Pain in back of throat and along outside edge of tongue. No white or signs of thrush.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Pain in back of throat and along outside edge of tongue. No white or signs of thrush.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Jackie2 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

This weekend I took about a 1/4 tsp of basil spread which had pine nuts, basil, olive oil, and parmasane cheese in it and spread it on my coconut bread. When I ate it my bread tasted a little funky…I have not had taste for a long time so I was wondering if the bread really taste like this and I was getting more taste back. A little later in the day I cut another slice of bread and it just did not tast right I threw it out. Now the back of my throat hurts and I’m worried I contaminated myself with some mold that was on the bread…that was not visable. The bread was about 5 days old. I don’t know how long it last…I’m wondering if I fed myself mold and that is why my throat and tongue are reacting this way…am I getting the oral thrush back? I have been on the diet and sticking to it very seriously. I did pick up a walnut and pop it in my mouth when it fell out of baklava when I was baking that. It did have remenants of sugar on it. I couldn’t believe it when I did it. I was chewing it and enjoying it..and then shock hit me at what I did and I spit it out and washed my mouth out…I just don’t know if those small mistakes could do this. I want to call my doctor but I know he will just call in a perscription of nysatin…please advise. I came home from work and drank a cup of Kefir and ate a cup of greek yogurt. I should have done another oil pulling first. Waiting for a bit and will do that as well…did I screw up with the bread…or that bit of pesto spread??? UGH…I didn’t know it had cheese in it. I thought it was basil, garlic and pine nuts…I took such a small amount.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Jackie.
    So sorry to hear that you’re experiencing such a reaction. But as you may have seen with Lucy, it really doesn’t take much of a Candida-friendly food to reactivate the fungus if it’s still in the infestation state. It could very well have been a problem with the bread since it was five days old, do you keep it refrigerated? We keep our refrigerated once it’s cooled the first day we make it.
    It’s really difficult to say whether it was the bread, the walnut, sugar, or cheese in the pesto that’s causing the problem, but my guess is it was all of the above.

I would do the oil pulling therapy three times a day, perhaps for a week or so and continue with the kefir.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Well if there wasn’t mold in the bread, there certainly was mold in the cheese! There also was small amounts of mold in the nuts as well (which should be saved for phase 2).

I wouldn’t worry too much because soon you’ll be back on track. This isn’t a huge giant setback; your body will be setback a few hours or days at the most.

For the coconut bread, I eat it all week long and it lasts me 6 days usually. It does taste a little stale on the final days or so, but I have never had it get moldy. If you left it unrefigerated, I couldn’t see it lasting more than 3 days or so (as a guess).

Also, on a side note…as you get better (months into recovery) your taste buds will transform completely. For me, I used to enjoy the flavor of cigarrettes but now I cannot stand them! I have been a smoker for 12 years, and believe me, this is a big transformation. I have cut down to 5 a day now (from 6-9 a day when I started the diet) so getting closer to my goal of quitting completely!

-Raster

Jackie2
    Participant

Thanks for your advice. I’m just shocked. The nut I ate was about 1cm square or less, the pesto spread I tried…was less than a quarter of a teaspoon, and the sugar that was on the nut…well, I mixed chopped walnuts with 1/2 cup of sugar..I bet it was 5-10 grains at the most. The bread was not refrigerated for the first 3 days then I put it in the fridge…I’m thinking it was the bread. OR maybe all of that darn stuff. I tried the pesto mostly to see if I could taste it. So many things I eat and have NO taste at all. Some things I can taste really well. I’m going to do my oil pulling…and more kefir. Thanks so much for your speedy response. I worry about getting Thrush in my esophogus and since it feels like it is in the back of my throat I’m nervouse. I know my doctor will just give me drugs so I hesitate to go back to him. Again thanks for your advice. I am learning. I know what suffering Lucy is going through and I pray for her and Thomas every day. Well for everyone here. I’m so blessed to have this sight and you wonderful people to guide me.

Jackie2
    Participant

Mouth around gums is stil sore and back of throat…I’m even gargling with kefir. What to do. I really don’t have any appetite. I just eat a few tablespoons of yogurt, egg in the am, and a salad with eggs in pm and a few more scoops of yogurt. I’m eating about 2 cups of yogurt a day and maybe a cup and a half of kefir a day with one to three eggs…with a salad of some sort. Not hungry and just want my mouth to heal. Any suggestions?

I’m not taking anything other than the vitamins listed here. I have not taken any antifungals because I thought what the Doc gave me would get rid of thrush and I would just stay on diet and make sure it didn’t come back.

I don’t have white spots but I do think the roof of mouth and tongue have maybe a light film on them. What I do have is a slight burning on tongue all the time and sore throat way in the back. That is kind of how the thrush started the first time..but back then I ate soft marshmellows, drank hot chocolate and ate like a fool. Now I’m scared, and won’t eat a thing.

Earlier in the week I ate a huge bowl of broccoli with a whole onion and 6-8 cloves of garlic. But I can hardly get myself to eat anything. Don’t know if it is fear of setbacks or just sick of thinking about what to eat.

House is chock full of fudge, baklava, gingerbread cookies, peppermint bark, sugar cookies…the list is endless and I wake up tomorrow and bake Daughter’s birthday cake as her birthday is Dec 24th. And honest to goodness I don’t want a drop of all that stuff it looks like poison to me. So how do I heal myself? Do I need to go to doctor or dentist? They just act like I’m crazy???? Sorry to ramble..maybe I need therapy????

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Jackie2 wrote: Mouth around gums is stil sore and back of throat…I’m even gargling with kefir. What to do. I really don’t have any appetite. I just eat a few tablespoons of yogurt, egg in the am, and a salad with eggs in pm and a few more scoops of yogurt. I’m eating about 2 cups of yogurt a day and maybe a cup and a half of kefir a day with one to three eggs…with a salad of some sort. Not hungry and just want my mouth to heal. Any suggestions?

I’m not taking anything other than the vitamins listed here. I have not taken any antifungals because I thought what the Doc gave me would get rid of thrush and I would just stay on diet and make sure it didn’t come back.

I don’t have white spots but I do think the roof of mouth and tongue have maybe a light film on them. What I do have is a slight burning on tongue all the time and sore throat way in the back. That is kind of how the thrush started the first time..but back then I ate soft marshmellows, drank hot chocolate and ate like a fool. Now I’m scared, and won’t eat a thing.

Earlier in the week I ate a huge bowl of broccoli with a whole onion and 6-8 cloves of garlic. But I can hardly get myself to eat anything. Don’t know if it is fear of setbacks or just sick of thinking about what to eat.

House is chock full of fudge, baklava, gingerbread cookies, peppermint bark, sugar cookies…the list is endless and I wake up tomorrow and bake Daughter’s birthday cake as her birthday is Dec 24th. And honest to goodness I don’t want a drop of all that stuff it looks like poison to me. So how do I heal myself? Do I need to go to doctor or dentist? They just act like I’m crazy???? Sorry to ramble..maybe I need therapy????

Merry Christmas sister!
    Firstly you have to calm down and watch your thoughts. Not all thoughts tell you the truth. If you get thoughts of will I ever be healed etc or what is happening to me, are only thoughts but not the truth. The truth is that you have candida, that the stuff your doctor gives you doesnt help, you noticed too that eating rubbish will make you sick. BUT you know to that there is a way out. Go that way and you will be healed. I dont know what you do or if you have walked for a while now on the path of healing from the inside out. But one thing I know is that you have come to a good path here Able developed.

1. Make up your mind for healing
    2. Read everything here about your enemy
    3. Dont feed the enemy. Stick to the diet 100 percent and dont you think that a little cookie here and a little chocolade cant harm you. You feed the enemy and the enemy gives you a life quality you dont want anymore.
    4. Get yourself very good probiotics and SF722 and follow the protocol outlined here in the forum.
    5. do the oil pulling with coconut oil as Able outlined

yours
    Thomas

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

Sometimes when we take a step backwards and get some of our symptoms back (especially anxiety and depression) we start stressing. I know I start worrying that I will never be better and that it’s a lost cause.

Thankfully we have this great group here to talk/vent to. Makes this whole ordeal considerably more manageable!

I really think once the Candida gets done with it’s “party” with the food you ate, you will start seeing improvement again. But sometimes being patient feels like forever! We get it! We’re here for you! 🙂

Kirsty

Jackie2
    Participant

Thanks to all of you wonderful folks 🙂 I am blessed

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Pain in back of throat and along outside edge of tongue. No white or signs of thrush.’ is closed to new replies.