either, but through perusing the forum, Able’s stance and reasoning on meat, to the best of my recollection, is this:

After being on the strict diet (stage 1) for at least 12 days, you may introduce either organic chicken or small/young (low-mercury) fish, and eat one serving. After another week, you may either have another serving, or try a serving of the other item. After that, you can eat one serving each of young fish and organic chicken, or two servings of one (but not the other), in any 7-day period. So, if you eat it, only twice a week tops. Organic because non-organic meat tends to contain antibiotics, which is counterproductive when you’re trying to reestablish healthy gut flora, and young (for fish) because they tend to contain a lower concentration of mercury.

Beef and pork are a total no. Aside from naturally creating ammonia in your system, in modern meat production, carcasses are frequently washed down with ammonia in the slaughterhouse to reduce contamination from bacteria, viruses, feces, etc, and that leads to greater ammonia in your gut. According to Able, candida can thrive in an ammonia-rich environment, while beneficial bacteria cannot.

He advocates organic eggs as the ideal source of protein while on the candida diet. Like I said, message him for his diet list, it’s really helpful.

I hope this helps!

brownhair

Hi Alexalgebra – so glad I commented cuz you alerted me to what I’ve been doing wrong. I’ve been so sick that I wasn’t paying attention to the program and didn’t know the forum was part of the diet section. I also thought Stage 2 foods were part of the detox. Wow, I was messed up. Now I understand what to do and I’m glad I started on the Stage 2 foods to ease myself into the detox stage. I did have a very hard time as I am already very skinny and after the Liver flush drink, I threw up severly. I was only able to manage about 4 days on detox. Anyway, I really think there should be a pre-detox stage to get people off sugar & caffeine as that is a very hard stage. Wish me luck!

alexalgebra

GOOD LUCK!! I’m glad I could help! I don’t like to think about in wrong vs right, more just this is what I will eat for my health, these things I won’t because they might affect my health negatively at this point.

It’s totally confusing though – I did “Body Ecology Diet” for a couple of weeks before realizing it was full of crap compared to this diet for getting rid of candida so i had a nice ease into it all as well :p I’m also coming from over two years of increasing food intolerances so I guess I had a two-year slide into it, haha…I hadn’t really had sugar-sugar (as opposed to fruit, maple syrup, etc.) in a couple of years aside from a couple months where I was so mad nothing was fixing my allergies that I ate it anyway. Probably didn’t help me much now, but at the time it was a nice break! Ha ha.

Anyway, be gentle with yourself, molybdenum and vitamin c are amazing for die-off, so is sitting in a sauna or taking a hot epsom salt bath, so I recommend all of that.

maga
    Replies: 1

brownhair;33510 wrote: I really think there should be a pre-detox stage to get people off sugar & caffeine as that is a very hard stage. Wish me luck!

I agree! I’m actually doing this myself as having tried to turn vegetarian twice sent me straight to the hospital. (also skinny and lose weight rapidly)

🙁 I have no idea how to get organic chicken or meat in Brazil, they don’t usually mind that at all. There are organic foods, but I’ve never seen chicken or meat advertised as organic.

I will ease myself into the cleanse (planned a week from this Monday) by cutting out all cereals, flours and sugary foods altogether from my diet.

Food is my love. Cooking is my hoby and secret life ambition (pastry cheff 🙁 ) I wish all of us luck!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Pancake recipe that works?’ is closed to new replies.