Organic eggs and a question about organic chickens

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Organic eggs and a question about organic chickens

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Thomas 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Hi
    I am buying organic eggs here in Sweden and ask the shopkeeper to order for me organic chickens to test. He was happy and friendly telling me how good they are and that they are tasting so great with all the corn they where fed with.

Its called a mais-chicken. (Corn-chicken?)

Because I feel so bad and not cheating at all. I start to wonder if the food they give to the chickens will have bad effects on my health. What is if the chickens get a lot of grains and corn to eat will that not go into the meat? Dont I get then all that stuff into my intestines when i eat the organic chicken?

Still its good that there are no antibiotics in the organic chickens and eggs but grains fed to the chickens might still be a big problem and could be an answer why I feel so bad.

The same question applies for the eggs, will not the eggs be affected from what the chickens where eating?

I would like to test taking a break from eating eggs but I am already loosing a lot of weight every week. What can I do to test to live without eggs? I eat a lot of avocado but what can I eat more not to loose more weight? All the rice bran and oat brans we don’t have here.

thanks guys!
    I hope you all feel better soon!
    cheers
    Thomas

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hi, Thomas.

This is just one more problem to deal with when any type of animal product is in question, of course, this includes eggs as well. In America many organic chicken farms allow the chickens to roam free across fenced in acreage. This means they are free to eat bugs and worms to their heart’s content. So now the question is, which is worse, chickens who are fed cracked corn or those who eat a meat diet of bugs and worms?

To be honest with you, I don’t know how much of the food that the animals eat will affect us in the end. We have a local organic farm which advertises their eggs as being from chickens who are fed a “vegetarian diet” … but I’m sure that this supposedly healthy vegetarian diet includes grains and corn.

My theory is that we receive the nutrients from the foods that animals eat and not that much of the actual ‘food’ itself. At least, that’s the best I can hope for.
    I am fortunate that my diet can include various dried beans every day, and fortunately, one day you will arrive at this point yourself.

Sorry I can’t give you more definite information on this subject, Thomas.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would go for the organic chicken and eggs; I wouldn’t worry about what the chickens eat as far as their diet. For instance, certain bugs such as grasshoppers have lots of protein; but they have a bunch of wierd things in their diet (just as an example). Or think about what fish eat; they eat a bunch of floating foods in the ocean! Eating what fish eat might pose health problems, but eating the fish themselves should have no drawbacks!

-Raster

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

raster wrote: I would go for the organic chicken and eggs; I wouldn’t worry about what the chickens eat as far as their diet. For instance, certain bugs such as grasshoppers have lots of protein; but they have a bunch of wierd things in their diet (just as an example). Or think about what fish eat; they eat a bunch of floating foods in the ocean! Eating what fish eat might pose health problems, but eating the fish themselves should have no drawbacks!

-Raster

thanks guys, I only started wondering when i heard that a woman who was allergic to grains and was eating Norwegian Salomon which comes from a fish farm started to react allergic. First she thought that she was allergic to fish but then she noticed she could eat wild Salomon. She figured out that the Norwegian fish farmers gave grains as food to the fishes.

-cheers
    thomas

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Organic eggs and a question about organic chickens’ is closed to new replies.