Organic Buckwheat Groats

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Organic Buckwheat Groats

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Emmap 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Luke
    Participant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 20

I recently ran out of kasha and, when I went to the bulk store to replenish my stock, found that it was no longer carried. Instead, they were carrying organic buckwheat groats, which I’ve since been eating as a replacement. I have 1/3 cup in the morning and 1/3 cup in the early evening, at dinner.

I’ve read some conflicting information online regarding organic buckwheat groats–well, buckwheat in general–claiming that it’s too starchy to be eaten on the strict candida diet (which I’ve been following for 30 days). I’d gotten the impression on this forum, however, that it’s an acceptable food.

For anyone with knowledge or experience on this matter: Is buckwheat unconditionally acceptable? Moreover, is the consumption of buckwheat groats more prone to candida triggers than eating kasha? Peeling lips are a die-off symptom that I commonly experience, but it usually subsides within the first month of the diet (for the most part). I’ve been on the strict diet for 30 days and my lips are still peeling; could this be due to the buckwheat groats? It’s the only thing I’m doing differently since restarting my diet, and I’d like to nip this in the bud if it is, in fact, problematic.

Perhaps I’m eating too much per day? Any insight would be appreciated.

Thank you so much!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would not worry about it and feel that its safe for the diet. The main concern is whether you have allergic reactions to this food or not and it sounds like you are not experiencing this.

-raster

Luke
    Participant

Thanks, Raster. It’s good to see you.

I’ve also been drinking two cups of Throat Coat tea, so there’s always the possibility of that contributing to the aforesaid die-off symptom, right? Also, the peeling lips might be characteristic of the old (applicable) adage of things getting worse before they get better. I’m taking 15 SF722 capsules per day, so the peeling lips might simply be the candida symptoms I’ve always felt, only amplified. What do you think?

I appreciate your insight. I’ve discontinued consumption of the tea for now, but will treat lightly around my intake of organic buckwheat groats. The tea should be fine, I realize, but I must be sure. The same goes for the buckwheat.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The peeling lips is likely related to oral thrush and bugs in your mouth so I would consider trying out kombucha to address that problem. It will come back but should reduce over time as you consume kombucha regularly.

-raster

Luke
    Participant

Oral thrush isn’t the issue as far as I know, but bugs? In my experience the peeling lips disappears completely so long as I’m on the diet. I always assumed it was a caused by inflammation, which candida, leaky gut and stress can cause (all of which I experience). Nevertheless, I’ll look into kombucha.

Thanks, Raster.

Emmap
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 10

Hi Luke. I have found buckwheat to difficult to process, as well as coconut flour. I also get the peeling lip syndrome, which does clear up after about a week for me. Maybe lay off on it for a bit and see what happens. Oatbran in small amounts seems to be tolerable for me. (will post my muesli in the breakfast recipe section)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Organic Buckwheat Groats’ is closed to new replies.