Oregon Grape – for Raster

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Oregon Grape – for Raster

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  s. 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

s.
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 80

So I’m three days into Oregon Grape – barberine. I feel really great! The best I’ve felt in a long time. The funny thing is that I’m having lung congestion out of nowhere. Not bad, but I’m coughing up stuff. So I did some research and lo and beyold – it clears out the lungs! I thought of you right away Raster. Do some research. I’m only taking one pill a day. Bottle says three pills two times a day, but I’m so sensitive to everything – one is doing a lot. I plan on only taking it for five days and am not taking anything else with it other than kefir, D3 plus Cal, E and A.

mamagibbs4
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 14

Is it expensive? My hubby has allergy issues. Might come in handy, sometime.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Oregon grape is antifungal, right? I see them all of the time when I go out hiking; the berries are not tasty whatsoever lol. I remember seeing it when I researched antifungals.

I will check it out when I quit smoking, I am sure my naturopath has some things in store for clearing/healing the lungs.

-raster

s.

I got my bottle for around thirteen dollars. Yes, it’s antifungal – and it works against giardia and a whole host of other pathogens that can overgrow. I guess it’s another type of sf722 – only does more.NOt as safe though for the long haul – but in little doses I think it is a nice addition.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

The herbs Barberry and Oregon grape both contain alkaloids; berberine is one of these alkaloids which has the ability to destroy healthy gut flora as well as damage the intestinal lining. This is why I’ve never recommended either of these on the forum.
    Yes, Oregon grape can help to clear the lungs, but there are safer ways to do this, plus I certainly wouldn’t want to use it during or even just after ridding the body of a Candida overgrowth considering the damage it does to the flora and intestinal lining.

Fenugreek seed can help to thin out mucous, and cayenne pepper when taken internally is able to stimulate the release of fluids into the lungs which keeps the phlegm thinned out. Then there are expectorants like horehound or osha that will help to expel the phlegm.

Able

jollina
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 7

Most natural antifungals are also antibacterials.

Do you think the candida itself and the toxic effect it has on different organ systems has a significant impact on hormones?

s.

Berberine reduces intestinal inflammation, heals the gut and has been proven effective in treating radiation induced injury to the intestines. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed Use the advanced search and put in Berberine and Intestinal. This doesn’t give all the articles I was looking at, but many of them are there. What research pointed to damage to intestinal lining?

s.

I know we’re not rabbits, but:
    Berberine inhibits intestinal secretory response of Vibrio cholerae and Escherichia coli enterotoxins.

Sack RB, Froehlich JL.

Abstract

Berberine, an alkaloid from the plant Berberis aristata, which has been known since ancient times as an antidiarrheal medication in India and China, inhibited by approximately 70% the secretory responses of the heat-labile enterotoxins of Vibrio cholerae and Escherichia coli in the rabbit ligated intestinal loop model. The drug was effective when given either before or after enterotoxin binding and when given either intraluminally or parenterally; it did not inhibit the stimulation of adenylate cyclase by cholera enterotoxin and caused no histological damage to intestinal mucosa. Berberine also markedly inhibited the secretory response of E. coli heat-stable enterotoxin in the infant mouse model. Although the mechanism of action of the drug is not yet known, these data provide a rationale for its apparent clinical usefulness in treating acute diarrheal disease.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Oregon Grape – for Raster’ is closed to new replies.