overeating = yeast overgrowth – did we ever come to a conclusion on HCL?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions overeating = yeast overgrowth – did we ever come to a conclusion on HCL?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  prismaticmantis 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Jeremiah
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 31

Did we ever come to a conclusion about overeating, in that even if we do to a slight degree, with the best food possible on the good foods list, don’t we still build yeast on the food that doesn’t have enough HCL to digest it?

We’ve been through this before but am not sure if we came to any solid conclusions.I’m asking because my deceased dad overate, I overeat, I’ve got friends who overeat. The effect is always the same, bloatedness and gas which research says is due to the gasses given off by the yeast formed on the undigested food. Now does this yeast feed our already overpopulation or just fade away in the stomach.

What’s hard to figure is to know when enough is enough, when the food tastes so good. I guess we can under eat to be sure. One yogi said to stop eating just after the thought comes to your head whether your getting full or not. It’s a fine line.

So is it a big deal not to overeat, or should we just do the best we can and allow the body to take care of itself. Or do we take HCL, which studies say is the opposite of what people guess and that its an acid and can cause heartburn. The truth is we take as much as we want, as the HCL the stomach balances it out. The research says it can even heal and ulcer, don’t know if I believe that but thats what it says. Or should we take other digestive helpers, like digestive enzymes. If food is cooked over 118 degrees we kill the enzymes and eat dead food. They say 90% of the public eats dead food most of the time and that is why we don’t live as long as we should, and have acidic bodies, instead of the alkaline ones we were born in, but if we eat the appropriate enzymes, especially in the form of sprouts, we can put eat our supermarkets dead food and put the enzymes back in the body in the form of bean sprouts, cut at the right time to keep the enzymes alive and put back in the body.

Just some idea’s that beg for company. Nzymes.com is a web site that educates on live enzymes and cures many ailments that parallel Candida overgrowth. Heat rashes, and skin irritations are signs of insufficient live enzymes in the body and also in animals, which is the reason the web site got started in the first place, due the same reason, pet food is nothing but overcooked meat and animals live half there live times. Putting live enzymes back in their bodies started this web site and he shows hundreds of cases of animal skin problems and other problems solved by live enzymes and now has improved his web site to include the same treatment for humans. I’m guessing there is am important link to Candida somewhere here. Check out the site.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Jeremiah wrote: Did we ever come to a conclusion about overeating, in that even if we do to a slight degree, with the best food possible on the good foods list, don’t we still build yeast on the food that doesn’t have enough HCL to digest it?

Hello, Jeremiah;

Yes, overeating feeds Candida albicans, but this has more to do with carbohydrates than yeast or gas. Every time we eat, we consume carbohydrates, and when carbohydrates break down they create sugar. As I’ve mentioned before, go have yourself just one cucumber as your meal and you’ve given ingested about 11 grams of carbohydrates with which to create sugar for the Candida.

This is a breakdown of vegetables and the amounts of carbohydrates in one serving: asparagus, 3; green snap beans, 10; beets, 17; broccoli, 11; Brussels sprouts, 11; cabbage, 8; carrots, 13; cauliflower, 5; corn, 32; (1) cucumber, 11; lima beans, 39; sweet green pepper, 7.

Common sense tells you that, the more carbohydrates in a single food item, the more sugar is going to be made available as food for the Candida, and at the same time, the more you eat at one sitting, the more food you’ll make for the infestation at one time. This is why you’ll never starve the infestation from your body, all you can do is lower the population to a degree while you work at changing the environment in the intestines which will be your ultimate cure.

Fiber at least is one food that is not converted into sugar in your body, but as it passes through the digestive tract, it serves as food for the beneficial bacteria instead of for the Candida. This is why I can’t say enough about the benefits of fiber-rich foods while on the Candida diet. This is the main reason that fiber-rich foods such as teff, millet, oat bran, brown rice bran, and buckwheat are on the allowed foods list.

You mentioned HCL (hydrochloric acid) and ulcers; stomach acid is needed to protect against H. pylori which is the bacteria responsible for causing most peptic ulcers. According to some research studies, many people with peptic ulcers exhibit a low average of HCL.

Able

Downtown
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 39

Sorry for getting semi off subject, but im not sure exactly sure how to know which oat bran or rice bran to use? Google can very confusing and easily lead you in the wrong direction. Could someone send a link of a brand they use?

Thanks,
    Dt

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Downtown wrote: Sorry for getting semi off subject, but im not sure exactly sure how to know which oat bran or rice bran to use? Google can very confusing and easily lead you in the wrong direction. Could someone send a link of a brand they use?

Hello, DT.

Bob’s Red Mill seems to have just about the best quality for these products.

This is a link to the correct oat bran cereal:
    http://www.amazon.com/Bobs-Red-Mill-Bran-Cereal/dp/B001O8NM48/ref=sr_1_cc_2?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1326635687&sr=1-2-catcorr

This is the link for brown rice bran flour (box of 4 bags):
    http://www.amazon.com/Bobs-Red-Mill-Stabalized-18-Ounce/dp/B000EDBQ38/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1326635788&sr=1-1-catcorr

Able

prismaticmantis
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 21

Jeramiah-
    Overeating stresses the whole body, a high percentage (somthing like 70 or 80%) of the body’s energy output is used for digestion. I have been in a situation where however much food I ate, I could not build more body weight as i’ve always been on the light side. I used to overeat a lot and sometimes still do. I like the yogi quote and think those words may be good to ponder more at that “should i stop eating?” stage of meals. This past summer i found my stomach couldnt digest anything and the food just sat there. Terrible feeling. I used HCL supplements (worked my way up to 2 650mg caps per meal) I did this unsupervised and ended up getting gastritis. The combo of this, stress, inflammation and candida wreaked havoc on my gut. i am still healing from it. Right now i take 1 cap of digestive enzymes (similase) and 1000mg of vit c (has acidic breakdown qualities) per meal. This helps a lot. Before taking these I coat my stomach with L glutamine, slippery elm, licorice, aloe and probiotic powders. I am trying to be patient and hoping all of this ends up healing the issue. I would suggest digestive enzymes and vit c BEFORE meals to aid digestion. HCL is a strong acid that can damage stomach lining. Hope this helps.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘overeating = yeast overgrowth – did we ever come to a conclusion on HCL?’ is closed to new replies.