Organic Cacao Powder

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Organic Cacao Powder

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Nia 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

Here’s a link: http://www.iherb.com/Navitas-Naturals-Cacao-Powder-Raw-Chocolate-Powder-16-oz-454-g/8254?at=0

0g of sugar. Contains antioxidants. High source of dietary fiber, and magnesium. Yay or nay? Would this be OK on the diet?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Is it on the allowed foods list? I don’t think its there…

catlover345
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 43

Is the foods list infallible?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

What do you mean?

It is up to you whether you cheat or not, but cocoa powder isn’t helpful for your treatment…

-raster

M

@raster,

Firstly, it’s cacao powder and not cocoa powder, apparently there is a difference. Secondly, why isn’t it on the allowed foods list? It doesn’t contain anything harmful as far as I’m aware. Please feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

Able?

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

M,
    Thanks so much! I am so excited!!! I don’t see anything wrong but I totally wrong. haha
    I am curious about this too! There is very little to no caffeine in it and really good for you. If we can use it, it will open tons of new recipe ideas!!! I am interested to see what Able say. More info about this product below.

http://integrative-living.com/page.php?htmlID=Raw%20Cacao%20Powder

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

Wow and the ORAC score is soo high!!! I thought Acai berries were high but this is way higher 😀 We could all use some antioxidants to help our immune system 😀

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

catlover345 wrote: Is the foods list infallible?

Is anything infallible?

Cacao is the bean itself; cocoa is a by-product removed from the bean.
    Cacao contains theobromine, theophylline and caffeine.

Theobromine is a bitter alkaloid and a stimulant. Ever hear of theobromine poisoning?

Theophylline, among other things, is a myocardial stimulant which reacts with caffeine giving it more of a stimulant effect.

We all know what caffeine is, and most of us know that it’s your enemy when you’re trying to add support to your adrenals and strengthen your immune system. And I imagine that most of you also know how important the adrenals and immune system are to a Candida cure.

When you’re creating a list of foods for a Candida diet, you have to consider several important factors that support the goal of the diet which is three-fold:

1) To prevent feeding the Candida and at the same time avoid access weight loss.

2) To obtain as many nutrients as possible from the diet for health, to support the adrenals and rebuild the immune system as well as prevent further damage to both, aid in curing leaky gut syndrome, and avoid as many potential allergens as possible.

3) To provide prebiotic food sources in order to feed the beneficial bacteria as often and as much as possible for maintaining and growing the population of the flora.

So every time you add a food item, you have to ask yourself the question; does this food have at least one of the attributes needed for a workable Candida diet?

If a food item has one rare attribute, and it’s a particularly powerful and strong provider of that attribute, but it also has a slight potential for causing a problem, then the food is probably going to be a test food anyway because of the rareness of its attribute. Some of the prebiotics on the list are examples of this.
    Cacao has none of the attributes named above, but it does have the potential for being problematic to the treatment; this is one reason it isn’t on the allowed foods list.

The foods on the list were both tested and researched and found to be safer for the Candida treatment than foods that are not on the list. We’ve all got to eat food, but we can reduce the chances of aggravating the Candida or prolonging the treatment by being as careful as possible with the foods we choose to eat. Cacao is a ‘chance’ food because of the reasons I’ve listed.

Even so, no one has or is going to tell you that you can’t try or test it, and discussing it over and over again isn’t going make a difference in the outcome of the test. There’s a good chance that you won’t have an immediate reaction at all.

So go ahead, test it, eat it, enjoy it, no one is going to smack your hand if you do.

Able

M

Able,

I appreciate your detailed response. I value the opinion of forum members such as yourself, and Raster, but you’re right in that each individual is free to choose whether to eat something or not, without fear of being smacked or scolded. I have no fear in trying different things, though I’m trying to be cautious. I just wanted to get other opinions on this particular product. In fact, the website Lauren linked to states that organic cacao is extremely beneficial and does not contain high-levels of caffeine. Anyway, at the end of the day, it’s up to each of us to make that choice. Thanks for your input.

TalAd
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

I’m on a late-response rampage here (only 6 years late…), but i’ve been on a candida diet for almost a month now, and enjoying a few raw cacao beans daily without any issues (i even add some stevia…). I think it is wise NOT to smack yourself and limit yourself to the point where youre deprived and desperate. Im not saying go ahead and eat sugars and yeast and pastries and alcohol, but Cacao has some amazing traits, and if you are not consuming caffeine in any other means – I think having a little cacao wont damage your body.

Cheers

Nia
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 46

Don’t risk it. Beans all contain compounds that hurt us more than help us, that’s just to ensure it’s survival as it should.

I tried both cacao and cocoa neither helped. Made my acid reflux worse and added and unexpected burn to it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Organic Cacao Powder’ is closed to new replies.