Overwhelmed, constipated

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Overwhelmed, constipated

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  MsPharm 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Emsmith
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 137

And constipated, exhausted, really wanting to drive 2min to little cesears and enjoy a hot and ready $5 cheese pizza. Ive tried peppermint tea, swedish bitters-uckkkk, water, detox tea, inulin, my ususal hot lemon water first thing. Yesterday i made oat bran/coc bread, ended up choking on the dry brick even though i followed the recipe. Trying to temember what ive accomplished, no flaky scalp, oral thrush, cloudy urine, chapped lips, but skin is still breaking out despite upping my milk thistle and moly. Im waiting on this lady to get back from out of town to get kefir grains and hoping that will help.

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

Sorry to hear today is rough. Maybe try some yoga twists to get your large intestine rung out a little? Sometimes even just child’s pose helps me.

You’ve made it so far. No pizza! 🙂

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I had one of those days a couple of days ago. You are doing so awesome though, I can’t believe all you’ve already accomplished!

Also, if you can do coconut milk, adding a small amount to the bread will make it moist and fluffy and 100 times better.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Emsmith;33398 wrote: And constipated, exhausted, really wanting to drive 2min to little cesears and enjoy a hot and ready $5 cheese pizza. Ive tried peppermint tea, swedish bitters-uckkkk, water, detox tea, inulin, my ususal hot lemon water first thing. Yesterday i made oat bran/coc bread, ended up choking on the dry brick even though i followed the recipe. Trying to temember what ive accomplished, no flaky scalp, oral thrush, cloudy urine, chapped lips, but skin is still breaking out despite upping my milk thistle and moly. Im waiting on this lady to get back from out of town to get kefir grains and hoping that will help.

Em, you didn’t mention coconut oil. It’s part of the protocol and will help the constipation.

You can add more eggs or more oil and even coconut milk to the bread recipe if it turns out too dry.

Able

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

Do you take Magnesium? I was constipated for about a month and I worked up to 1000 mg of Magnesium. It helped me greatly, now I only take 500mg a night and I have 2 to 3 bowel movements a day now

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

I noticed that too many eggs makes my bread to dry. Also, I prefer the buckwheat/oat bran version, it’s more like bread to me than coconut. Try this version:

– 3 packed cups of flour (I do 2 cups buckwheat and one cup oat bran but you adjust it any way you like, I noticed oat bran makes it more sticky and buckwheat a bit dryer so this works for me)
    – 4 large eggs
    – salt to taste (I put about half a teaspoon)
    – about tablespoon of baking powder
    – about 1/3 to 1/2 cup of EVOO or lard (you can use any type of fat you like here)

So above is the base recipe. At times I would put kefir or yoghurt in, other times I would put some seeds when I was able to handle it. Just try it again. It takes some getting used to baking it and eating it. I now enjoy it very much and I remember at the beginning I was eating some bricks as well (I don’t like to throw away food so I suffered through it).

And yes, we all have bad days, and you will get trough it, just keep on track. It took me close to a year to be 99% symptom free so you can do it for sure!

Best of luck to you!

Arijana

Emsmith
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 137

thank you all so much! the yoga helped with some gas, and i chugged my lemon water this AM and it worked instantly! able i am trying to add more coconut oil, but a few days ago i used 1 cup in a recipe and woke up w/vomiting/diarrhea. so this recipe i used less…too dry, will try the olive oil. will try the magnesium too.

with the swedish bitters… do you have to actually taste them to work? or would a few drops in a capsule be better than nothing? i certainly don’t see myself doing that on a regular basis. also is it ok the kefir lady has been out of town, just wondering how long they can sit without someone around tending to them?

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

My understanding of Swedish bitters is that they need to stimulate the vagus nerve, which happens when you taste them.

MsPharm
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

I am sorry to hear about your difficulties. Here are a few suggestions that I have tried and have been successful with:

1.)Drink warm water. Not cold. I would boil a pot of water on the stove and drink that throughout the day. It actually does make a difference.

2.) Steamed veggies. I had a big steamer and would just throw in some of my favorite veggies lik broccoli or cabbage and eat those with a little bit of olive oil and himalayan salt (easy to get at World Market).

3.) Quinoa- Cook a pot and store in fridge. Heat and eat whenever you want. Lots of fiber and gives you protein and essential amino acids. Tip: I add some spices like garlic powder, salt and some turmeric to the water and then cook it. I have also on occasional sauteed some fresh garlic and onions, then added the water to cook. It tastes really good!

4.) Millet bread. In India I believe that call it “bajiree roti”. Some major indian stores sell it ready made….but better to make fresh because the stale stuff doesn’t taste so good. Take the flour, add some seasoning for taste like salt, turmeric, garlic….whatever you like. Sometimes I do fresh chopped spinach. Add that to a bowl with the flour and slowly had some warm water while mixing with your hand. Be careful not to add too much water. Form into a ball and flatten. Add to a skillet with oiland cook on both sides (kind of like a thicker version of a mini tortilla).

All of my GI symptoms subsided within 24 hours. Not to be too descriptive here, but I was having difficulty with getting just one bowel movement a day. After I started this….I am up to 3 normal movements a day. And I feel great!
    I am keeping this up for as long as I am on the diet until my Candida is gone.
    I hope this helps.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Overwhelmed, constipated’ is closed to new replies.